2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

It's Here!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/06, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this to add. When the very first 'photochops' of the Roush Mustang were unveiled, almost every TMS member stuck their finger down their throat and commented on what a piece of doo doo it was. When the production car came to be, those very same TMS members turned 180 degrees and said what a great job Jack did with the Stang.

I'll reserve any harsh criticism until I see a Shelby GT either in person or some high quality pics here at the site. You just know you won't be able to see the rivets for the hood scoop on the production model. Not sure what that's all about.

Amy, it's a nice car. I understand you have to draw the line somewhere. So 2 colors for the body and one color for the stripe was it for '07. I understand. There is nothing to say you won't go with two different colors in '08. You can't please everybody. Bring it out and let the chips fall where they may.

As for me, I have my dream car (Grabber Orange) so I'm not in the running. So I believe I can be a bit more objective than most as I would not even buy a Boss from Ford at this point. I've committed (or should be!)

325, 350, 400 hp? Who cares. They're all very nice cars and we should be fortunate that we, as Americans, can buy and enjoy these cars, no matter the version.

S197 - it's working for me! I like them all...
Old 8/10/06, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by amyb
lol, did you know as a point of reference, that 2008 is the 40th anniversary of the gt500KR????
Amy
A 40th anniversary GT500KR with BIG horsepower and torque numbers and more retro styling to set it apart from a regular GT (i.e. no bullitts, etc). Now, presuming it came in with an MSRP of under $50k, that would be a car I'd consider trading in my baby for!
Old 8/10/06, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

shelby gt

i like the looks of the new shelby gt. i also liked the shelby v-6. keep them coming amy!!
Old 8/10/06, 08:01 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Stan,
I have to disagree with you about the Roush. I didn't like it before it came out and I still don't like it. The spoiler, the carbon fiber interior, none of it... except the front fascia when it doesn't have the chin spoiler on it. (I like that a lot as you can see by my sig. )

So I guess my point is, even though I wouldn't even consider buying a Shelby GT, maybe some good new parts will come out of it.
Old 8/10/06, 08:03 AM
V6 Member

shelby gt

i like the new shelby gt. i also liked the v-6 shelby. keep them coming amy!
Old 8/10/06, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Stan,
I have to disagree with you about the Roush. I didn't like it before it came out and I still don't like it. The spoiler, the carbon fiber interior, none of it... except the front fascia when it doesn't have the chin spoiler on it. (I like that a lot as you can see by my sig. )

So I guess my point is, even though I wouldn't even consider buying a Shelby GT, maybe some good new parts will come out of it.
Hey, it's all good, Jason. I should have said 90% of the Roush haters changed their tune, but I know you know I knew to say that. Ya kno?
Old 8/10/06, 09:05 AM

including what the 4.6 and 5.4 are capable of.....
I want to know more about this!!!!
Old 8/10/06, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by pitpup
Hey, it's all good, Jason. I should have said 90% of the Roush haters changed their tune, but I know you know I knew to say that. Ya kno?
Yeah, I kno. I think.
Old 8/10/06, 10:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why can't they just come out with a dark green stang Shelby and CS sticker packages, fake scoops, and D.O.T. service orange Mustangs? Jeeze. Does Team Mustang still exist or what?
Old 8/10/06, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
These Shelby-GT's are a pretty cool concept. It Would be cool to go to a dealer and see a few on the lot to choose from and pay msrp. Is that going to happen......Hell no!!!!!.....Look at the GT500 markup......This will be just as bad if not worse. This Shelby-GT actually goes out to the Shelby facility.......Good luck getting your hands on one......I think everyone on here is a little bitter because we all KNOW that dealers will ruin this car for the average working class man........Can we Buy this direct from Shelby?????....That would be nice........Crooked dealers.....I would love a GT500 at MSRP.......That won't happen......
Old 8/10/06, 05:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Amy, don't take it the wrong way. We want you in the forums.
Look, I'll tell you by experience.
One time, when I asked for opinions and later I started attacking the members's opinion's (not that you're doing it) Korinwoodo told me that if I was asking for opinions, I should respect them, because that's what they are, opinions.

No hard feelings?
Ohh, thats me . Props yo.
Old 8/10/06, 06:16 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by svt06
I have to give them credit for keeping the interest level high. We'll need all the excitement possible on these cars, when the new bowties and mopars come out. I think I'll have one in black.

exactly the point, I have no intention of letting that happen, baby steps now, big bang when needed

AMy
Old 8/10/06, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

exactly the point, I have no intention of letting that happen, baby steps now, big bang when needed

AMy
So someone ELSE believes in the 'big bang theory'. Cool. Amy, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post in the other thread (not having GT on the side of the car twice...).

I promise you I will only post constructive ideas. You may or may not agree with them, but they will be constructive, not destructive. Keep in mind that while TMS has 10,000 plus members, we are the hardcore fanatics here. But we understand we are truly in the minority. Many folks out there will buy V6's and even GT's and not ever care to converse with the likes of this bunch. But keep in mind they (we) do come up with some pretty good suggestions now and then. It's up to you to read thru the posts, roll your eyes when necessary, then pluck out the posts that are truly well thought out and will help your company.

Not an easy job, I realize, but up to now you're hanging in there pretty well with this bunch. And it's not just the guys. All the women that I know that have S197's are just a fanatical if not as vocal.

The beautiful thing about America is that the almighty dollar is the last word. Make the cars. If they sell, you know you done good! If they don't move as fast as projected, learn and move on. I know everyone here would like to think we will have absolute influence on one Amy B., Shelby Prez, and yes, to some degree, we will grab your attention at times. But you have an agenda in place. Many items are already set while others can be tweaked at the last minute. I'm just hoping you will listen when a changeable item comes into question and pray you don't get TOO many opinions.

OK, that's about all the time we have for this post. I'll shut up and wait for the official announcement, and see if you folks need any additional prodding out there!

Have a great night. Good luck tomorrow.

Stan
Old 8/11/06, 08:27 AM
Cobra Member

Now that I've had a few days to think about it, I need more info on this car, before I would buy one. Some of you made some very good points about this car, and its sent up a couple red flags.