2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Lower Grille Question

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/09, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lower Grille Question

Has anyone used this product before? It is from Silver Horse Racing. If so any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. I see where they "snap" in place is this good enough or would you suggest double sided tape? I do use my 07 GT/CS as a daily New England Driver and want to make sure this piece is strong enough.

<TABLE id=productDetailsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Line colSpan=2 height=1></TD></TR><TR id=description><TD colSpan=2>
Our GT/CS lower grill insert is the finishing touch for the front end of your 2007-2009 California Special, Shelby GT, or FR500-CJ Mustang. This piece, made from UV stabilized ASA plastic is designed not only to look good, but also to protect your radiator or any optional intercoolers you might have added. It installs with no tools in less than a minute, but will stay put just as well as the factory grill. No drilling is required, and it does not impede airflow to the radiator.

The honeycomb pattern matches the factory grill work, and our piece also will work with the Agent 47 Brake duct kits we have available for the more hardcore drivers out there.
Photos shown are of production piece on actual customer vehicle. Scroll down for more images.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR id=detailsTitle><TD class=ProductDetailsTitle colSpan=2>Details</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Line colSpan=2 height=1></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ProductDetails width="30%">Part Number:</TD><TD class=ProductDetails noWrap>S197-200-CS</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD class=ProductPriceTitle width="30%">Price:</TD><TD class=ProductPrice>$ 89.99 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 12/28/09, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool "Wonderful Product"

Yes we have had this piece on our GT/CS for over a year now and we love it! This lower grill is made very solid and looks original! Easy no sweat install and it fits snug and tight too! This is the correct piece that FoMoCo should have had on the Cal's and Shelby-GT's from day one to protect that lower intake area. If it is made by SHR you can bet it is always the best quality product availible! "Money Well Spent"!! CalStang

Last edited by CalStang'07; 12/29/09 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 12/28/09, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I ordered a second one as soon as I brought my second GT/CS home. Excellent piece, simple, secure installation.

I would complain that the new grill is not a match to the side panels, finish-wise. The center is a bit shinier than the matte-ish sides. Looks as if it will be a bit more difficult to uninstall, since it restricts access to the clips that hold the sides in place.

If the finish match bothered me, I'd paint them to match. No occasion to remove one yet.

Good and good for your car.
Old 12/28/09, 08:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Ford itself could not have made this piece better than SHR makes it. Absolutely the most OEM looking product you will ever buy fro your Msutang.
Old 12/28/09, 11:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Ford itself could not have made this piece better than SHR makes it. Absolutely the most OEM looking product you will ever buy fro your Msutang.
+1 and what everyone else said.

Mine was modified to allow a CCMB front plate bracket. No issues at all. Looks better than OEM.
Old 1/2/10, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

+2 to what everyone said. This is a great piece and installs in seconds. Do not hesitate to get one on your car. It looks great and adds a little more protection for the radiator.
Old 1/2/10, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Someone did an additional mod by placing a piece of mesh gutter guard from Home Deopt behind the SHR Grill for more protection.

I have the mesh trimmed to fit just haven't done it yet. The mesh is secured with tie wraps.

Is the SHR grill secure? Mine has not moved after 13k miles in all weather including snow ice, and all other road garbage.
Old 1/3/10, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frank s
I ordered a second one as soon as I brought my second GT/CS home. Excellent piece, simple, secure installation.

I would complain that the new grill is not a match to the side panels, finish-wise. The center is a bit shinier than the matte-ish sides. Looks as if it will be a bit more difficult to uninstall, since it restricts access to the clips that hold the sides in place.

If the finish match bothered me, I'd paint them to match. No occasion to remove one yet.

Good and good for your car.
I agree completely. It's an excellent piece. I've sprayed my side grills with Black Magic silicone protectant and rubbed it in with Q-tips to get all the crevices and it seems to match more closely with the SHR piece.
Old 1/11/10, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
Has anyone used this product before? It is from Silver Horse Racing. If so any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. I see where they "snap" in place is this good enough or would you suggest double sided tape? I do use my 07 GT/CS as a daily New England Driver and want to make sure this piece is strong enough.

<TABLE id=productDetailsTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=Line height=1 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR id=description><TD colSpan=2>
Our GT/CS lower grill insert is the finishing touch for the front end of your 2007-2009 California Special, Shelby GT, or FR500-CJ Mustang. This piece, made from UV stabilized ASA plastic is designed not only to look good, but also to protect your radiator or any optional intercoolers you might have added. It installs with no tools in less than a minute, but will stay put just as well as the factory grill. No drilling is required, and it does not impede airflow to the radiator.

The honeycomb pattern matches the factory grill work, and our piece also will work with the Agent 47 Brake duct kits we have available for the more hardcore drivers out there.
Photos shown are of production piece on actual customer vehicle. Scroll down for more images.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR id=detailsTitle><TD class=ProductDetailsTitle colSpan=2>Details</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Line height=1 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ProductDetails width="30%">Part Number:</TD><TD class=ProductDetails noWrap>S197-200-CS</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD class=ProductPriceTitle width="30%">Price:</TD><TD class=ProductPrice>$ 89.99 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Great product very solid and you will not need double sided tape.
Old 1/19/10, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

Ok so today i picked up the lower grille insert and i need some guidence on the install as i do not want to break the clips that hold the side pieces on. So I have a couple of dumb questions:

Do you pull the clips up or down to remove the side pieces?
How do you know which is the top / bottom of the insert?
Where does the insert snap into the sides to hold it firmly in place?

Any other helpful hints will be GREATLY appreciated. I know it says less the 1 minute to install but I am a little on the cautious side.
Old 1/19/10, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok so today i picked up the lower grille insert and i need some guidence on the install as i do not want to break the clips that hold the side pieces on. So I have a couple of dumb questions:

Any other helpful hints will be GREATLY appreciated. I know it says less the 1 minute to install but I am a little on the cautious side.
Pull the top clips down and push the bottom clips up. You may need a small flat screwdriver to SLIGHTLY pull the flap out (towards the rear of the car) and push the stock grill piece forward. I worked the top out first and then the bottom.

Good luck.
Old 1/19/10, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So was I: I took a pocket mirror and looked at the clips for a long time before just pinching and pulling.
Old 1/20/10, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks FrankS & 825LTRGT for your input. it went in pretty easy and looks great. Thanks again for all the input. It is an awesome product from what I can see so far.
Old 1/20/10, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
if they are the same that fits on the GT's then i have them too. nice product, excellent fit. snaps in. havent had any trouble with them at all. looks great too. very nice product.