2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Found the order code for the Shelby GT while at work!

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/06, 01:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Found the order code for the Shelby GT while at work!

While playing around with CONCEPTS at work today, I stumbled across a code that didn't fit with anything in the current ordering guides. When I went to the order screen (to build a car), I punched in the usual to start the process:

07 (for year)
T82 (body code)
9999 (order #, this is used for just checking out cars)
2 (order type, for retail)
140A (package code)
99 (priority, again, used just for checking prices and such)
HP (Perf White)
KW ( D Charcoal Leather)
Then I entered just a few options, 18G, 43A, 67L.
Then I entered OPTION CODE 54U. When I hit enter, I get a message at the bottom of the build screen (the screen before the prices are listed)
HOLD- JOB #2 ORDER ON HOLD UNTIL DECEMBER SCHEDULING
INFO 3.55LS AXLE ADDED REQD W/54U GT UPFITTERS
INFO: FRT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET ADDED

From what I can tell, this is the option code to get the Shelby GT. I say this, as when it says "December scheduling", this means that they won't get built till January, and we all know that the Shelby GT doesn't come out till then.

When I hit enter again, there was nothing on the screen at all. No price, no car info, nothing. This leads me to believe that Ford doesn't have the package info punched into the system yet, because usually you'll get some vehicle info on the screen, even if a price isn't available yet.

Seems like there will be an update to the 2007 Mustang ordering guide sometime late this month, or early next month. This update should give us all the info on the package and such (though, its info we mostly know about). At least we know what the option code is. I just thought I would like to share, and help some out who are looking into ordering one.
Old 10/16/06, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff - thanks for the info - did you get to see the pricing on the Shelby GT?
Old 10/16/06, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Jeff - thanks for the info - did you get to see the pricing on the Shelby GT?
No I didn't, and thats the thing. Usually when I do a CONCEPTS of a new vehicle, before any pricing comes out, there would be some info on the screen. But this time, not a thing. Guess Ford doesn't have it entered in the computers yet. Hopefully soon though.
Old 10/17/06, 10:44 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Old 10/17/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just wish Ford would get on with it, and send us some info, so I can pass it along to everyone on the site. They have so many people interested the car. I guess good things come to those who wait.
Old 10/18/06, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I just wish Ford would get on with it, and send us some info, so I can pass it along to everyone on the site. They have so many people interested the car. I guess good things come to those who wait.

and wait ... and wait ... and wait ...

what a cluster
Old 10/19/06, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by futuresvt
and wait ... and wait ... and wait ...

what a cluster
Hey future, I'm in totally agreence with you. Just don't shoot the messanger, for Ford draging their heels.
Old 10/20/06, 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey future, I'm in totally agreence with you. Just don't shoot the messanger, for Ford draging their heels.
No problem there! Thanks Jeff and I look forward until we can order them...now where is my popcorn...
Old 10/24/06, 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Seems strange they would require the 3.55 rear end when it's going to be replaced with the 3.73's. That's like Saleen ordering a Premium GT (comes with leather seats) instead of a Deluxe when they're just going to replace the seat covers with their own.
Old 11/2/06, 12:24 AM
V6 Member

Hey Jeff,

Anything new show up in the Concepts system yet?

Thanks for any info you can give us!
Old 11/2/06, 03:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mark1
Hey Jeff,

Anything new show up in the Concepts system yet?

Thanks for any info you can give us!
Hey Mark, my pleasure to help everyone out on this. There is nothing new yet. I just looked at the Order Guide section of Ford Dealer, and they haven't issued an updated ordering guide as of yet (current guide is from June 1st). When I get ANY info, I will head over to the computer and post it! I just wish I could give more info, but I am at Ford's mercy until they release anything.
Old 11/2/06, 03:18 PM

Jeff,
If you have time, see if you can find anything out about the new grille that might be coming on the '08 Bullitt. I'm wondering if it's the grille on the Ford Accessory Store's SEMA car. Kevin's been watching it, but I didn't know if you might have some other sources.
Old 11/2/06, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut
Jeff,
If you have time, see if you can find anything out about the new grille that might be coming on the '08 Bullitt. I'm wondering if it's the grille on the Ford Accessory Store's SEMA car. Kevin's been watching it, but I didn't know if you might have some other sources.
Hey Jason, I'm in the sales end of the dealership, so I don't have any other sources other than our parts guys. In regards to the parts end, no one can beat the knowledge of Kevin Casey at Clevenger! He is the Ford Parts Guru!
Old 11/3/06, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just printed the newest updated ordering guide, and NOTHING on the Shelby GT . I guess we won't see any info until Detroit's show (though sooner would definitely be better!)!!!
Old 11/3/06, 12:24 PM

Won't they be hitting dealer lots about the same time as the Detroit show? Production starts in December. Surely we'd have the order guides by then.
Old 11/3/06, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Won't they be hitting dealer lots about the same time as the Detroit show? Production starts in December. Surely we'd have the order guides by then.
One would hope so, but you know how things go with new products. My guess is that there should be another order guide update on December 1st (another hypothetical guess). We shall see in less than 30 days.
Old 11/3/06, 06:52 PM

Believe me I understand. The order banks for the '08 Super Duty Trucks just opened on 11/1 and that's the same day the order guide was released. Still no Price Guide yet and they start pulling orders 11/16.
Old 11/3/06, 11:50 PM
V6 Member

Believe me I understand. The order banks for the '08 Super Duty Trucks just opened on 11/1 and that's the same day the order guide was released. Still no Price Guide yet and they start pulling orders 11/16.
How exactly does that work? Is there a brief description of the option in the order system, so that you kind of guess at what you want just to get in the queue to get your vehicle built? Excuse my ignorance, I am just trying to speculate on what the situation might be when I am trying to order my Shelby GT without the order guide being released before the order banks open. It seems like there is a fair chance of this happenning.

Thanks for any insight you can provide into the order process.
Old 11/4/06, 12:04 AM

Take a look at the order guide for the '05 Mustang. Mayb that'll help.
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...uide120104.pdf
The Shelby GT won't be this detailed though.

The order guide will be released before the order banks open. It's the price guide that you might have to wait for.
Old 11/9/06, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

No I didn't, and thats the thing. Usually when I do a CONCEPTS of a new vehicle, before any pricing comes out, there would be some info on the screen. But this time, not a thing. Guess Ford doesn't have it entered in the computers yet. Hopefully soon though.
The "HOLD - JOB #2 ORDER..." and the blank screen are triggered by any of the Job #2 codes 601, 602, 603, 604 OR 58X.

It is not just 54U, which is not recognized in Canadian Concepts since the decision has not been made to offer it in Canada yet.

Some neat new options BTW!