2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/06, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Vegas,

I almost went with the black, but in the end decided that I wanted to see the contrast of the black chin spoiler, which would all but disappear on the black car. I have a black Galant GTS, and it shows every speck of dirt, but I do like the look of a black car. Redfire looks sharp in the pictures I've seen. Don't know about the rims, but since KBB, edmunds, etc do not give you an option, nor did my dealer when I ordered, I doubt it. You may be able to work something out with the dealer though.
Old 7/12/06, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
code 86m parchment roof, 54c GT/CA spec., other codes T85, G9,K,C,180A,99H,44L,86M,18G,67L,14A,43A,53B,54C, Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks, ordered July7th. Also had to inform dealer about the car and options, also wanted the Grabber orange, that was a no go.
86M-Parchment Vinyl Top G9-Vista Blue Clearcoat 54C-GT Cal Special
KC-BLK W/PARCHMENT Accent Leather 180A -GT Conv Prem 99H-4.6L V8
44L-5sp AUTO TRAN 18G-Interior Upgrade 67L-Satin Alum Panel
14A-Active Anti-Theft System 43A-Front Side-Mounted Airbags
53B- Comfort Group
Old 7/12/06, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Oops, also missed codes on 2ed page, 54G and 59B if you need to know what the codes are let me know.
54G- GT Appearance Package 59B-Convertible Boot Cover

I have not seen any pictures of a Vista Blue W/Parchment Vinyl Roof GT/CS, and your code matches up with a Black/Parchment interior to boot! Please let me know when you get it. I ordered a Redfire w/Black cloth in early April. The next day I changed the order to Vista Blue. A week later the salesman told me it was coming as Redfire. Please be sure to show your pictures!
Old 7/12/06, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you Whitewaterrafter....
I noticed you ordered the Vista Blue. I saw one today at a dealership. That is where I noticed the polished rims and not chrome. I like the all Black charchol interior. The CS I saw had the Dove, light gray...To my surprise, it looked very nice...Thank you again...I am still undecided...
Old 7/12/06, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
Once you have the 54C plugged into the computer all incorrect choices will cause the order not to be accepted. Black cloth top is the only one that will be accepted on the convertible.
I'm not sure what happened with your order, but that info is incorrect. Either they did something wrong or they just managed to sneak an extra in on you. The cloth top is an option on the CS as I said in the last post. The order code is "CA". Here is an example of a GT/CS vert with vinyl top:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Note what is says on the window sticker: "Vinyl black convertible roof". Also note that the pictures show a vinyl roof.

Here's another with vinyl roof:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49997

Personally I love the cloth roof, it is very striking. I've got it ordered on my '07 GT.
Old 7/12/06, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by VegasGold
Hi..First post here. I am looking at purchasing a GT/CS. I am having a hard time with the colour choice. Black or Redfire? Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know if you could change the rims from 18" polised aluminum to the new 18" Chrome aluminum wheels? Any thoughts would be helpful...
I've read that you cannot change the wheels, and this does seem to be backed up by the order guide. Under the pic of the 64W wheels, it states "Included in Cal Special Package (54C)". Also every pic I've seen of a CS shows the 64W wheels. You can always pay the dealership extra to swap them, but I don't think you can order it from the factory that way if that is what you're asking.
Old 7/12/06, 08:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In one of my threads earlier, Ford Racing did not have a CAI for the 07, in the preformence area of the forum, there is a warning from Rouch, that their CAI will not fit the 07. Wonder what Ford did?
Old 7/12/06, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

In one of my threads earlier, Ford Racing did not have a CAI for the 07, in the preformence area of the forum, there is a warning from Rouch, that their CAI will not fit the 07. Wonder what Ford did?
I traded in an 06 GT Vert for my 07 GT/CS Vert. Included in the deal was to swap out the Electrochromic Mirror w/Compass & Temp from the 06 to the 07. The Service Dept discovered that the wiring from the 06 to the 07 Mustangs are different, and that to make the swap work, they need a special adaptor that will not be available for " a couple of months".

My 07 has the mirror w/compass it came with still in the car, the old mirror w/compass and temp is sitting in a box on my work bench.

This probably all makes sense when we remember that there is a new Auxilliary Audio Input Jack in the 07. I'm thinking that there may be lots of changes in the electronics from 06 to 07.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Old 7/12/06, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Another odd difference that's been reported is all of the HVAC control ***** are different (internally). The aluminum aftermarket ***** for the '05 and '06 will not fit the '07. I don't know why they're messing with stuff like this, it's not like something was wrong with them before! The controls in my '05 work just fine!
Old 7/12/06, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65

This probably all makes sense when we remember that there is a new Auxilliary Audio Input Jack in the 07. I'm thinking that there may be lots of changes in the electronics from 06 to 07.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?
You pulled the trigger on the Red CS? COOL! How many miles did you have on your old car? Do you think they handle differently? I don't know about electronics BUT my sales guy claims 07 is faster (more torque) and also, there was that news the the intake/exhaust had been changed over and current power packs won't work on 07's.
Old 7/13/06, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by VegasGold
Hi..First post here. I am looking at purchasing a GT/CS. I am having a hard time with the colour choice. Black or Redfire? Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know if you could change the rims from 18" polised aluminum to the new 18" Chrome aluminum wheels? Any thoughts would be helpful...
Looks like some variations are being allowed now. The only way to find out if you can change the wheels is to try to order it that way. I tried to go with a parchment roof in May and it failed but new orders are being acepted that way. Must be running low on cloth black tops.

If you like the subtle black matte stipes on the shiny black car then black is for you. I like red myself, but white showws off the grapics the best. Yellow or orange wuld have been great but are not available yet......who knows, maybe in a couple of months they will be.
Old 7/15/06, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I'm not sure what happened with your order, but that info is incorrect. Either they did something wrong or they just managed to sneak an extra in on you. The cloth top is an option on the CS as I said in the last post. The order code is "CA". Here is an example of a GT/CS vert with vinyl top:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Note what is says on the window sticker: "Vinyl black convertible roof". Also note that the pictures show a vinyl roof.

Here's another with vinyl roof:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49997

Personally I love the cloth roof, it is very striking. I've got it ordered on my '07 GT.
Looking at this one on ebay, shouldn't it have the GT/CS shifter ****?
Old 7/17/06, 10:58 AM

54G is gt appearance pkg hood scoop and engine cover
59B is a convertible top boot
Old 7/17/06, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
54G is gt appearance pkg hood scoop and engine cover
59B is a convertible top boot
Code 54G also includes what FoMoCo calls Bright Rolled Exhaust tips. They do look different than the standard GT.
Old 7/17/06, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rocket88
Looking at this one on ebay, shouldn't it have the GT/CS shifter ****?
The "shiny" shift **** (the aluminum one) is actually part of the Premier Trim Package. For reasons known only to Ford, you cannot get the PTP with the GT/CS!
Old 7/17/06, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Code 54G also includes what FoMoCo calls Bright Rolled Exhaust tips. They do look different than the standard GT.
I think the tips are same as GT/CS though too.