2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Am I the Only who could care less about the Shelby GT.

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by hi5.0
Somewhat underwhelmed as well. Let them do whatever they want it's their company/name - I'm sure they'll sell all they can build and then release the "real" GT350 later. hopefully.
Read this post by Vermillion06 from another thread:

I think you hit the nail on the head... The original '65 GT350 was basically a Mustang with some basic bolt-on performance parts (which were supposed to have given about a 30 hp increase), some suspension tuning ,and stripes. That's exactly the same formula this new Shelby GT uses.

They are basically offering the GT350 all over again and people are complaining?

I understand it's not for the hands-on gearheads who like to modify their cars themselves, but it is cool that you can get the performance packs preinstalled on a brand new car, don't you think?
Old 8/9/06, 07:52 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then they should've called it the GT350, used the original's colors, and be done with it. The reason I posted my opinion was, I feel this car can't quite live up to the reputation of the original GT350 - would like to believe that Shelby/Ford is hiding an ace up their sleeve, so to speak.
Old 8/9/06, 08:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Then they should've called it the GT350, used the original's colors, and be done with it. The reason I posted my opinion was, I feel this car can't quite live up to the reputation of the original GT350 - would like to believe that Shelby/Ford is hiding an ace up their sleeve, so to speak.
I can certainly see where you're coming from. The GT350 is a Mustang legend and I think the expectations were pretty high for this modern version.
Old 8/9/06, 08:21 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I fail to see need for model name duplication, even though some will argue recognition is the main ingredient. I always thought the name is what the car makes it to be and not the other way around.
Old 8/9/06, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Let's see how well this car does, with equipment and pricing. My bet is in another year ot two we will all see a GT350. Hang in there, I believe we have some great models coming from Shelby. Amyb, the ball is in your court! Best of luck. And thanks for listening to all of us. Semper Fidelis!
Old 8/9/06, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

There's constructive criticism, and there is just plain bashing. I'd say 75% of the posts on this new Shelby GT forum fall into the latter category. For now we have Amy's ear, but soon she is going to realize that all this whining is of zero value to her and the Shelby company and she will quit bothering to come by here. I can't say I'd blame her if she did. Can no one around here phrase their comments as suggestions rather than complaints? Consider this, if you don't like the color than should you say this:

"The color combo sucks. Marketing used unwisely in my opinion."

Or this:

"To appeal to a broader market I think Shelby should consider adding additional color choices such as white with red or blue stripes; and/or red with white stripes".

It is not that difficult to be civil in communicating your ideas. I really wonder what some of you people do for a living, because if you act like this at work I can't imagine you're climbing the corporate ladder very fast.
Old 8/9/06, 10:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
There's constructive criticism, and there is just plain bashing. I'd say 75% of the posts on this new Shelby GT forum fall into the latter category. For now we have Amy's ear, but soon she is going to realize that all this whining is of zero value to her and the Shelby company and she will quit bothering to come by here. I can't say I'd blame her if she did. Can no one around here phrase their comments as suggestions rather than complaints? Consider this, if you don't like the color than should you say this:

"The color combo sucks. Marketing used unwisely in my opinion."

Or this:

"To appeal to a broader market I think Shelby should consider adding additional color choices such as white with red or blue stripes; and/or red with white stripes".

It is not that difficult to be civil in communicating your ideas. I really wonder what some of you people do for a living, because if you act like this at work I can't imagine you're climbing the corporate ladder very fast.
I was just about to post the same thing. Also, Ifyou guys want a high performance shelby, i'd say wait it out, it has been hinted numerous times in these post that there is more on the way, with window scoops as well!
Old 8/9/06, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
... For now we have Amy's ear...
And she has ours.

I am inclined to think she knows what we are about. Notice how the tide has chanced since she has opened up a bit. It's a mutual benefit. Shelby has a good product and we are looking for one, she promotes it, we buy it. One big happy family.

I will be the first one to admit I 've thrown some heavy bait while explaining logical reasoning. Was I harsh? Absolutely. Was I unfair? Absolutely not. Think of it as pledging for a fraternity. The beginnings are rough and unpleasant but once proven then it's one for all and all for one.
Old 8/10/06, 12:02 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the same on here every time a new Mustang variant comes out.

Back in Dec 2003, many folks posted how they hated the preproduction 2005 because it looked nothing like the concept.

Then it was the GT-500, especially when they changed the hood vents (I'm guilty on that one).

Then it was the moaning and groaning over the GT/CS and how it was a terrible SE and a big mistake.

Now it's the Shelby GT's turn.

If you don't like the Shelby GT, then recommend some constructive changes in a positive manner. It's not that hard. Who knows, you could directly contribute to making an improvement on what's currently being considered.

