2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Just joined the Forum. Long time Barnett fan.

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/07, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just joined the Forum. Long time Barnett fan.

Hey Troops:
Have been reading at this site since it began! Love all of the great info and feedback!! It helped me to decide on a "California Special" for my 2007 Mustang GT purchase. Thanks! We got a White coupe, Dove interior and for my driving needs, a 5-speed stick. The Mrs. got the Sirius radio option and the heated bucket seats. Just love this Stang, factory warts and all. Ford Dealer is doing great job of making it correct as promised.

Have been building American V-8 cars for over 30 plus years now. Have a son who just built turbo crate 4.6 V-8 2002 Mustang GT down in Sebring, Florida. It is crazy fast! Together he and I built his hot little 5.0 Mustang GT's during his high school days. My first built street rod, was a black 40 Ford. I kick myself about once a year for selling that baby back in '80 to buy a very clean 1960 Thunderbird with the big police interceptor V-8. But that pretty white bird hardtop would roll out at 100 MPH all day long. and we raced it at the drag strip too, in the stock automatic class. It spanked full sized small block Bowties and Mopars all day long at the strip!! For drag racers. This because of the Birds extra weight, she could run against small blocks and if they were sand bagging, they would break out of their ET dial in, just as I was about to pass them before the traps! Fun stuff!!

When We first saw the new prototype Mustang platform at a 2003 new car show, fell in love all over again!! It was back to the future. A second chance to buy that new Mustang, that we just could not afford back in the day. Have been saving all my extra cash for over three years for it. But three of our adult children got married during that same time, so it has taken quite a while to really build this Stang savings account up.

Lastly. Saw the new CAL package last summer at a local dealer and I just knew they had read my mind on just what I wanted my Stang to look like!! Found this Baby during a web search of the local Dealers. Had 22 miles on it. Got X-plan, plus end of the year cash back and they threw in the plentum cover too. The car had not sold because the 18" Bullits were gone off of it. So I said if they got us some new 18" fanblade wheels, we would buy it cash!! Done! So great to finally be in the Mustang family! Pixs to follow. Sorry about long wind, just wanted to give all a background.
Old 7/22/07, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the group R.C.~
Old 7/23/07, 07:19 PM
GT Member

....welcome to our little thing....excellent taste in cars (...of course ...)...and great to see it shared through the generations....sounds like you raised your son right....
Old 7/23/07, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to TMS. Well, it's about time you joined.
BTW, great looking STANG!
Old 7/24/07, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the Welcome Gang!!

Just got back from my Ford dealer who is located forty-two miles away in Nebraska. Some updates on some minor warranty work. Because of all of the outstanding advise you members all have shared on this site, I'm doing all of my network through this outstanding performance dealer. They also are a Roush dealership who understand and work with us crazy lead pedals. They provide and install all of the great Mustang FRPP stuff too!! Cool Beans! My own local area Ford dealership is a nice small Mom and Pop, that sells mostly trucks and sedans to the country boys and farmers. Which is a cool part of America too, but they are not about any Smokin Hot Stang Power or the FRPP's. We are lucky to be so close to the Omaha area with BuCu Ford Dealerships to work with there.

We have had our Mustang about seven weeks now and have just about got it all broken in at 1000 miles. Still cannot believe just how very much torque this stock engine can pull through the power band in each gear! We drive it a little hard, but don't abuse the drivetrain or the tires. Yet. Son Sammy coming home from Florida in two weeks to attend the area drag races and to test drive (as he calls it) the old man's stock retro Stang. I know he will love it too! He's already planning in his head, my future mods to this new generation of the go fast Mustang world. Probably will start with a one piece Aluminum driveshaft and some rear susension mods to keep her going straight! The rearend is just too floaty and clunky for me.