2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

What performance mods are you planning

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/06, 09:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by touring
do you have a link to the package your getting?i would do this with no problem.do they have a ford tuner to??
I don't have the link but you can go to Fordracing.com. What I am getting is part of the FP1 kit, which is the cold air intake and tuner*, that kit also comes with up graded exhausts and an oil filter (?). I am opting out on that exhaust and going with another set I believe is made by Borla, but don't quote me on that, just info i've picked up on the threads. It is also listed as FRPP.

*As for the 07's and the tuners, What I am getting from my dealer is that Ford has changed the chip and is not giving out the codes, even to themselves , Dealer said it may be a few weeks for that mod but it is in the works. He has been in contact with Ford Racing on this matter. Will keep you informed when I find something out.

Up graded exhaust over stock for more HP, yes depending on type of exhaust and how your car is set up, everything I've read says between 2 and 12 HP. Less back pressure and more flow = more HP. I'am doing it for the sound, but will take the extra HP to boot.
Old 8/27/06, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hp246
Interesting. Dealer said there was a new process for 07. Don't know if its fact or just dealer BS, for the car isn't ready for delivery yet.

I didn't get the exhaust system, cause no one at the dealer could tell me if it increases HP at all. Anyone know, or am I better with aftermarket exhaust?

Any other easy HP increasing tricks for these cars? Am only familiar with the older Ford stuff. FE's, etc.
That is interesting....I wonder if it's just programming changes to the ECU (probably) or something more major? Wonder if KC could shed some light on this or Doug at BamaChips - since he's probably alrerady been asked to put together a tune for an '07
Old 8/27/06, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow please keep this thread going

i wouldnt mind the frpp
Old 8/27/06, 08:39 PM
Cobra R Member

I will be talking with both my dealer and Kevin at Cleveparts in the morning, will post what I find Monday night or Tuesday.
Old 8/29/06, 08:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
I will be talking with both my dealer and Kevin at Cleveparts in the morning, will post what I find Monday night or Tuesday.
Update: well Kevin is not a FRPP dealer and has no info. My dealer also has not found out anything yet.
Old 8/29/06, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took possession of my GT/CT today. The dealer still doesn't have the chip for the tuner. Hopes to have it by Friday. Also waiting on some custom striping I wanted done.

Hotlap, what you describe is very similar to what the dealer tried explaining today.
Old 8/29/06, 11:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrads on the pony