2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

I hate waiting!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Time

Originally Posted by Comox
It seems someone messed up your sale. I ordered my car in early August and was told the invoice went for the build in early September. Now it is due to arrive mid October,
(see above). I believe it normally takes 8 to 10 wks. start to finish. Good luck from Comox, BC.
PS. Can anyone else confirm this time?
If everything is on the ball that is the general statement that seems to be given out from every sales person.
Old 10/20/06, 04:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey everybody I just got some good news directly from the ford processing center that my GT/CS has been serialize and is waiting on a schudule date and ETA I hope this means its going to be builded soon the 17th of Oct was ten weeks.Does anyone have a idea how long it takes from this point to get delivery?
Thanks Steve
<!-- / message -->
Old 10/20/06, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

For me it was 3 1/2 weeks from this point on. But man, it's already been 10 weeks for you huh?? Wow, that's a lot. I ordered mine on 8/30 and they told me that the car will be dropped here on the October 26th. So 8 weeks total basically. I really don't have a clue how Ford prioritizes orders to tell you the truth. There's no pattern from one order to the other, looks like chaos. Plus mine was a manual with a 3:55 ratio and it's supposed to be a drag on turnover... turned out that NOT. The only thing that *may* have speeded up the process is that I paid cash for it but again I wouldn't understand why that would make things go any faster.

I'll post pictures on here once I have received and customized my ride, story of helping you wait. Anyways, good luck, hope time flies by for you
Old 10/20/06, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

You will most likely be scheduled for a built week of November 6th...I was serialized last week...Check below...ETA should be November 21 for you...Some where in that range...Check my information below...Feels good to finally be serialized...I am counting the days also...
Old 10/20/06, 09:22 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for getting back to me man I was getting tired of waiting but gave the 1 800 # a call today and got the news,and then my dealer called me tonight to tell me the same,my dealer dosen't know I know the 1 800 # ,so that made me feel better hearing from him knowing they are on top of whats going on with my order now.
---------------------------------
07 vista blue GT/CS premium coupe, comfort group, heated seats,black/dove interior ,power seats,5-spd, 3.55 ltd slip,int upgrade
charcoal panel ,18" alum wheels and all the other goodies that go with the CS..........

Ordered 08/08/06
Serialized 10/19/06
Builded week TBA
ETA TBA
Old 10/21/06, 02:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I contacted my dealer and the advised me my build date is October 23rd and due around mid February. They still can't give me an exact date. I sent an email to ford inquiring why a customer ordered vehicle would take so long, this was their response...

Dear Mr. Wilkie,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 10/12/2006 regarding the 2007 Ford Mustang Special Vehicle Team (SVT) Shelby GT500 Cobra.

Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford and
Lincoln-Mercury customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions
within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. We have documented your comments for future use and hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

While we are unable to expedite delivery of ordered vehicles, we would be happy to check on the delivery status of your the 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra. However, in order to do this, we will require certain details such as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or, the dealers sales code, body style code, and order number.

Mr. Wilkie, if you do not have this information available, we recommend
contacting your Salesperson at your dealership to obtain this; the Salesperson or Sales Manager can also provide you with the status of your vehicle order.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Anson
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre

I don't know where they got the idea I had ordered a GT500, I said in my email I ordered a California Special. I guess further proof that morons work at Ford.
Old 10/21/06, 08:39 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Ford had a Love Spat with one of their Plastic Parts Suppliers. That may be part of the problem. I know the GT/CS Side Scoops are Next to Impossible to get at the Moment!
Old 10/21/06, 10:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chilliwack 42
I contacted my dealer and the advised me my build date is October 23rd and due around mid February. They still can't give me an exact date. I sent an email to ford inquiring why a customer ordered vehicle would take so long, this was their response...

Dear Mr. Wilkie,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 10/12/2006 regarding the 2007 Ford Mustang Special Vehicle Team (SVT) Shelby GT500 Cobra.

Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford and
Lincoln-Mercury customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions
within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. We have documented your comments for future use and hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

While we are unable to expedite delivery of ordered vehicles, we would be happy to check on the delivery status of your the 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra. However, in order to do this, we will require certain details such as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or, the dealers sales code, body style code, and order number.

Mr. Wilkie, if you do not have this information available, we recommend
contacting your Salesperson at your dealership to obtain this; the Salesperson or Sales Manager can also provide you with the status of your vehicle order.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Anson
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre

I don't know where they got the idea I had ordered a GT500, I said in my email I ordered a California Special. I guess further proof that morons work at Ford.
Someone at Ford pushed the wrong form letter button - not very professional, to say the least.