Here's one. Recommend Shelby Automobiles Inc. put on some Carroll Shelby wheels (or make it an option). Specifically, one of these CS66's

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/secondary-page.html

I betcha Shelby Autos could get a good discount on purchasing those wheels

EDIT: Just read in another post where Brad is recommending the same wheels. Like minds...
Old 8/10/06, 12:12 AM
President of Shelby Autos

gentlemen, I agree with most said here, i do ask a favor though, could you kkep all Shelby GT post in one thread, so it will be easier for me to read and answer. I will do my best, I will try my best to stop by often.

You can also email me if you wish. I am a strong supporter of tthe boards with people who know their product and have the passion. I will always do my best to give you as much info as possible. The feedback is welcome, I do as some have stated respond better to " it would be nice if Shelby could..." instead of " this sucks and I am disappointed " lol.....Passion can be dangerous...

whether you like the GT or not, Shelby is back, and I am happy with the baby steps for now

Amy
Old 8/10/06, 12:28 AM
GT Member

The reason why you can't say...."Well the original GT350 used this simple model. Why complain about this Shelby GT" Well here is why.....

First there is FACT...
Fact becomes the Present..
Then the Present becomes the Past......
Past moves on and becomes Legend.....

Point being the original Shelby GT350 started of Fact, and became something totally different.....Legend. So I believe why people aren't happy is this......The Shelby GT may live up to the Fact what the Shelby GT350 was at the time, but certainly doesn't live up to the Legend the GT350 became.
Old 8/10/06, 07:21 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
At least there are now more choices in what type/model of Mustang you want.

I think that's a great thing!
Not everyone will like or want each one, but it's sure much better than the choices that GM F-body fans have right now.
Old 8/10/06, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ArkAngelx3
The reason why you can't say...."Well the original GT350 used this simple model. Why complain about this Shelby GT" Well here is why.....

First there is FACT...
Fact becomes the Present..
Then the Present becomes the Past......
Past moves on and becomes Legend.....

Point being the original Shelby GT350 started of Fact, and became something totally different.....Legend. So I believe why people aren't happy is this......The Shelby GT may live up to the Fact what the Shelby GT350 was at the time, but certainly doesn't live up to the Legend the GT350 became.
By your own admission, that will require the passage of time. Who's to say that the Shelby GT won't become just as legendary as the original 40+ years down the road??

I own a 2003 Mach 1. No Mustang nameplate ever produced by Ford carries as much legendary status as Mach 1, other than possibly the Boss models. Do I think it measures up to the original? Having owned both a 1970 Mach 1 428 Drag Pack car and this one, yes it most certainly does! Will the 2003/04 Mach 1's acheive the legendary status of the originals? Maybe, maybe not, only the passing of time will tell.
Old 8/10/06, 04:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Blip
At least there are now more choices in what type/model of Mustang you want.

I think that's a great thing!
Not everyone will like or want each one, but it's sure much better than the choices that GM F-body fans have right now.
Right On The Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/10/06, 06:51 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It's about time a great mind with excellent taste, sophistication, and supreme judgment
is finally recognized.

Dude, Thomas Jefferson has been dead for 180 years now.

Old 8/11/06, 02:43 PM

I think this car is aimed at the same people who would consider a Saleen 3 Valve or a Roush Stage1/2. People who want a unique somewhat rare car with a full factory warranty. It is going to be cheaper too based on the whispers. Seems like a great product for the right niche.
Old 8/11/06, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Dude, Thomas Jefferson has been dead for 180 years now.

Well... so much for having some competition.

Old 8/11/06, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dotbomb
I think this car is aimed at the same people who would consider a Saleen 3 Valve or a Roush Stage1/2. People who want a unique somewhat rare car with a full factory warranty. It is going to be cheaper too based on the whispers. Seems like a great product for the right niche.
Now that I understand.
Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but it makes sense.
I've never liked the idea of someone being able to say, "Ooh. I have a Roush/Saleen," when it's really only a body kit and wheels.
Old 8/11/06, 07:08 PM
President of Shelby Autos

And she has ours.

Think of it as pledging for a fraternity. The beginnings are rough and unpleasant but once proven then it's one for all and all for one.
thank you sir, my I have another(from the movie animal house) lol

Amy
Old 8/11/06, 07:36 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It beats the pants out of Saleen and Roush for a lot less money and a lot better taste. I am willing to bet it will sound real good as well.
Do we know the price of the Shelby GT?

Shelby stuff is usually just as over priced as Saleen & Roush.

Quick Reply: Am I the Only who could care less about the Shelby GT.