2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Mirror with Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/07, 05:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mirror with Homelink

Anyone using the electrochomatic rearview mirror with Homelink? Is it worth getting?
Old 1/16/07, 05:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Yes!!! Get It

Yes, and it is DEFINITELY worth getting. Especially if you have a convertible, because with the top down, the headlights glare right in your face without the EC mirror. With the EC mirror, driving is much easier and nicer

Also, it is real convenient to have homelink right there on the mirror.

I opted for just the EC and homelink. I did not get a compass, nor did I get the temp display. I didn't want to deal with wiring up the temp sensor, and I don't need the compass. Also, I was able to save a good chunk of money by not getting those features.
Old 1/16/07, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Yes, and it is DEFINITELY worth getting. Especially if you have a convertible, because with the top down, the headlights glare right in your face without the EC mirror. With the EC mirror, driving is much easier and nicer

Also, it is real convenient to have homelink right there on the mirror.

I opted for just the EC and homelink. I did not get a compass, nor did I get the temp display. I didn't want to deal with wiring up the temp sensor, and I don't need the compass. Also, I was able to save a good chunk of money by not getting those features.
I have the EC with Compass, but no Homelink. I would like to upgrade to Homelink...I wonder who sells those. I would also like to get the bluetooth gadget.
Old 1/16/07, 06:47 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like a GREAT add-on. Who sells it??
Old 1/16/07, 06:55 AM
Cobra R Member

the mirror is made by gentex. I looked on ebay and found someone with a storefront. I don't recall the part #, but if you go on gentex's website, you should be able to find it. then, just plug the # in to google and start shopping for the best price.

Since you already have an EC mirror, it *may* be able to use the same connector on the back of the mirror, which would save some installation time. But, you may have to use the new wiring harness, because the homelink needs a constant hot (so that you don't lose the codes each time you turn off the car).

I recommend google and ebay to get a fair market price, and go from there whether you can find a better deal from a store or from someone on ebay. I got mine for $155 delivered, and that included the $5 piece of plastic that attaches to the mirror to covers the wire on the windshield ($5 is expensive for a piece of plastic, but worth it in terms of looks). I wish I could remember the site. But, I'm sure you will probably find it during your search. They are a big-time seller of those mirrors.
Old 1/16/07, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Anyone using the electrochomatic rearview mirror with Homelink? Is it worth getting?
If you ordered with the comfort group package you get the auto dim with compass only. cant wait, & for good measure for those really extra bright lights behind me I'll get one of those Hitler Kligue light I think they were callerd , that is if someone follows too close with High beams , give them the bright one. kidding I'd let them go by and carry on. Two wrongs have never made anything right !
Old 1/16/07, 04:58 PM
GT Member

I have the EC mirror with homelink and temp and compass and you will not be dissapointed . A bit pricey though but nice to have. All my vehicles have had EC mirrors. It's not just a convienence but a necessity to prevent glare automatically. Once you have you always have to have.
Old 1/16/07, 06:53 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info. I ordered the mirror today, and will keep you posted on progress!
Old 1/16/07, 07:36 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Our Vert had comfort package, removed the factory EC mirror w/comp, and swapped out to EC/ homelink and compass, I don't think that it has temp in it. However, I rarely get to drive the car and "play" with the extras.

The homelink mirror is worth the bucks for the garage door operation.

The remote kept falling off of my '06 GT visor.

TDS
Old 2/2/07, 08:19 AM
V6 Member

I agree. Mirror installed, and I LOVE it! Not only homelink, but outside temp, as you know how those ice storms sneak up on you in Tampa!
Attached Thumbnails Mirror with Homelink-dsc00452.jpg  
Old 2/2/07, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

I had the Genetex HomeLin/Compass mirror installed on my '05 GT and it worked great - not going to install on the '07.....just sitting in storage at this point