2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Off to work we go.....

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/07, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off to work we go.....

Wash, Wax, Repeat. Thats pretty much what my lifes become since i bought my black beast. But oh well, its worth it. Took some pics when i was done today and these two really came out good. Thought you might enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails Off to work we go.....-slant.jpg   Off to work we go.....-front.jpg  
Old 4/21/07, 07:35 PM
HNT

What wax are you using?
Old 4/22/07, 12:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Beautiful!!
Old 4/22/07, 09:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by HNT
What wax are you using?
Its called Zymol. Its works real well, and its liquid so it doesnt leave all the "dust" that dry waxs do. Only thing is you better have a good rag to wipe it off with cuase the stuff like to stay on the car and leave this wierd yellowish looking haze.
Old 4/22/07, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RomaTX
Its called Zymol. Its works real well, and its liquid so it doesnt leave all the "dust" that dry waxs do. Only thing is you better have a good rag to wipe it off with cuase the stuff like to stay on the car and leave this wierd yellowish looking haze.

Is that the cleaner wax that's blue or in a blue bottle? I saw some at Wal-Mart last night and I almost bought some.

-Deric
Old 4/22/07, 10:16 AM
HNT

That a good question. I've been using Zymol cleaner wax, which is the light blue stuff you can get at WalMart. It smells like coconuts and is fantastic for light - medium swirl marks. Suppoesdly it's all natural. It does dust though. Is there a different Zymol product you are using?
Old 4/22/07, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Wash, Wax, Repeat. Thats pretty much what my lifes become since i bought my black beast. But oh well, its worth it. Took some pics when i was done today and these two really came out good. Thought you might enjoy them.

Roma - looking good!! I still think there is nothing as nice looking as a freshly waxed black stang (well in Mustangs anyway ) and really liked my '05 black on black GT....but the effort to keep it clean eventually drove me to getting a VB GT/CS vert.....the blue looks pretty good waxed and just doesn't show nearly the amount of dust/dirt, etc.
Old 4/22/07, 06:42 PM
V6 Member

Deric/Topher,
That sounds like the same stuff I'm using. Its great for getting rid of all the water spots after I wash the car but like I say, you gotta rub, and rub, and rub...

HotLap,
Yeah this washing once a week, every week thing is already getting on my nevers. BUT **** IF IT DONT LOOK GOOD WHEN I'M DONE!!! And really, if I had another color, I think I would still be washing and waxing every week, just cuase I wanted to, not cause I had to. My last mustang was a laser red '98 V6. The dirt didnt show as bad when it was dirty, but when I washed it, you could see a huge difference. But if I were to do it all over again, I think I would still have gotten the black. Just as a 'vert! :P
Old 4/23/07, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Deric/Topher,
That sounds like the same stuff I'm using. Its great for getting rid of all the water spots after I wash the car but like I say, you gotta rub, and rub, and rub...

HotLap,
Yeah this washing once a week, every week thing is already getting on my nevers. BUT **** IF IT DONT LOOK GOOD WHEN I'M DONE!!! And really, if I had another color, I think I would still be washing and waxing every week, just cuase I wanted to, not cause I had to. My last mustang was a laser red '98 V6. The dirt didnt show as bad when it was dirty, but when I washed it, you could see a huge difference. But if I were to do it all over again, I think I would still have gotten the black. Just as a 'vert! :P
Roma - my original order was the black GT/CS vert with black cloth top and parchament interior......I switched to VB after I ordered it and I agree the Black GT/CS verts look sweeeeet.....as a matter of fact, a local Ford dealer had a black on black GT500 vert last weekend - unclaimed for sale......I was VERY tempted - but not at $80K