2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Recommended Tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/09, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by frank s
Here are the size casting marks on two of the GT/CS polished aluminum wheels. One of the other marks includes the letters "CHROM", but all the wheels have "POL" in some place on one of the spokes.

Those GT500 takeoff wheels and tires are really nice. they move the wheel face at least half an inch toward the outside of the fender. Looking nice and fat from the back, too.
That is them . Thanks for clearing that up for me. I bought mine from a gal who bought a 2009 GT and didn't like those wheels. I never saw her GT and she didn't say it as a CS. She put them on Craigslist as Chrome. I was suspicious but didn't have any reference as when I looked at them I couldn't match any numbers. It was still a good deal even though they are polished Al (not Au which is gold)

I was at the Galpin Mustang and Muscle car show yesterday. (I need a supercharger ) Saw some killer stangs there. Very nice. Took a walk through their exotic car show room as well.

As others predicted, on the ride to Galpin (about 100 miles) my TPMS Failure alert lit up. So on the way home from the event, I went over to the parts counter to buy the tool. Parts man told me they don't sell any tools. "ANY" tools? Nope. No tools here.
So I walk next door to the service check in place and talked to a man if they had time to set them for me. He said, sure just bring the car over and I will do it for you now.

I did and it took him about 2 minutes as he had the tool they don't sell. The good news is he didn't charge me for the service. Bad news is I still don't have a tool for next time. The tool he had was shaped like a bar. About 3/4 thick, 1 1/2 wide, and about 8 inches long.
Old 9/27/09, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I reccomend 35psi and get one of these

and check them once a month and adjust from there.
Thats a nice tool. Electronic depth micrometer. I have some mechanical dial calipers with a depth guage on the end. And a set of mechanical depth micrometer from 0 to 1 inch. I use the end of the calipers.
Old 9/28/09, 09:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusp
Thats a nice tool. Electronic depth micrometer. I have some mechanical dial calipers with a depth guage on the end. And a set of mechanical depth micrometer from 0 to 1 inch. I use the end of the calipers.
I was wondering what that was...
Old 9/28/09, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WaltM
I was wondering what that was...
Tire flavor injector?