2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

New to me 2007 GT/CS Performance White

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/20 | 03:01 PM
GT Member

Gotta love those Canton expansion tanks. Made in Branford CT. Just a few towns away from me. I used to use there circle track oil pans back in the day. Looks good Nemisus.
You got pretty far in one weekend.
The following users liked this post:
Nemisus (1/28/20)
Old 1/27/20 | 07:41 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Looking good!
Nemisus (1/28/20)
Old 1/27/20 | 08:40 PM
GT Member

Progress

UPDATE:

Today managed to allow for some after work time. So I decided to keep going. The Lisle Tool arrived as well and allowed me to get that one pesky broken plug out. Took more time getting set up than it did to remove it. Think I got lucky! So today's efforts resulted in the Manifold installed, fuel system installed, and the best part... the SC Compressor.

Take a look!

Give that these are the original plugs, at 90K I think I should be grateful only 1 broke out of the 8. Still was a downer as I didn't know how things were going to go.

And now for the good parts,

If things work out the way I am hoping for, I should be wrapping this up by Wednesday.

Cheers all!

Nemi
Old 1/27/20 | 08:57 PM
GT Member

Great progress again tonight.
Nemisus (1/28/20)
Old 1/29/20 | 04:18 PM
GT Member

Finished

So 2.5 days later the Kenne Bell 2.6 Shelby Stage 1 is complete. Started right up and only gave me a brief moment of grief. First drive was to get the kids down the street from school and had an engine light pop up half way down. Drove it back easy and ran some codes. 3 popped up, but only 2 concerned me. The first was the generic code you get when tuning the PCM for the first time. The other two pointed directly as the Cam Sensors not registering. Upon inspection I learned real fast why it threw those codes. The PASS side sensor was unplugged. Plugged it back and and everything is right as rain. Need a more thorough test drive but I let is idle in the drive for a good while check to see if the cooling system worked and if I could spot any leaks. As of this message I can report all looks prefect!

Check out the final install pics. I tried a video but it didn't work.

Thanks for following along.

Old 1/29/20 | 04:27 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Nicely done it looks great!
Nemisus (1/30/20)
Old 1/29/20 | 05:10 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Nemisus (1/30/20)
Old 1/29/20 | 05:52 PM
GT Member

Looks good.
Nemisus (1/30/20)
Old 1/29/20 | 06:48 PM
GT Member

Just got back from a test drive. Runs solid, but I don't think the bypass valve is closing as I am not feeling any boost. In the drive with the hood up the valve isn't moving at all. I could get it to do it if I pushed on it but it'll go back to staying wide open. This is a vacuum operated valve and I can feel vacuum so I am not sure? In addition to that when I am letting the engine brake, decel, it back fires and pops something fierce. Any thoughts on either of this issues?

Thanks again
Old 1/29/20 | 07:45 PM
GT Member

UPDATE:

Confirmed the "Valet Mode" was enabled and made the adjustments. Can't really tell if I resolved it as I can't really get anywhere WOT and be safe about it. I did drive it and felt like I noticed a difference? I am not hearing any type of KB whine so who knows...

I'll drive it to work tomorrow and see how it goes. It's an hour and a half drive one way.

Thanks again,
Old 1/29/20 | 07:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

That's a nice, clean install!
Nemisus (1/30/20)
Old 1/29/20 | 09:44 PM
GT Member

Thank you to all that commented. This Bypass Valve valet mode is killing me. Wish there was some images that showed on and or off so I could confirm my is operating correctly. Time will tell I suppose. Runs great otherwise... just not sure I am getting any boost? This weekend I'll have the boost gauge installed and that'll certainly answer that question.

Thanks again,
Old 1/30/20 | 10:52 AM
GT Member

UPDATE:

After a few starts I started hearing a nasty belt squeal. Figured at that point I should reach out to KB and lay out the issues. Let me start off by stay that Rick is a great guy with tons of knowledge and he never didn't have an answer to the small issues I was having. I know that some have reservations about the quality of KB's customer service but I couldn't be happier.

Rick walked me through adjusting the tension on the belt. Resolved the squeal with one adjustment. Sweet! Walked me through the Bypass Valve and confirmed it's working correctly. Mine is a low vacuum model so how it reacts might not be how the manual states is should. I did buy the Shelby version that is 50 state legal. He also stated that I should put mufflers back on it as the high flow cats with no mufflers could be why I am getting so much pop during decel. Did suggest I check for leaks which I haven't in a while. The nice thing about mufflers is I'll be able to hear the whine more. At this point I haven't and the current exhaust is very loud.

This weekend I'll be adding the boost gauge which will help give a visual of whats happening under the hood.

Cheer everyone

Nem
Old 1/30/20 | 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

sounds and looks great!

do you have plans for tuning, on a dyno? if no dyno, maybe Lito could take a look at some datalogs for you; I know he does a lot with the DoB supercharged cars so I assume he would be good with the KB also but not sure
Old 1/30/20 | 12:29 PM
GT Member

Hey Bert,

No immediate plans for tuning other than what KB sent with the kit. I'd like to get it on a Dyno just to see the results but I am not finding the area to have one. For now I'd just like to drive it an enjoy it.

