2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/07, 04:42 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope it's totaled; there is no excuse for that.
Old 2/28/07, 04:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats terrible. I can't even imagine your shock as it was happening. Keep us posted on how things go.
Old 2/28/07, 04:57 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fast351
Very sorry to hear, I will NEVER let a Valet near my car............ever!!
+1

Sorry to hear this man. I'm sure it will all end up resolved to your satisfaction in the end, though.
Old 2/28/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey that could go in a Greeting card ?

Sorry to hear this man. I'm sure it will all end up resolved to your satisfaction in the end, though.

And so it should be replaced at least adjuster write it off, to help keep people working & customers happy !<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 2/28/07, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am going to post a photo of it in my liquor store with the caption " now offering valet service"

When it happened I just stood there in shock, I remember saying something like " my car" . It seamed like something out of a movie. I was dazed for quite a while. Did not really set in until I went to the body shop and took the photos.
Had no urge to pummel the guy, but did have my " toy " with me, thanks for an earlier offer.
Just waiting on their adjuster to call with his offer, mine- I WANT A NEW CAR, END OF DISCUSSION!.
The adjuster for my Ins. co. is a Mustang fan, says she will work for a new one for me too. I think Ford is taking orders for the 08's sometime in mid April, I hope to be sitting at my dealer when they open that day.
Use valet again.....NO WAY.
Old 2/28/07, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

I am so F - ing mad and it is not my car! Some dumb a$$ who has probably never driven anything more powerful then a Civic. Go after them in court if you have too, make them buy you a new car. The problem is your car will never have the resale value it should and will never be the same. I am so sorry.
Old 3/1/07, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I really feel for you. A year ago (march 4th) I wrecked my car (some idiot ran a red light in front of me) and I wasn't upset too much that day, but the more we looked at the damage, and the insurance agent started hinting at it being totaled, the sicker I got. Got my settlement by the end of March, and put in an order for the '07 right away, but didn't get my car until mid July anyway. Hopefully things will go a little quicker and smoother for you. Make sure you tell the insurance about the aftermarket parts, and if they won't cover them, make sure you get them off of the car (unless they're damaged). I got everything I could off, except for the homelink/temp/compass/autodim mirror, and now I wish I had gotten that off too.

Good luck.
Old 3/1/07, 04:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry Doug

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Was at a club in town tonight, used the valet because it is not in a better part of town. Went to get the car... watched the valet get into it a half block away... gunned it... right into the back of an SUV and pushed that into a cab. This all happened a few feet infront of me. Driver clames the brakes failed, said he heard a pop just before he hit the SUV. I say BS.

Took out the front end, bumper, grill, hood, and poss both fenders. Poped the drivers side airbag, and tranney fluid was all over the street. Its being towed to the dealer this evening. Will have a better look at it in the day time and assess the damage then. will post photos.
WOW, I hope the club has good insurance, lawsuit time!
good luck
with your new one
Old 3/1/07, 10:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Geeze... looks like I need to send a new windshield banner out to you...for your 08.

I can't believe he had the nerve to say the brakes failed - more like his stupid tennis shoes were stuck in the pedals, especially with an auto. Anyway, keep us in the loop, we'll take care of you on whatever you can't pull off before it gets totaled out, as I know you had a bunch of our products on there.

On the bright side, it's like the 6 million dollar man - this time it will be built better than before even. BTW - pull the tune out before it gets totaled, otherwise the handheld will be useless, even from a resale POV. Just tell the body shop you want to sit in it for a few minutes one last time, or something to that effect....

That, and anything else not bolted down that you can get out in a short period of time
Old 3/2/07, 06:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

How old was the punk? Hope, at least, you had a nice talk with the employer.
Old 3/2/07, 08:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Geeze... looks like I need to send a new windshield banner out to you...for your 08.

I can't believe he had the nerve to say the brakes failed - more like his stupid tennis shoes were stuck in the pedals, especially with an auto. Anyway, keep us in the loop, we'll take care of you on whatever you can't pull off before it gets totaled out, as I know you had a bunch of our products on there.

On the bright side, it's like the 6 million dollar man - this time it will be built better than before even. BTW - pull the tune out before it gets totaled, otherwise the handheld will be useless, even from a resale POV. Just tell the body shop you want to sit in it for a few minutes one last time, or something to that effect....

That, and anything else not bolted down that you can get out in a short period of time
I just put that banner on about a week ago , as for the tune, I just pulled out with the last snow, had a bit too much power on the white stuff so put it back to factory and did not have a chance to put it back in. Even thought about putting it in that night but thought I would take the benefit of the better gas mileage for 45 mile one way trip. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had Doug's 93 race tune in it when this happened.

As for the bolt ons, yes I was planning on striping what I can. I know the MAG radiator cover is trashed and the hood pins look like pretzels. Any of the other mods I can't get off I will just add the replacement cost to what the ins. co. gives me. .

BTW, the valet service in under contract for a bunch of clubs in the area. The club really is not in the picture except that it happened in front of their place.

I think I am in for a long fight, ( gee I was wondering where I could use all these graphics)

thanks for all the susport here
Old 3/2/07, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Advice: Get a lawyer.

