2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

New pics of my GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/08 | 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

New pics of my GT/CS

Thought I'd share some updated pics of my car. I painted the windshield washer nozzles myself, Sirius satt. antenna and side mirrors. I removed front part of GT/CS decal near headlights. I've also added California Special decals front and rear and aluminum 1/4 window covers.

Make sure to click on the yellow bar above each pic to get a clearer image.

Old 9/2/08 | 06:27 PM
GT Member

That's a great ;ool, smooth and blended. The only meh is the aluminum quarters; have to see that in person.
Old 9/3/08 | 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Lookin Goot Mon!!

Looks better ever time you do an upgrade Bro! Love the "California Special" deck lid decal and the painted nozzles/Sirius antenna cover!! Would really like that decal on our very own CalStang! You told us where to get that once before here. But Ol' Lunk here has lost that link. Could you be kind enough to resend that data out to us Stang crazies? Plus just how did you prep and paint the parts white? Thanks.. CalStang
Old 9/3/08 | 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Looks better ever time you do an upgrade Bro! Love the "California Special" deck lid decal and the painted nozzles/Sirius antenna cover!! Would really like that decal on our very own CalStang! You told us where to get that once before here. But Ol' Lunk here has lost that link. Could you be kind enough to resend that data out to us Stang crazies? Plus just how did you prep and paint the parts white? Thanks.. CalStang
Thanks! I had the decklid decal made at Signnetwork.com. The one in the pic is not the original that I posted awhile back. The original was a bit smaller and had a black shadow around it. I decided to go slightly bigger and without the shadow this time. I have a spare "California Special" decal, just like in the picture, if you want it...No cost. They sent me two sets by mistake.

As for the nozzles and Sirius antenna...I wiped the area being painted with alcohol and used a tack cloth to remove dust particles and then sprayed them with adhesion promoter. After 10 minutes, I sprayed two coats of color, waiting 10 minutes between each coat, and then sprayed two coats of clear about an hour later with a 10 minute wait between each clear coat. I stuck a toothpick in the nozzle's outlet to prevent the paint from clogging it. With the Sirius antenna, I had to mask off the rubber base since I didn't want to paint that. I could've removed the rubber base instead but I didn't have a small enough torx bit to remove the 4(?) torx screws.

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 9/3/08 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10/5/08 | 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I just finished installing a silver rear deck delete from Baltimorestreetmods. I used to have a black magnetic panel but that turned out to be junk so I removed it and decided to try a vinyl decal instead. The fit of the decal is great but it took me 1 1/2 hrs to apply it. There's still some small bubbles but overall it looks decent. I've already poked some of the bubbles with a needle and will let the others flatten out in the sun. Anyway, here's the pic...

Old 10/6/08 | 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool More Good Stuff!!

Just got back from a one week road trip to Ozarks and Mr. CalSpec has added yet another very cool mod to his totally sharp looking GT/CS ride!
He was nice enough to hook me up with a copy of that great looking rear deck lid "California Special" decal! Installed same just before leaving on our mountain road trip adventure. Thanks so very much Bro!! Raining here now. But promise to get a photo on here of this wonderful looking upgrade!! Thanks again Sir!! Your ride is still "Lookin' Goot"!! CalStang

Last edited by CalStang'07; 10/6/08 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10/6/08 | 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Just got back from a one week road trip to Ozarks and Mr. CalSpec has added yet another very cool mod to his totally sharp looking GT/CS ride!
He was nice enough to hook me up with a copy of that great looking rear deck lid "California Special" decal! Installed same just before leaving on our mountain road trip adventure. Thanks so very much Bro!! Raining here now. But promise to get a photo on here of this wondeful looking upgrade!! Thanks again Sir!! Your ride is still "Lookin' Goot"!! CalStang
Thanks and you're very welcome! A trip to the Ozarks sounds like fun. I'll keep an eye out for your photo.

I think my next mod will be either black or chrome taillight bezels but I can't decide which one.

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 10/6/08 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10/6/08 | 07:05 PM
2&2
GT Member

Very sharp. I really like the grill. Hey Calstang, I thought maybe I would have seen you at Cruisin Main Street show and shine in Plattsmouth last Friday night. There was about 400 cars on main street on a beautifull night. My 65' fastback seemed to be one of only about 5 mustangs total there. Really out numbered by those dime a dozen camaros.
I just got back the night before from a visit to the Shelby factory and museum in Las Vegas. I really have the bug now for the SGT. But there are some great deals on used 2007 CS/GT right now. Still waiting for that perfect deal.
Old 10/7/08 | 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool "You Can Do It"

2&2: Great to here from you again Bro! Would have loved to attended that one, to help bolster our Stang numbers. But was on the road yet again. Love your wonderfully done white '65 GT fastback!! You really should post some pictures of that smooth looking hotty for all the Gang here!

Its about time you pulled the trigger and joined the S197 Club! Figured after your Lady sat in our CalStang at the All Stang show, it was all over but signing the check!! Are you guys still looking for a vert, or going to a coupe like ours? Good luck on finding a great deal out there! CalStang
Old 10/12/08 | 02:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm having a custom overlay made which will go over the fake gas cap in the rear. It will say GT/CS and match the side stripes. I'll post pics once I get it and do the install. Stay tuned!
Old 10/25/08 | 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I just finished installing clear side markers and front bumper lights. I installed a satin aluminum trim around the side markers. Also, I replaced the stock bulbs with stealth/chrome bulbs. Here's some pics...

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 10/25/08 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10/25/08 | 06:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice and clean, TMS style!