2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelby GT is what it is...

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/06, 06:18 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
AFBLUE, if your one of the first guys that has to have one be prepared to take some vasoline with you cause you will need it.
Eric, you've made a fine start. May I be the first to offer you congratulations!

If one can't impress with intellect one might as well try brain sewage. It usually works.

Vasoline?

Old 8/19/06, 06:37 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AFBLUE, if your one of the first guys that has to have one...
Nope, that ain't me. I may pay MSRP for a Shelby GT, but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

I just posted in a different thread about a dealer here is San Antonio selling a new 2006 GT premium, auto with leather, abs etc for $21.9K or about $10-13K less than the best deal I could probably get on a Shelby GT.

I think we will begin to see more and more discounts/rebates on the Mustang GT which will personally make it harder for me to justify paying that much for a Shelby GT. I said harder but not impossible

There's still always this do-it-myself option.
Attached Images  
Old 8/19/06, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Bullitt, I did not spell vaseline correctly but I think my point was clear and that is all that matters. I swear I just hate all of these crazy markups. A Mustang is supposed to be affordable for every working man but its not anymore. I detest the dealers that mark up prices over msrp and the people that pay it have more money than they have sence.

My cousin is the sales manager at my local Ford dealer and when I bought my Mach 1 I went to see him. I told him what I was going to buy and needed a price before I jumped on a jet to Florida. He of course tried to sell me a GT at 17K but I was not interested. When he finally came back with a price I laughed in his face. Yes, we are family. He had his junior sales trainee right there with us. He basically called me a liar when I told him what I could buy one for. I then directed him to Brandon Fords website in Tampa Florida to see the advertised price. The look on his face was priceless. He didnt know what to say. Needless to say, I went 900 miles to buy the mustang.
Old 8/19/06, 06:55 PM

Forget the spelling, that is not the issue. Besides, used car salesmen post here all the time and we have been able to figure out what they had in mind. A task which at times have been not just a job but an adventure.

It is its implication directed at someone whose stands I know a bit about and apparently you don't.
Old 8/19/06, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

It is its implication directed at someone whose stands I know a bit about and apparently you don't.

Bullitt, could you clarify? You lost me there dude. Believe me I am pretty open minded to a degree.
Old 8/19/06, 07:38 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
George, this went way over my head too.
Old 8/19/06, 07:50 PM

... could you clarify?
The application, the use, the main purpose of vaseline. It tends to be offensive in nature. Give it time. You'll get to know who rightfully deserves the offer.

Now, back to the main topic. Where were we?
Ahh...
The synonymous relation and association between SOBs and Ford dealers.

Old 8/19/06, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Wink

He basically called me a liar when I told him what I could buy one for. I then directed him to Brandon Fords website in Tampa Florida to see the advertised price.
So you're the one who got a fair deal at Brandon Ford. I've heard of you, but, like bigfoot and the chupacabra, I figured you were just an urban legend.
Old 8/19/06, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope, I bought it for 21795 plus tt. A lot of people got the same deal. Its not a myth. Shebys will see the same fate. Just give it some time. The used car prices reflect the lowest price paid fyi. Anybody that pays a premium for a shelby gt is a idiot imo for a handling package. Time wil prove me right. Wait and see.
Old 8/20/06, 04:36 PM

I've seen local (San Diego) loss leader Premium GT's going for about 22K also, and they were automatics (sick, yes I know, but if I remember right a 1000 dollar option, thus a 5-sp @ 21K!).

Yes, these are loss leaders, but I've purchased a loss leader car before @ the quoted price. One just needs to know how to negociate (spelling?) at the dealer.

BTW I've had great car sales people and terrible sales people, but I would have to say the later is has been more common - kind of reminds me of real estate agents! I've never seen 2 industries where the people know so little about their product. I had the "sales manger" (i.e. an experienced leader of the sales team) call me to "come down and drive the new GT500" weeks before anybody in the country even had one on their lot. My response? Sure, but before I come down there to drive it, maybe you better check to see if you have one! She then went to check and (shockingly!) they didn't have one. Duh. No one did. The first delivery dates were months away! I could go on about simple things like not knowing how many cylinders a car that they sell a million of per year has. Just know the basics sales people - puhleeese! No offense to those of you who do your homework, and just don't ask me "what it'll take to get me into the car today, because the offer won't be good tomorrow."

Climbing down off my soapbox - go ahead and flame me ...

R.E. agents too! Don't get me started about the "plucked from the air" method of valuing a property - and no, I'm not kidding that is a quote!

The key points about price were at the top of the post! Sorry to ramble.
Old 8/20/06, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

John351, I agree about car salesmen not having any knowledge of what they are selling and trying to act like they do. My worst experience was with Brandon Fords finance manager. The sales guy admitted he knew very little about the car and made the deal simple for me. The finance guy tried to tell me he drove a Mach1 and that it dynoed at 400 whp. I called BS on him right in the office and told him that I was sick of misinformation from idiots like him. I told him I would be reporting him by name on the survey that Ford sends out. They scrambled real quick to calm me down but I still reported him on the survey anyway. Evidently, those surveys are real important to dealers.

I have sold 3 houses without Real estate agents too. I dont know why some people think that they have to have one. They too remind me of car salesmen as there are only a handful that really know what they are doing.
Old 11/3/06, 10:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Get rid of the GT emblem on the fender, its redundent...it's already on the stripe]

THANKS!
Old 11/4/06, 07:51 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

See, you can make a difference on here. . Now if they would just add more colors for the Shelby GT.
Old 11/5/06, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
See, you can make a difference on here. . Now if they would just add more colors for the Shelby GT.

I wish they came with no fender emblem like the V6 oh and antenna delete too.

-Deric