Offer: My Mustang for what is left on the loan.
Old 3/2/07, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Just waiting on their adjuster to call with his offer, mine- I WANT A NEW CAR, END OF DISCUSSION!.
Don't be confrontational with an adjuster, you will NEVER win that argument. Trust me on that one. Be respectful but firm.

If you say to the adjuster what I quoted above, the adjuster may respond with a comment like "your car isn't totalled, NOW the discussion is over" and send you a repair settlement. Getting a new car is *NOT* your choice, it's the insurance company's! If they have the Mitchell Manual numbers to back up a repair vs. total, you are screwed!

Find out the ACV (Actual Cash Value) of your car ASAP, you can use that in your "repair vs. total" negotiations.

Also, many times aftermarket parts aren't covered.

I'd get a lawyer if I were you - there may be a battle over negligence on the valet's part, since he is claiming it was your car that was the cause of the accident. Having mods on the car makes his argument APPEAR more plausible (even though we know it's BS) than a bone-stock car.

Hopefully you got some witness phone numbers?
Old 3/2/07, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

After letting some steam off, reading some of the threads here and talking with a few people on the issue I have brushed up on some of my negotiating skills.
I have already talked with an atty. we have a plan laid out. Just waiting their reply at the moment.
Strange thing is, accident was Monday night, as of Friday the adjuster has not even contacted the dealer to see the car....This has me wondering.
Old 3/3/07, 04:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

After letting some steam off, reading some of the threads here and talking with a few people on the issue I have brushed up on some of my negotiating skills.
I have already talked with an atty. we have a plan laid out. Just waiting their reply at the moment.
Strange thing is, accident was Monday night, as of Friday the adjuster has not even contacted the dealer to see the car....This has me wondering.
I'll go off on a tangent here: This is one of the things that pi$$e$ me off about our country...The one with the biggest gun always gets the meat and the one with the small gun gets the bone. Something so obvious, like a business trashing your car, has to go through so much red tape to make it right...and I hope it turns out right. It seems to me that people no longer take responsibility for their actions and they always point the finger at someone else. The kid that trashed your car blames it on the car. The lady that burned her legs with the Mickey Ds hot coffee never took blame for her own stupidity. It seems to me that this country is becoming a nest for imbeciles and the hard working, playing by the rules, people get boned.
Old 3/3/07, 07:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Preach on brutha!!
-begin rant
Honestly though, you're right. It makes me so mad sometimes because it seems the lazier you are, the more you get handed. I deal with druggies, ex druggies, and general dirtbags all the time. Most of them don't have a job, and haven't had one for a LONG time, yet they still get that check in the mail every month.
I think it should be a law that if you are "disabled" due to drugs, you don't qualify for any government benefits. Also, LAZY AND STUPID ARE NOT DISABILITIES!!!
- end rant.
Old 3/3/07, 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Adjusters are overworked. "Third Party" stuff tends to go on the back burner, so the opposing company's adjuster will take their sweet a** time in contacting you.

I'd take the bull by the horns and call the opposing company, find out who the adjuster is, and get an appointment time out of them. Time is money.

If you have an attorney let the attorney do the negotiating, that is what they are paid for. However, keep in mind that you are just a "job" to them, they don't feel passionately about the 'Stang like you do, so keep him/her on a tight leash.

In looking at your pix I don't see a total IMHO. However, depending on your state law you might get dimunition of value plus repairs. It all depends...

I hope your attorney is sharp! Good luck!!!
Old 3/5/07, 06:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
Preach on brutha!!
-begin rant
Honestly though, you're right. It makes me so mad sometimes because it seems the lazier you are, the more you get handed. I deal with druggies, ex druggies, and general dirtbags all the time. Most of them don't have a job, and haven't had one for a LONG time, yet they still get that check in the mail every month.
I think it should be a law that if you are "disabled" due to drugs, you don't qualify for any government benefits. Also, LAZY AND STUPID ARE NOT DISABILITIES!!!
- end rant.
IMHO, it should be mandatory for the LAZY and STUPID that end up getting into trouble with the law to do time in a military camp instead of those institutions where they learn to be more LAZY and STUPID. Hey, if it was up to me, I would make every kid that drops out of highschool serve 4 years in the military. As a matter of fact, even if they finish highschool I will give them two options: either go to college, get a full time job, or join the military. I bet that will clean up a lot of lazyness
Old 3/5/07, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

I agree 100%!!!
Old 3/5/07, 07:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
If you have an attorney let the attorney do the negotiating, that is what they are paid for. However, keep in mind that you are just a "job" to them, they don't feel passionately about the 'Stang like you do, so keep him/her on a tight leash.

In looking at your pix I don't see a total IMHO. However, depending on your state law you might get dimunition of value plus repairs. It all depends...

I hope your attorney is sharp! Good luck!!!
I have known my Attorney for about 6 years, he does all my corporate stuff and we are involved in a number of things together outside work. He is not charging my yet until he gets involved, so far it is friendly advice.

At the moment just waiting to see what pans out. My Ins. co. is making some calls and tracking down the other adjuster and they are sending their own out too.

Quick Reply: Valet trashes my GT/CS tonight