2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

White Convertible in NE Florida

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Convertible in NE Florida

A local dealer tracked one down for me at z-plan pricing. It is due in any day. Needless to say, this dealer has earned all of my future business. Two other dealers in town would not even order one for me at z-plan. This has everything that I wanted except the cloth top and the Sirius radio. I will post pictures once she comes home to Pappa. Here is the detail from the window sticker:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=269 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>2007 MODEL YEAR</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>PERFORMANCE WHITE CLEARCOAT</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>BLACK W/DOVE ACCENT LEATHER</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>VINYL BLACK CONVERTIBLE ROOF</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>460</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>325</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>380</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>COMFORT GROUP</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>575</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.HEATED SEATS</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>1,895</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.235/50/ZR18 TIRE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.FRT FLOOR MATS MUSTANG LOGO</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.CALIFORNIA SPECIAL TAPE STRIP</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEEL</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.SATIN BLACK TAPE STRIPE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.PONY CENTER CAP</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>GT APPEARANCE PACKAGE</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>245</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.ENGINE COVER WITH PONY EMBLEM</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.BRIGHT ROLLED EXHAUST TIPS</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>.HOOD SCOOP</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=left>CONVERTIBLE BOOT COVER</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top align=right>160</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 8/8/06, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are you in JAX?

If so, which dealer was it?

I'm not in the market and have no interest in stealing your ride, but it would be good to know who was receptive to your needs...

I've gotten the impression from Mike Shad @ the Avenues that they could not give 2 turds what I was looking for..but have generally been better received at Mike Davidson Ford at Regency. Never tried Duval ford....

interested in your thoughts for future reference...
Old 8/8/06, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats!! The cloth top looks really nice with the white paint, but you can always add it later. You're lucky, most of us have had to wait 2-3 months to get the car we want
Old 8/8/06, 10:24 PM

It was Mike Shad at the Avenues. I spent 4 hours at Mike Davidson and had even negotiated a trade. They kept trying to talk me into ordering a non-CS GT and customizing it. I finally said that I just wanted to order the CS. They came back and said they would not z-plan it, even though that is what I had initially said I was going to do. When I got home, I called Duval. They would not z-plan my order. I then called Mike Shad, and they said they would do it. I asked the salesman to confirm it with a manager. The manager was right there and said "yes". When I showed up, they had already been working on locating an existing one so that I would not have to wait for an order. Maybe I was lucky, but Sydney (salesman) and George (new car manager) at Mike Shad have been fabulous to me. I have bought my last two vehicles from Mike Davidson, and they tried to pull some minor, slimey stuff both times. Compare the dealership layout of Mike Shad to Mike Davidson. At Mike Davidson, all of the managers are in an "Employee Only" glass office. The salesman goes and talks to them without you. At Mike Shad, the managers are at an open desk in the lobby. You can stand right there and listen to the whole conversation.
Old 8/8/06, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by futuresvt
I'm not in the market and have no interest in stealing your ride, but it would be good to know who was receptive to your needs...
No worry. My deposit was left with them on Saturday. Nobody but me is getting this car.

I sent 'ya an e-mail with some additional details.
Old 8/9/06, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bump
No worry. My deposit was left with them on Saturday. Nobody but me is getting this car.

I sent 'ya an e-mail with some additional details.
Got it. Thanks.

I'm surprised by that. Mike Davidson always seemed friendly, but I have never purchased anything from them or even seriously considered it, so I never got that insight.
Old 8/9/06, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 8/9/06, 08:59 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep me posted bro - I wanna see pics!!

(and if you happen to get it by friday, bring it out on Saturday to the Race Rock meet if you can - that would be a great suprise!)
Old 8/10/06, 12:40 PM

JINXED!

The dealer that was trading with mine now claims the car was sold and has a deposit. I feel sick to my stomache.

My dealer has located an automatic. I haven't seen the sticker, yet. I really don't know what I want to do. I got the news via voicemail, and I haven't even called them back because I feel like barfing right now.
Old 8/12/06, 09:54 PM

Guess what I mangaged to track down? Guess what I went and got today?

I have been looking like this most of today--->>>>

Of course, it has been pouring down rain since about 7:00. More details and photos to come once the sun starts shining.
Attached Thumbnails White Convertible in NE Florida-mustang_2006_08_12-001.jpg   White Convertible in NE Florida-mustang_2006_08_12-005.jpg   White Convertible in NE Florida-mustang_2006_08_12-008.jpg  
Old 8/12/06, 09:59 PM
Cobra Member

From barfing to elation in two days, that's pretty good Congrats!!! Und now zee nanners shall dance...
Old 8/13/06, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wahooo - I'm not alone!!!!!

What other options?

Old 8/13/06, 09:07 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice purchase--it looks great!
Old 8/13/06, 08:02 PM

Hey! That's MY car! haha (I ordered that same combo ~~ still waiting...).

Congratulations!!!!
Old 8/13/06, 08:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice ride.
Be glad you did not have to go through the long agony of waiting like some of us have/are. Enjoy!!!!
Old 8/13/06, 08:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice ride.
Be glad you did not have to go through the long agony of waiting like some of us have/are. Enjoy!!!!
Old 8/14/06, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Wahooo - I'm not alone!!!!!

What other options?

I have now listed all the options in my signature.

I thought that I wanted a cloth top. When I first saw the car, I swore the top was cloth, and they forgot to put it on the invoice. The vinyl really looks nice.

I left the dealership around 3:00 on Saturday. I parked the car about 11:00 last night with just over 300 miles on it.

Today, I chirped the tires for the first time. It occurred on my way back from lunch while shifting into 2nd.
Old 8/14/06, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bump
I have now listed all the options in my signature.

I thought that I wanted a cloth top. When I first saw the car, I swore the top was cloth, and they forgot to put it on the invoice. The vinyl really looks nice.

I left the dealership around 3:00 on Saturday. I parked the car about 11:00 last night with just over 300 miles on it.

Today, I chirped the tires for the first time. It occurred on my way back from lunch while shifting into 2nd.
I have now done the same for my sig. I also had thought cloth top, but did end up with the vinyl and I am good with that.