I ended up pretty sick over the past few days and am just resting. Haven't even driven it a few miles yet. Pretty sad really.

Old 2/1/20 | 07:58 PM
GT Member

UPDATE:

Greetings TMS! As of this update I do believe I have worked out all the bugs (minimal) and have actually went on my first lengthy test drive. Fortunately I learned, before driving it that my HE pump wasn't pushing coolant for the SC. Simply fix, just had to remove the bumper to reach it. HA! Wife was co-pilot and the look on her face made all this worth it when I hit boost and away we went! Also managed to get the 3 gauge pod installed and fully functioning. What a change in interior this makes. Great addition considering I went from a 6 gauge cluster to a 4 gauge cluster and lost a few dummy gauges. Now I have all the necessary gauges I can think of.

Here is how the Roush Gauges and CS 3 pod looks installed!

Cheers,

Old 2/14/20 | 03:56 PM
GT Member

MMD Goodies

Afternoon TMS,

Thought I'd drop a line and update another round of mods to the GT/CS. These are subtle and something I had on order for some time. Seems AM has a lot of items listed in stock that aren't. Anyway... not the greatest install as the black cover, once on wouldn't come off and the Deck Lid Panel wouldn't fit over it.... even though it is listed as a direct fit with both parts. Decided to make it fit! Took a dremel tool and slowing removed some of the inside. Fit ended being nice and snug but what disappointed me most is that when I went to clean the deck panel, the cleaner actually started affecting the matte black paint. Up close it looks crappy, but the effort to remove it would be greater than my care. I am sure I'll find a solution.

Anyhow, take a look!

m05fastbackGT (2/15/20)
Old 2/15/20 | 11:17 AM

From the images posted, it's really hard to tell. So like you said, can't really notice anything unless you're up close. However it's still no excuse for the poor quality and fitment issues for the items purchased. As for AM? I know thru personal experience they feed you with nothing but marketing hype B.S claims, but actually have very little to zero technical knowledge about the products they sell. They even have the nerve to claim the stock 2005-10 Mustang GT exhaust system is 2.75" in diameter when in reality the diameter is 2.5" Perfect example, they claim Borla ATAK axle-back mufflers are constructed from 2.75" diameter tubing and designed only for the 2005-09 Mustang GT, but will not fit on the 2007-09 Shelby GT500 which has 2.5" diameter tubing. Well needless to say everyone knows full well that both the 2005-09 Mustang GT and 2007-09 Shelby GT500 have the same 2.5" diameter tubing and also have the very same hanger mounting locations as well. However AM clearly boasts on their website that Borla Stinger axle-back mufflers are designed for all 2005-09 Mustang GT and all 2007-09 Shelby GT500 models and are constructed from 2.5" diameter tubing. Meanwhile both the Borla ATAK and Borla stinger (S-Type) exhaust systems share the very same 2.5" pipe diameter and also identical in overall physical construction and are therefore designed to fit all 2005-09 Mustang GT and all 2007-09 Shelby GT500 models. Anyhow, just goes to show how very little knowledge AM actually has when it comes to certain products they sell, let alone have any real knowledge when it concerns providing accurate vehicle/tech specifications lol. That being said, on a much lighter note, those Borla Stingers sure look really awesome on your "07" GT/CS and are indeed the perfect match, congrats

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/18/20 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2/15/20 | 05:04 PM
GT Member

Hwy 1 Cruise

Hey Rocky,

Thanks for the comments. I usually save my buys for S3, LMR, and CJ... but occasionally they do sell something exclusive and do have the option to buy items not legal in CA with an acknowledgement of off road use.

Took my wife on a long drive up the Hwy 1 coast from where it meets 101 just before the Gold Gate. Took our time and saw some amazing views! We ended up just west of Valley Ford and then took off home. Didn't have the good camera but we did take a few shots at the end of the GT/CS. Wish the Wilwoods were on it...

Anyhow,

m05fastbackGT (2/15/20)
Old 2/15/20 | 10:47 PM

Hey Joseph,

Actually I should've stated that when it comes to only certain products that AM sells, they don't always provide accurate info regarding the actual specs according to the manufacturer. Therefore, I went ahead and made corrections to the previous post. Anyhow, when it comes to purchasing parts for my car, I mostly purchase them from Stage3motorsports, JDM engineering and from Summit Racing as they all have excellent track records and also provide excellent customer service as well. Meanwhile, it appears you and the wife really enjoyed the long ride up the coast from those amazing views you posted for us all. Needless to say, my wife and I really envy you as we can only imagine and dream how nice it would be to live somewhere in the southwest where it's always warm and never have to deal with putting up with bitter cold weather nor having to deal with snow lol. Anyway, thanks once again for sharing more awesome pics of your "07" GT/CS

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/17/20 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Typo Error
shaneyusa (2/16/20)

Quick Reply: New to me 2007 GT/CS Performance White