2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Want to See something NOT SO Funny!

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/08, 09:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Want to See something NOT SO Funny!

Well,

It finally happened. The Redliner has his wings clipped. Due to a drunkard who hit me going about 50 miles an hour head on! I warn you the pitures below are not for the faint of heart or true blue PONY Fans! Doesn't look that bad you say, well how about $7,000.00 in damages not including my freakin' $1000.00 deductible. Oh yeah, almost totaled but not quite. The front axle has been pushed back past the driver side quarter panel into the drivers side door. The front whel is cracked and the car will not run because the battery and radiator and engine "cradle" have been compromised. The drivers door is ajar and it just looks sad.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? you ask. Just sitting a light admiring the blue mustang V-6 that just passed by me when a 1995 Cadillac Deville runs the light crosses the double yellow and swerves into me head on and crashes into my drivers side andthen proceeds to use my GT/CS as a ramp and flips himself on his roof totaling his car and making my "horsey car"( as my kids call it) a lame unwanted piece of manure. Surprisingly the airbags did not deploy..HMMMMM????

Sorry for my rant. This is not funny. Did I tell you when I laugh it hurts my back shoulders and sided. Physical therapy will probally be the only thing that helps me get my strength back. That and the fact the S.O.B who hit me got ticketed and arrested are the only thing keeping me sane.

Well enough for now. I will keep all of those interested posted. That 2009 Shelby Convertible sure looks might fine NOW!
Attached Images     
Old 8/28/08, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad you weren't too seriously hurt. A car is a car but it really sucks when you break your body. Glad they caught the guy but he probably won't have too much happen to him unless he's a repeat offender. Good luck with everything~
Old 8/28/08, 09:21 PM
V6 Member

Want to see Something not so funny, Again

Before
Attached Thumbnails Want to See something NOT SO Funny!-07stangpost1.jpg  
Old 8/28/08, 09:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Glad you weren't too seriously hurt. A car is a car but it really sucks when you break your body. Glad they caught the guy but he probably won't have too much happen to him unless he's a repeat offender. Good luck with everything~
Thanks for your kind words. The funny thing is I am still in pain and he walked away and never asked how I was and then he never reported the accident for 4 days.

Last edited by theredliner; 8/28/08 at 09:31 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 8/28/08, 10:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I hope you start to feeling better. I've been in several accidents,losing time from daily activities and having to find money for shop costs isn't easy. Good luck,get well and keep your chin up.
Old 8/29/08, 12:32 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That is absolutely atrocious...

Whats worse is how hurt you are. The car is alot easier to fix than the driver. Best of luck in the recovery :-\
Old 8/29/08, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
its not your fault but you have to pay a deductable?? Not right. Hope you get it squared away quickly
Old 8/29/08, 06:13 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks. I know what it is like to see your car get damaged while you are just sitting there. Knock on wood that the 2 times I had to send mine off to the body shop were the last, but I guess bad luck comes in 3's so it isn't over for me yet.
Old 8/29/08, 06:48 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
its not your fault but you have to pay a deductable?? Not right. Hope you get it squared away quickly
+1, your deductible should only matter when the accident is your fault. you will have to pay the deductible for each and every situation in which you require YOUR insurance company to cover damages. in this case, your insurance company does not have to cover damages so you shouldn't need to pay a deductible. hope that helps ease your mind a little. truly sorry to hear about the accident and hope you feel better soon!
Old 8/29/08, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy cow you are lucky you did not get killed. I am not a lawsuit happy person, but ya know what? I'd sue that SOB for every penny they're worth AND future earnings. GRRRR!!!!! GET A LAWYER!!

Glad you are still with us and I hope you recover without any problems.
Old 8/29/08, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ouch, sorry!
This sounds like an uninsured (loser) motorist hit you. It looks bad but this Cali Special needs to be saved even if you trade it after.
Old 8/29/08, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry about the car; glad you were not seriously injured...
Old 8/29/08, 01:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
holy cow you are lucky you did not get killed. I am not a lawsuit happy person, but ya know what? I'd sue that SOB for every penny they're worth AND future earnings. GRRRR!!!!! GET A LAWYER!!

