2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/07, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray Man, you have a Mustang emblem on the GT500 grille, was there not a cutout on the Gt500 grille made specifically for the Cobra logo, or is it just a plain honeycomb grille?
Old 10/8/07, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Airwolf
Ray Man, you have a Mustang emblem on the GT500 grille, was there not a cutout on the Gt500 grille made specifically for the Cobra logo, or is it just a plain honeycomb grille?
No, it comes free of any cut outs. There are a couple of holes off to the right side that are hidden inside the honeycomb made for the cobra emblem, but I put a couple of small plugs in there to hide them. They are so small that I didn't need to go to that length, but you know how we are with our cars.
Old 10/8/07, 11:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Woohoo!!! I picked up my car today from StangWerks (now SW Body & Paint) in Azusa:

http://auto-focus.us/forum/showthread.php?t=124

I ordered the dent delete. I don't know how they did it but this was a paintless repair. It looks as good as new with no sign of any damage. Amazing!

Thank you... thank you... Ed! Repaired at no charge to me, pretty cool. If you need any custom work done give them a call in the Southern California area (626)339-4441.

Interesting side bar, when I dropped off my Stang last Monday for the repair, I was sitting at the front desk filling out some paperwork and the phone rang. The receptionist answers and calls to Ed the owner, "Richard Robello line one". That was kind of funny.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw1.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw2.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw3.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw4.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw5.jpg  

Old 10/8/07, 11:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Some misc. images after I washed the car and the sun was disappearing. It sure is nice to have my baby back!
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw6.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw7.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw8.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw9.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw10.jpg  

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw11.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-sw12.jpg  
Old 10/9/07, 07:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Some misc. images after I washed the car and the sun was disappearing. It sure is nice to have my baby back!
Nice pics Ray!

But where's the detailed shot of where the ding used to be?
Old 10/9/07, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good to see your baby's back to prestine condition. That was really cool of Stangwerks to fix the dent for free.
Old 10/9/07, 09:49 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Well Ray, take solace in the fact that a) his trunk is ill fitting, and b) the paint on his cobra wing is messed up along the joints - not to mention that those rings look stupid, and more than likely wont function like they're meant to, if he needs them.
Old 10/9/07, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nice pics Ray!

But where's the detailed shot of where the ding used to be?
Right there, can't you see it!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...7&d=1191907711

Looks like I got the BMR swaybar delete. Thanks for the heads up Leo!
Old 10/9/07, 10:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ray Man
It sure is nice to have my baby back!
"I want My Baby Back !" I so know how you feel . Mustangs addictive ? Heck Yes what would one do or how far would we go to protect them ? I think like I did with my 05 GT with a marrage cert I will adopt my 07 GT/CS and make it a family member a depndant so I can claim on my tax's after all it is very dependant of Fuel .
Old 10/11/07, 12:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I recently found out that there is a San Gabriel Valley Mustang Club kinda local to me. They meet at Legends Diner in Glendora the second Wednesday of every month from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. They are so low key that I didn't even know they existed until now. So I thought I would stop by and say hi. There were about 10 Stangs in the parking lot and about 15 people talking shop. Almost all the Mustangs were classic years '65 thru '67, one 2004 and mine was the only 2005+! Needless to say my car gathered interest very quickly. Very casual meeting with some announcements about upcoming shows and events. The announcements were geared towards events that benefit people and animals in need. That was kind of nice, it was not all about the cars. Met a few very nice people that I could hang out with on a regular basis.

So if you are in the San Gabriel Valley area and want to join or just stop by, I think we could make this a pretty good club. The food (burgers & fries especially) are some of the best I've ever had. I didn't pick up the camera until most of the cars and people were gone.
Oh well, here's what the diner looks like:
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-legends1.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-legends2.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-legends3.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-legends4.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-legends5.jpg  

Old 10/11/07, 03:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

You mean I waited all night to see pictures of restaurant signage? HELLO!

Okay Ray now close your eyes

Hey feed us will ya! Were hungry too!

Old 10/11/07, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
The announcements were geared towards events that benefit people and animals in need.
Animals in need? Sounds like a PETA convention.

Oh wait, we have those type of discussions at our Ricky & Ronnie meet too, but it's exclusively about p***ycats (and sometimes cougars). Right Jed?

Glad you found a close club though, just hope they're not S197 haters.
Old 10/21/07, 05:23 PM
GT Member

It only took 10 weeks of waiting but it finally arrived today

I sold my 1967 Fastback which I had owned for 30 years to invest in this new car. It's just about fully loaded with some mods to come in the near future. I may put a Shelby front end on her, we'll see.

I'm going to try to post some images shortly (just as soon as I figure out how?!). Wish me luck... lol

Thanks for looking!
Beautiful car......
Old 10/23/07, 12:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by gt/cs08
Beautiful car......
Thanks Arch. Enjoy your new Stang!
Old 11/23/07, 01:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I know it's been a while but here's a few pictures from my little Thanksgiving day cruise. Hope you all had a good day!
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-1.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-2.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-3.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-4.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-5.jpg  

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-6.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-7.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-8.jpg  
Old 11/23/07, 01:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks good as always Ray. I want that glassback so bad.
Old 11/23/07, 01:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Looks good as always Ray. I want that glassback so bad.
Thanks Leo. You car is hot as is! It would probably just add weight and slow you down. Go for the performace mods... shall we say SC?!

The GlassBack is a pretty cool mod though.
Old 11/23/07, 01:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Leo. You car is hot as is! It would probably just add weight and slow you down. Go for the performace mods... shall we say SC?!

The GlassBack is a pretty cool mod though.
It would be worth it though for the cool factor of looking up and seeing the sky.
Old 11/26/07, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Ray,

Your car and photography still amaze me. Congrats on a Job well done!!!
Old 12/4/07, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

niiiiiiice

Quick Reply: Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}