2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

No more GT/CS?

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/07, 10:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
This is what was presented in a MY07 PowerPoint early last year that found its way onto the Internet regarding the GT/CS -
Thanks, Tony! I sat in on the original satellite conference with Ford when they announced GT/CS to dealers. I took a lot of notes, and my notes from that conference said 2007 only, but it appears I may have been wrong.
Old 11/21/07, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Welcome Brian and Jeff to the boards. Brian - I have seen a lot of your posts On Blue Oval. I know you participated in calls with Ford on the GT500 rollout.

I also recall your announcement when you bought the S197 (looking good too).

Mwilson7 - Unless you have credentials that you're not showing, I doubt you will find a better in the know resource on these boards about Ford info then Brian. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Greg!

While I don't claim to know everything that happens within Ford's inner sanctum, I try diligently not to post bad info. And when I speculate, I clearly say that I'm speculating so that it is not confused for fact.

I sure like a white GT/CS like yours, so that the stripes & diffuser really stand out!
Old 11/21/07, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Brian, good info. Though from what Igor on BON has said, the new Boss engines won't be available at launch for the F150's. 6 months after release, with the diesel a year after release.
Hi, Jeff, I guess that really rules out a 2009 model Mustang with a Boss engine, then, as F-150 should get the new engines first. I don't know about you, but I've already got a ton of customers itchin' to get a diesel powered F-150. I think it's slowing down sales on the '08's and that'll only get worse as we get closer to Job 1 for diesels and the public becomes even more aware.
Old 11/21/07, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by mwilson7
Not sure where you got this information from but it's completely false.
Hi, there, mwilson7, we haven't met yet. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Brian. I have ordered all of our dealership's Mustangs for several years. Our dealership is a very large volume dealership (top 10 out of 150+ dealers in our region). I am a Mustang fanatic who has owned 6 of them, including my 2007 GT. I live and breathe Mustangs, and try to stay on top of everything coming out of Ford in regards to Mustangs.

If I didn't get my GT/CS and Bullitt timelines 100% correct, then I apologize. But to say that this info is "completely false" isn't necessarily true as I base the info I post on what Ford has communicated to dealers over the past few years.

Ford isn't well known for providing timely info to dealers, and they often change their plans, so what is thought to be fact-from-Ford at one point in time occassionally turns out not to be.
Old 11/23/07, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian,

Welcome to this fine website... I too am in the Pacific Northwest just east of Tacoma. I bought my Vista Blue 2008 Mustang GT/CS from Courtesy Ford over in Paulsbo... I bought the car in September and only have a little over 500 miles on her? I really baby this Mustang! We took her for a trip up to Anacortes for Thanksgiving yesterday. What a gorgeous drive. Anyhow, nice to have a "Ford" guy in our area. Thanks for all your insight...
Old 11/23/07, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Brian,

Welcome to this fine website... I too am in the Pacific Northwest just east of Tacoma. I bought my Vista Blue 2008 Mustang GT/CS from Courtesy Ford over in Paulsbo... I bought the car in September and only have a little over 500 miles on her? I really baby this Mustang! We took her for a trip up to Anacortes for Thanksgiving yesterday. What a gorgeous drive. Anyhow, nice to have a "Ford" guy in our area. Thanks for all your insight...
Hey, Marty, since your east of Tacoma, you'll want to visit the Krispy Kreme on the south hill of Puyallup any Friday night at 7pm. Great turnout of all years of Mustangs. When the weather is good, expect 30-40 Mustangs in attendence. Inclement weather cuts that number down, but there are plenty of die-hards who show up every Friday rain or shine. No club to join, no dues to pay, just get some coffee or a doughnut and hang out with fellow Mustang enthusiasts.

It's always nice to take a scenic road trip in a nice car. Anacortes (via 101?) is always nice! First road trip I took my 07 GT on was to Federation Forest (near Mount Rainier).

I almost bought a Vista Blue GT/CS for myself last year instead of the Alloy Gray GT. I've owned 4 blue Mustangs, so I'm a sucker for most shades of blue. We have a Vista Blue GT/CS Coupe here right now for sale that I see daily. So tempting, but I've already starting modding my 07. What's a guy to do!