Glad you are still with us and I hope you recover without any problems.
Even if he had no insurance, you can still sue the pants off him.
If all you get is a pair of pants, you can give them to the lawyer.
If he has money or insurance don't forget the pain and suffering.
Old 8/29/08, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Sorry, very glad to hear you're not seriously hurt (I hope).
Old 8/29/08, 10:41 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the Support

All,

Mustang Fans:Thanks for all the support and well wishing. The check for the deductible arrived today, only 5 days after the collision. The other guy had insurance and finally called in to report the accident. Now the hard part is recovering physically and emotionally. That GT/CS meant alot to me. It was kind of like a validation of success and how I turned my life around and got my finances in order. I will save the car but I do not think I will hang onto as long as I would like. One month is the estimated repair time and all of the parts have arrived with the exception of the left fender. By that time I plan to make a decision on the Shelby 500 Coupe all white with black stripes or another GT/CS but his time a convertible in Vapor with a black cloth top with all the options including dvd navigation. One good thing came of this:I have become a more patient person. The lady at the body shop said," sorry Mr. Martin we will have to keep your car for about a month" I didn't even pause...I just said do it and I'll deal with as I turned away and say my 2007 GT/CS siting their broken and mangled. Had this happened 10 years ago I would have offered to help the shop re-aasemnle and wet sand jst so I could get her running again..well I guess I am getting old.
Old 8/29/08, 11:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Just a thought:
go to his insurance and persuade them, "threaten a lawsuit", to buy you out on your car then go get your new one. Even with your car fixed it will have considerable more depreciation than if the accident hadn`t happen.
Best of everything on your road ahead
Old 8/30/08, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

I'd get a lawyer and sue the bastard for your injuries and a new mustang.
Old 9/2/08, 10:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by theredliner
Well,

It finally happened. The Redliner has his wings clipped. Due to a drunkard who hit me going about 50 miles an hour head on! I warn you the pitures below are not for the faint of heart or true blue PONY Fans! Doesn't look that bad you say, well how about $7,000.00 in damages not including my freakin' $1000.00 deductible. Oh yeah, almost totaled but not quite. The front axle has been pushed back past the driver side quarter panel into the drivers side door. The front whel is cracked and the car will not run because the battery and radiator and engine "cradle" have been compromised. The drivers door is ajar and it just looks sad.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? you ask. Just sitting a light admiring the blue mustang V-6 that just passed by me when a 1995 Cadillac Deville runs the light crosses the double yellow and swerves into me head on and crashes into my drivers side andthen proceeds to use my GT/CS as a ramp and flips himself on his roof totaling his car and making my "horsey car"( as my kids call it) a lame unwanted piece of manure. Surprisingly the airbags did not deploy..HMMMMM????

Sorry for my rant. This is not funny. Did I tell you when I laugh it hurts my back shoulders and sided. Physical therapy will probally be the only thing that helps me get my strength back. That and the fact the S.O.B who hit me got ticketed and arrested are the only thing keeping me sane.

Well enough for now. I will keep all of those interested posted. That 2009 Shelby Convertible sure looks might fine NOW!

Well damages now are up to $8,100. I am going to need the new engine cradle, a complete left door and 5 lug nuts. What a drag? At least the other guys insurance has gotten me a rental for the duration. Everyone and their mother is telling me not to keep my near mint 2007 GT/CS. I have heard advice from sell it quick to do not even drive it off the dealers lot. I want to trade but negative equity becomes a factor. I want to keep it but from past experience, I might spend more time in the body shop then on the road. With that must critical damage, I am just not sure what to do. Any input would be appreciated...
Attached Images      
Old 9/3/08, 10:28 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A month isn't too long to wait for your pride and joy to be put back together

Also, how much will you lose if you sell the car or trade for a new one? that is also something to think about, as well as "is there another mustang I'd have liked to own?"

Personally I'd keep it, but I'm a bit on the sentimental side.

By the way, how are you feeling physically? You mentioned that you had some pain after the crash. Have you gone to any physical thereapy or anything else to help ease it? As important as the car is (this is a mustang forum after all) this is moreso
Old 9/4/08, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mine was wrecked by a valet, took 7 months to get it back. took it from this... to this...or visa versa... that was $12,000 in damage..
Attached Thumbnails Want to See something NOT SO Funny!-welts-021.jpg   Want to See something NOT SO Funny!-mom-dad-006.jpg  

Quick Reply: Want to See something NOT SO Funny!