2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/06, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior colors

So the dealership input my CS order today, the salesman called and said my choice of Black and Parchment would not work, my only choices are black and dove and black and camel. Now I'm not sure I could distinguish between parchment and camel, but I thought it odd since everything I've seen stated the parchment color.
Old 7/10/06, 08:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ordered mine with a camel interior, is that another name for beige?
Old 7/10/06, 09:10 PM
Cobra Member

What??? Camel isn't even listed in the '07 order guide! I wonder if they changed the name of "parchment" to "camel" to make it sound better on the CS. The "dove" color is actually the same as "light graphite", just a different name for the CS.
Old 7/10/06, 09:16 PM
GT Member

OK, we need to simplify these colors. Does this sound correct?

Dove = Gray
Parchment = Tan

Camel = Parchment?
Old 7/10/06, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

My CS window sticker says parchment!

whitewater - good news on your CS order. Welcome aboard.
Old 7/11/06, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by whitewaterrafter
So the dealership input my CS order today, the salesman called and said my choice of Black and Parchment would not work, my only choices are black and dove and black and camel. Now I'm not sure I could distinguish between parchment and camel, but I thought it odd since everything I've seen stated the parchment color.
Interior trim codes for 2007 GT/CS are:
Seats w/Contrasting Enviroment*-Black/Parchment (KC), Black/Dove (KD)

Interior trim codes for Mustang GT and V6 Premium are:
Premium Trim - Black/Parchment (KC), Black/Dove (KD), Black/Chamois(K4)

*Tu-tone seating surfaces.
Hope this helps.
Old 7/11/06, 11:55 AM

Is the parchment really an off white or cream color? It looks almost white in the pictures. I ordered dove and that looks really light gray in the photos too.
Old 7/11/06, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
Is the parchment really an off white or cream color? It looks almost white in the pictures. I ordered dove and that looks really light gray in the photos too.
I would call it more of a light tan.
Attached Thumbnails interior colors-img_3110.jpg  
Old 7/11/06, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Me too!
Attached Thumbnails interior colors-pdrm0016.jpg   interior colors-pdrm0014.jpg  
Old 7/11/06, 11:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Hmmm my order sheet says "C" Black/camel" interior. 86M VYNL PARCH ROOF. ie: parchment vert .... what is camel????. Also dealer called said cold air induction and up grade mufflers are not available from ford racing yet, both intake and exhaust have changed from 06 to 07.
Having aftermarket stripe added, white pearl from the Lincoln Navagator. Any coments?
Old 7/12/06, 08:15 AM

for Dougxox......You better check your order. GTCS only comes with a CLOTH Black top and Black/dove or Black/parchment interior. You are missing the Cal. spec. option if you asked me.
Old 7/12/06, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well unless the dimension of the exhaust pipes have changed I don't know what effect intake/exhaust changes would have to axle-back mufflers.
My sales guy thinks that the 07 has more power!

Are you sure you ordered a CS?
Old 7/12/06, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Hmmm my order sheet says "C" Black/camel" interior. 86M VYNL PARCH ROOF. ie: parchment vert .... what is camel????. Also dealer called said cold air induction and up grade mufflers are not available from ford racing yet, both intake and exhaust have changed from 06 to 07.
Having aftermarket stripe added, white pearl from the Lincoln Navagator. Any coments?
Doug, I'm wondering if you truly have a GT/CS ordered. Would you mind sharing the build codes with us? If you don't have them, you can ask your salesman/dealer for a copy.

Best of luck!
Old 7/12/06, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
for Dougxox......You better check your order. GTCS only comes with a CLOTH Black top and Black/dove or Black/parchment interior. You are missing the Cal. spec. option if you asked me.
The GT/CS vert comes with a vinyl roof. The cloth roof is an option as on other GTs.
Old 7/12/06, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Hmmm my order sheet says "C" Black/camel" interior. 86M VYNL PARCH ROOF.
Well it sounds like they totally bunged up your order. The GT/CS has two interior options per the '07 order guide:

KC- Black/ Parchment Color Accent
KD- Black/ Dove Color Accent

One of these codes should appear on your order. You should also see the following code:

54C- GT Cal Special

You might want to confirm what they ordered!
Old 7/12/06, 03:53 PM

Once you have the 54C plugged into the computer all incorrect choices will cause the order not to be accepted. Black cloth top is the only one that will be accepted on the convertible. I tried to order this back in May and it was a real lengthy learning experience. This car does not have alot of choices. Most stuff is required or limited as to color as in KD or KC for interior.

My dealer tried to special order an Orange one for a girl who would pay whatever it took and the result was NO WAY...Redfire, Vista Blue, black or white...take it or leave it. I'll take it. Always liked redfire anyway.

I'm happy my order is in. My dealer in NJ accepts a-z plan and x plan and by now is a GTCS expert. We have 3 orders in just from the local Mustang club that I know of.
Old 7/12/06, 04:15 PM

Interesting

[quote=Dougxox]Hmmm my order sheet says "C" Black/camel" interior. 86M VYNL PARCH ROOF. ie: parchment vert .... what is camel????. Also dealer called said cold air induction and up grade mufflers are not available from ford racing yet, both intake and exhaust have changed from 06 to 07.

I received confirmation on my order yesterday, and the "black with camel" interior was confirmed, as was the CS package. Sounds like Doug and I ordered after the first of July, wondering if they changed the software to that option recently. I know the Ford info states "black with parchment", and some cars have been received with that option, but it appears things have changed. I just hope the camel is close to the parchment. I think I'll research the original California Special from the 60's and see what colors were available then, maybe Ford is just trying to tie the current version to that one.

Doug, the aftermarket stripe sounds nice, post pics when you get it, if you will. Dealer said my order had been assigned a code of "12" which he said was pretty good, in terms of when the car will be built. He said the best is a "10". He estimates 8 weeks, did you get an estimate?
Old 7/12/06, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi..First post here. I am looking at purchasing a GT/CS. I am having a hard time with the colour choice. Black or Redfire? Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know if you could change the rims from 18" polised aluminum to the new 18" Chrome aluminum wheels? Any thoughts would be helpful...
Old 7/12/06, 05:49 PM
Cobra R Member

code 86m parchment roof, 54c GT/CA spec., other codes T85, G9,K,C,180A,99H,44L,86M,18G,67L,14A,43A,53B,54C, Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks, ordered July7th. Also had to inform dealer about the car and options, also wanted the Grabber orange, that was a no go.
Old 7/12/06, 05:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Oops, also missed codes on 2ed page, 54G and 59B if you need to know what the codes are let me know.

Quick Reply: interior colors