2006 Shelby GT-H and 2007 GT-H Convertible Share Your Shelby Rental Stories & Photos

Anyone on here rent a GT-H to go to Maine?

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/06, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone on here rent a GT-H to go to Maine?

The topic asks it all. I was in BarHarbor this past weekend and friday night my wife and the other couples we were with left a restraunt and what do we see accross the stree??! Yep the GT-H!! All of us guys ran to the **** thing drooling. My uncle who was with me has a 66 GT-350 so it was cool to see his expression. It had Mass plates on it and I wasnt aware you could rent one in Mass. I didnt recall seeing the list of places mentioning that. Of coourse we didnt have a **** camera with us. My 06 Gt was parked across the street so I would have whipped the car over to get some side by sides. Anyway, it was one the highlights of the weekend for me. I hadnt seen on IRL yet and I thought it looked fantastic. So if anyone on here was the person renting it visiting Maine I just wanted to say TY
Old 10/3/06, 06:17 AM
V6 Member

I remember reading somewhere and seeing pics of someone who rented one in MA and drove it to Mid Ohio and ran it on the track there. Hate to see that bill if he didn't get unlimited mileage.

Heck, when I saw one for the first time in town I was prepared to pull himover if he hadn't pulled into one of the malls so I could check it out and talk with him about where he rented it at.

Cam
Old 8/16/07, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

Wow . . . that was me!

Too bad I didn't log into this forum last year! That was probably me - my wife and I drove up from Boston to a friend's wedding and tooled all over the Maine coast for three or four days. I must have been stopped about a dozen times for people taking photos or asking questions. I saw another Mass. rented GT-H coming the other direction (he was going south) one day as well.

I had CSM #044 for that weekend. It ended up being for sale in Texas, but I already bought another GT-H out of Georgia.

Mike (in Portland)