I'm sending you a PM.
Old 10/21/06, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

I ordered my GT/CS Aug. 15th under FFP from Coastal in Burnaby, BC after 8 weeks which was just the other day I went in to get an update and was told don't expect it before Xmas. In fact he said the order was in, but not yet accepted by the factory so it would be 8 weeks after that occured. He said the problem was Cdn specialty cars such as the CS, Shelby GT500 and the $$$$GT are very limited and Cdn orders take alot longer than the standard 8 weeks in the US. It now looks like it will be in the new year before I see it and the spring before I get to drive it.

Have other CDN orders for the GT/CS come in quickly? and is the dealer jerking me around, or is this the truth?
Old 10/21/06, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's what I'm thinking when told the standard 8-10 weeks, but it may depend on what is being run through the platform at the time, one week say Fusion the next maybe Mustang something along that line, and let not forget Chistmas plant shut down as well ? If under four months like with the 05's I'll be suprised , but at that time Dec 04 Law suit / short on IUP parts / Chistmas closure.
Old 10/21/06, 09:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tuco
Someone at Ford pushed the wrong form letter button - not very professional, to say the least.

I'm sending you a PM.
It's santa Clause he was going to upgrade your order until you blew the whistle
Old 10/21/06, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Ford had a Love Spat with one of their Plastic Parts Suppliers. That may be part of the problem. I know the GT/CS Side Scoops are Next to Impossible to get at the Moment!
What ! Plastic you mean I'm buying a Tonka and not a Hot Wheel ? too
Old 10/21/06, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by VegasGold
You will most likely be scheduled for a built week of November 6th...I was serialized last week...Check below...ETA should be November 21 for you...Some where in that range...Check my information below...Feels good to finally be serialized...I am counting the days also...
If You order lugs let the dealer install them , why I say that as a freak of nature would have it they were rotating tires on my 05 GT and one lug had a hair line crack in it and the duffus was using an air gun with the key ( Always by Hand ) and it cracked, they said ah it will cost you $ to fix ah not you put them on to begin and it was fine before you touched it ! so if I had put them on I woulda had to pay !
Old 10/24/06, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer just called me to say my car has been shipped today and will be here by the end of the week or next week. Kinda strange since they told me the build date was October 23rd and planned on having it arrive mid November. They must have allocated one destined to sit on a lot. Oh well can't complain, I'll be driving her soon.
Old 10/24/06, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey I know a lot of the haulers as they are on the our Ferry Details I could toss out a question to them in return for one of my special favors,
(but the LOADS but slow on Ford my dealer has been calling and like ok we have an empty sort of lot where are the goods)
Your lucky though if there are to be ten steps you are at step 8 so that means arrival then SOLD date. wOOO Hoooo
Old 10/24/06, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chilliwack 42
My dealer just called me to say my car has been shipped today and will be here by the end of the week or next week. Kinda strange since they told me the build date was October 23rd and planned on having it arrive mid November. They must have allocated one destined to sit on a lot. Oh well can't complain, I'll be driving her soon.
That is good news, Chilliwack.
Old 10/27/06, 06:31 PM
V6 Member

I got really lucky, i ordered mine a month ago and made a change, it was dropped and arrives the week of halloween. I am days away. Going nuts. I feel all your pain.
Old 11/1/06, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

I hate this, I am now waiting too. Its drop date is Now Nov. 6 and Delivery date is the week of the 20th. or 27th. A Thanksgiving baby instead of a halloween one. I now feel your pain.
Old 11/1/06, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
I ordered my GT/CS Aug. 15th under FFP from Coastal in Burnaby, BC after 8 weeks which was just the other day I went in to get an update and was told don't expect it before Xmas. In fact he said the order was in, but not yet accepted by the factory so it would be 8 weeks after that occured. He said the problem was Cdn specialty cars such as the CS, Shelby GT500 and the $$$$GT are very limited and Cdn orders take alot longer than the standard 8 weeks in the US. It now looks like it will be in the new year before I see it and the spring before I get to drive it.

Have other CDN orders for the GT/CS come in quickly? and is the dealer jerking me around, or is this the truth?

That's just not right - I'd start looking around for one on a lot...waiting until the new year....what's that make your order window....FOUR 1/2 MONTHS
Old 11/2/06, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

I just got the following update on my GT/CS build date week of 11/13/06 Delivery Date 11/25/06 that is close to the 16 weeks I was told from the beginning from the dealers. My order was placed on the 8th of Aug. 2006

Quick Reply: I hate waiting!!!!!