2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

i so close to getting a intake and tune but i cant do it for some reason

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/07, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i so close to getting a intake and tune but i cant do it for some reason

im going to go with the C&L and tune from brenspeed.right now i have a K&N drop in,pullies,intake spacer and a shelby exhust(not that the exhust matter's) but what do you guys think is it truly worth the 600$? please let me know becuase i'm about to get it like withen a hour
Old 1/2/07, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the intake spacer cause a fitment issue with the C&L? Some of the other CAI's are already pushed pretty tight against the ABS lines. ...Just asking.
Old 1/2/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Most people will tell you that the tune is the best bang for the buck, and the CAI goes nicely along with it. My Mustang is on order, but when I got my F150 new in 2003 I put a CAI and a tuner on it and haven't regretted it yet, and when I get my Stang, the CAI and tuner will be the second thing I do, right after wheels and tires. So IMHO, yeah, go for it! Money well spent. Have fun, Carl
Old 1/2/07, 03:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by touring
im going to go with the C&L and tune from brenspeed.right now i have a K&N drop in,pullies,intake spacer and a shelby exhust(not that the exhust matter's) but what do you guys think is it truly worth the 600$? please let me know becuase i'm about to get it like withen a hour
Absolutely!!! I had some concerns as well, but have seen the light... A CAI w/tuner is the best mod, yeilding the most performance, for the money without question .
Old 1/2/07, 04:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by neil07gt
Will the intake spacer cause a fitment issue with the C&L? Some of the other CAI's are already pushed pretty tight against the ABS lines. ...Just asking.
You may have a problem with the overflow tank too. The spacer pushes it real close.
Old 1/2/07, 04:37 PM
Cobra Member

i hope it doesent become a problem.yea i ordered it,i couldn't give myself a reason not to besides the price
Old 1/2/07, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
how much hp /tq can you gain with a tuner and still run reg gas.... or is it when you buy a tuner you pretty much have to run prem gas??
Old 1/2/07, 05:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
how much hp /tq can you gain with a tuner and still run reg gas.... or is it when you buy a tuner you pretty much have to run prem gas??

i say a good 15-20 hp .i'm going to run 87
Old 1/2/07, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You might as well take the TB off and throw it away or sell it. It adds no performance and just gets in the way if you are going to use the C&L cold air kit. JMO~
Old 1/2/07, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
You might as well take the TB off and throw it away or sell it. It adds no performance and just gets in the way if you are going to use the C&L cold air kit. JMO~
see that's funny,i gained about 2 mpg and it makes a cool whirling noise like a mini s/c so i have no regrets with it.As long as it's saving me gas it's a mod to me
Old 1/5/07, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn

15rwhp to as high as 30rwhp depending on the application (using the preimum fuel tune) and you get to choose 3 tunes of which many folks do choose an low octane tune for economy....of course the reality is that once you feel the improvement of the high octane tune - it's going to be hard to go back down to the lower octane tune
Old 1/6/07, 04:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP

15rwhp to as high as 30rwhp depending on the application (using the preimum fuel tune) and you get to choose 3 tunes of which many folks do choose an low octane tune for economy....of course the reality is that once you feel the improvement of the high octane tune - it's going to be hard to go back down to the lower octane tune
Thats what i was afraid of not wanting to drop down on the octane but ohh well

your cars looking real good hotlap
Old 1/8/07, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I was thinking to do an air intake and tune combo but I'm afraid to sacrifise the reliability of the car. I like taking it on long trips and I like additional power around town. I'm afraid I'll get the car 500 miles away from home and I'll get some kind of check engine lights and limp modes and whatever.....then what???.......I've read a ton of posts on here of cars running to rich, lean, throwing codes, limp mode..........So what do you do????......Reload the tune........Keep bouncing between the stock tune and the power tunes just to try to make it work right..........My personal opinion is then unless your planning on adding a serious power maker and you "need" a tune it's just a waste of money and could lead to headaches.....Everytime you want to bring you car in for warranty service you have to put the stock tune back in........sounds like more trouble then 20 horsepower is worth.........honestly....It's only 20 horsepower.... 20 horsepower is not going to win you any races.......Now if your putting a supercharger on then yes you need a new tune....Waste of money and gives the potential to really screw up a stock car that is tuned right and runs perfect..
Old 1/8/07, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
I was thinking to do an air intake and tune combo but I'm afraid to sacrifise the reliability of the car. I like taking it on long trips and I like additional power around town. I'm afraid I'll get the car 500 miles away from home and I'll get some kind of check engine lights and limp modes and whatever.....then what???.......I've read a ton of posts on here of cars running to rich, lean, throwing codes, limp mode..........So what do you do????......Reload the tune........Keep bouncing between the stock tune and the power tunes just to try to make it work right..........My personal opinion is then unless your planning on adding a serious power maker and you "need" a tune it's just a waste of money and could lead to headaches.....Everytime you want to bring you car in for warranty service you have to put the stock tune back in........sounds like more trouble then 20 horsepower is worth.........honestly....It's only 20 horsepower.... 20 horsepower is not going to win you any races.......Now if your putting a supercharger on then yes you need a new tune....Waste of money and gives the potential to really screw up a stock car that is tuned right and runs perfect..
The first thing it only takes about 15 minutes to put the factory air box back on and re-flash the computer back to factory stats. I've done it three times for warranty issues! I run Brenspeed tunes and and have never pulled a light ! and Twenty HP at the rear wheels is a big deal! believe me 20+ HP is very noticeable! I don't race my Stang but I sure like the added throttle response..
Old 1/9/07, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree, if I had to do it over again, I would keep the CAI and the tune from Brenspeed. It really is not hard to change back to the stock tune and filter. Plus it is much more fun to drive with the new tune! Shift points are better and wakes up the car.
Old 1/9/07, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I seen a new plenum a while back but cant seem to find it... Has anyone else seen it? Please post a link if you know of one.