2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Just picked it up...Holy crizzy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/07, 06:03 PM
HNT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked it up...Holy crizzy!!!

What a difference the performance and handling packages make! Eibach springs, Shelby blue GT500 rear sway bar, Roush front strut brace. It's lowered just over 1.5 inches. Huge cold air cone on the induction system (bigger than the Shelby for some reason) and Borla exhaust. The local dealer outsources their performance work ( I think due to the back-ordered FR parts) and that's what they gave me. If anyone has thought about it, do it. My warranty is still intact as well. I had a deposit on the Shelby GT here and drove it twice. My car is faster and louder. Almost all of the feedback I rcvd from mustang forums said to save the $$ and mod up a GT/CS. The dealer here had a 6k over sticker premium on their Shelby GT! (not the 500, that one was 18k over sticker) I couldn't be happier. This is my first American car purchase too. Too rainy for pics. I'll send them soon. Thanks so much for the help here.
Old 3/15/07, 06:50 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No pictures, no nanners!.....

Serious congratulations. You'll love this thing...

so, where the pictures again?......once the weather gets cleared up, try to stop driving long enoyugh to get good pictures. My cure was to drive out as far as I could, take the pictutres, then race the sundown going back....
Old 3/15/07, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah you are going to love it. that's what i've done to my car.

(minus the sway bar/strut brace)
Old 3/15/07, 07:24 PM
HNT

I have noticed the idle fluctuates a little now. Is this normal due to the cold air induction?
Old 3/16/07, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HNT
What a difference the performance and handling packages make! Eibach springs, Shelby blue GT500 rear sway bar, Roush front strut brace. It's lowered just over 1.5 inches. Huge cold air cone on the induction system (bigger than the Shelby for some reason) and Borla exhaust. The local dealer outsources their performance work ( I think due to the back-ordered FR parts) and that's what they gave me. If anyone has thought about it, do it. My warranty is still intact as well. I had a deposit on the Shelby GT here and drove it twice. My car is faster and louder. Almost all of the feedback I rcvd from mustang forums said to save the $$ and mod up a GT/CS. The dealer here had a 6k over sticker premium on their Shelby GT! (not the 500, that one was 18k over sticker) I couldn't be happier. This is my first American car purchase too. Too rainy for pics. I'll send them soon. Thanks so much for the help here.
Old 3/16/07, 06:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HNT
I have noticed the idle fluctuates a little now. Is this normal due to the cold air induction?
Yeah, mine did that too when I first installed the CAI and new tune. I think the system just needs to get used to the new airflow for a while. It's 99.9% gone now. Very, very rarely will is still see the idle dip down now. I've never had any problems with it dying because it dipped too low or anything. I wouldn't worry about

Post up some pics soon!
Old 3/16/07, 07:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrads, sounds like you are in the market for a tune, that will make a difference too. Lets see some pics.