Notices
2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Want to See something NOT SO Funny!

Old 9/5/08, 04:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It will be good as new ..... mine had $11,000 damage last summer and took over a month to rebuild ... there are pictures of it over in the wrecked mustang thread ...
Old 9/9/08, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24 View Post
A month isn't too long to wait for your pride and joy to be put back together

Also, how much will you lose if you sell the car or trade for a new one? that is also something to think about, as well as "is there another mustang I'd have liked to own?"

Personally I'd keep it, but I'm a bit on the sentimental side.

By the way, how are you feeling physically? You mentioned that you had some pain after the crash. Have you gone to any physical thereapy or anything else to help ease it? As important as the car is (this is a mustang forum after all) this is moreso
Yeah I am taking it one day at a time. Physical therapy has been helping relieve some of the shouder pain but the pain i my back is still persistant. Thanks for the concern. I will have weigh the sentimental value. I also like the Shelby convertible in white.
Old 9/9/08, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox View Post
mine was wrecked by a valet, took 7 months to get it back. took it from this... to this...or visa versa... that was $12,000 in damage..
Thanks for your support. I remember yout thread with the Valet wrecking your stang. Was your wheel hit at all? My front wheel was hit and absorbed most of the crash. It was pushed back about 7 or 8 inches from its original position. Your car looks great now. Any problems with driveability? Did you have the engine cradle replaced?

Last edited by theredliner; 9/9/08 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 9/9/08, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck in your and your car's recovery
Old 9/10/08, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Thanks for your support. I remember yout thread with the Valet wrecking your stang. Was your wheel hit at all? My front wheel was hit and absorbed most of the crash. It was pushed back about 7 or 8 inches from its original position. Your car looks great now. Any problems with driveability? Did you have the engine cradle replaced?
It did not get back to the wheels, the engine cradle was fine, it was the bumper susport that was damaged and welded, body shop did a good job, can not even see it from the top. On a lift and looking, I can find it. Have had no dirveability problems, just the gut feeling on not being a " new Car " . Some of the excitement is gone but I still love it.
Old 9/12/08, 03:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah I am taking it one day at a time. Physical therapy has been helping relieve some of the shouder pain but the pain i my back is still persistant. Thanks for the concern. I will have weigh the sentimental value. I also like the Shelby convertible in white.
glad its helping, but get well soon!

thats more important than whatever you do with the car
Old 9/12/08, 05:44 AM
Post *****

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox View Post
mine was wrecked by a valet, took 7 months to get it back. took it from this... to this...or visa versa... that was $12,000 in damage..
whats under the car cover?
Old 9/12/08, 05:48 AM
Post *****

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
did you guys get anything for the depreciation or just enough to fix the car?
Old 9/15/08, 09:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Well mine was not quite totaled so they wrote me a check to cover the entire bill $8,100. I did not expect anthing for the depreciation.
Old 9/15/08, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Atty is still working on it.
Old 9/18/08, 07:22 PM
FR500 Member

whats under the car cover?
Looks like a 69 or 70 Torino to me.
Old 9/28/08, 05:27 PM
V6 Member

Almost Done

All,

Thanks for your support. The car is almost ready. I thought I would have it home in time for the premeire of KNIGHT RIDER but no such luck. It will be ready on the 30th and the insurance adjuster has said it looks beautiful. I have not seen it since the accident and I haven't pestered the body shop so I have high hopes.

With the fall coming I think I will wait on the trade. Besides with the depreciation I will take a beating on the trade. After $8,263.00 in damage ( almost a 1/3 of its value) the car is almost there. Once again thanks for the supporting threads!
Old 9/29/08, 07:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
seriously-
have the car appraised and find out 'diminished value', especially if you ever plan on trading it in- carfax willshow the damage and it will decrease your trade in value- the other guys insurance knows that and I dont think they cant really argue if you ask for the difference- its only right.
Old 10/5/08, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

A couple of before and after Pictures

All,

Thanks for your support. The car is almost ready. I thought I would have it home in time for the premeire of KNIGHT RIDER but no such luck. It will be ready on the 30th and the insurance adjuster has said it looks beautiful. I have not seen it since the accident and I haven't pestered the body shop so I have high hopes.

With the fall coming I think I will wait on the trade. Besides with the depreciation I will take a beating on the trade. After $8,263.00 in damage ( almost a 1/3 of its value) the car is almost there. Once again thanks for the supporting threads!
Well, I got my wings back. I got the car back Friday but had to take it right back because of a problem with the brake pedal sticking after I shut the car off and also some overspay on the driver window and some paint missing from the underside of the hood. The body shop did well on the work but they needed to detail it better. It drives like before . I had it up to 130 last night and no rattles. The only thing is it does not feel the same as when I had it before the accident. I think I will take it up to about 12000 miles and then trade it. I only drive it about 150 miles a week so that should get me in a 2010. Thanks for everyone who posted here and thanks for your support. Now I can look back on this and laugh.
Attached Images   
Old 10/6/08, 12:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
glad to see its back

Are you doing alright with your injuries?
Old 10/13/08, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Two suggestions. One, even if you do not desire to sue the sob that hit you, you should consult an Attorney. Depending upon your state, you may be able to require the insurance company to compensate you for additional depreciation to your vehicle. Make sure that your body shop concurs before you try this -- as some body shops will say "when we're finished the car will be better than new" -- which is absolute rubbish -- but gives the carrier a leg to stand on. Get your friendly ford dealer to give you a pre and post accident appraisal reflecting the excess depreciation. Then, if your state allows, make a claim for it. You also may want to review your personal policy to determine if you have a "new car replacement" benefit which may assist you with your negative equity. Another thing to do is make sure that you point out to the insurer that you have received medical care and have continued pain and suffering. They may offer you some personal injury settlement without your filing suit. Remember that you health carrier will have a subrogation interest for medical expenses.

Check with a lawyer or your local bar association for information on these issues in your state.
Old 10/15/08, 05:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ouch Ouch & Ouch I still have to thank Doug as when my son and I were traveling a Valet wanted to park my car but I had a pic of his in my phone & said see what happens when Valets park cars no thank-you.