2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

I hate waiting!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/06, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate waiting!!!!!

I ordered my GT/CS on June 20th. My dealer told me they would guess that it would take 6-8 weeks till it arrived. I patiently waited, then after 6 weeks I called them to ask if they knew roughly when it would arrive. They told me that they would have to call me back. I waited another two weeks and called them back myself and they said that they dont have a build date yet and don't know when it will arrive. I'm going nuts waiting Did anyone else have to wait this long? I don't know if it makes a difference that I live in canada.
Old 9/25/06, 06:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chilliwack 42
I ordered my GT/CS on June 20th. My dealer told me they would guess that it would take 6-8 weeks till it arrived. I patiently waited, then after 6 weeks I called them to ask if they knew roughly when it would arrive. They told me that they would have to call me back. I waited another two weeks and called them back myself and they said that they dont have a build date yet and don't know when it will arrive. I'm going nuts waiting Did anyone else have to wait this long? I don't know if it makes a difference that I live in canada.
It seems long to me. I am in Kelowna and ordered an '07 GT Vert (not the GT/CS) on about the same day, June 21. As of early August I had no build date or anything firm. The other Ford dealer here got an unallocated '07 GT/CS Vert in and I grabbed it. The first dealer gave me my deposit back, and the original ordered GT came in about Sept 12 or so. It's been sold since. I'm very pleased that I switched to the GT/CS.

You should have a build date by now, IMO. I think you need to press the dealer a bit more. It will be late Oct or early Nov before you get it at this rate. That's crappy.
Old 9/25/06, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tuco
It seems long to me. I am in Kelowna and ordered an '07 GT Vert (not the GT/CS) on about the same day, June 21. As of early August I had no build date or anything firm. The other Ford dealer here got an unallocated '07 GT/CS Vert in and I grabbed it. The first dealer gave me my deposit back, and the original ordered GT came in about Sept 12 or so. It's been sold since. I'm very pleased that I switched to the GT/CS.

You should have a build date by now, IMO. I think you need to press the dealer a bit more. It will be late Oct or early Nov before you get it at this rate. That's crappy.
+1 - I don't know if it's the dealers or Ford that is doing such a poor job handling customer ordered cars....what a joke - after reading posts like this (and there are many of them) there doesn't appear to be anyone managing this process. I'm lucky I know my dealer (great dealership) and am getting my ordered GT/CS in about 6 weeks total....but I feel for you guys that are getting jerked around so bad - I suspect your dealers are for some reason not submitting your orders or something else that is delaying your arrival dates.....to go that long without a schedule date - there's no excuse....how come I had a schedule date within 2 weeks of submitting my order? (and it is a mtx so that shouldn't be the reason) - just poor customer service?? What ever happend to a dealer actually calling YOU the customer and telling you that there may be a delay? Take your business elsewhere - that's what I'd do
Old 9/25/06, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Chilliwack - it should make no difference at all that you live in Canada...the operative word being "should" sorry to be on a rant here - just that I'm in sales for a living and if I ignored my customers that way I would lose thier business for sure
Old 9/25/06, 08:52 PM
V6 Member

I ordered my GT/CS the beginning of August and was recently told that my dealer cannot get a date yet but thinks it will arrive about mid October. I don't believe it will arrive before at least the end. My dealer is on Vancouver Island BC. Canada. It is arriving so late now that i won't get a chance to drive it before spring. Not pleased!!
Old 9/25/06, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Comox
I ordered my GT/CS the beginning of August and was recently told that my dealer cannot get a date yet but thinks it will arrive about mid October. I don't believe it will arrive before at least the end. My dealer is on Vancouver Island BC. Canada. It is arriving so late now that i won't get a chance to drive it before spring. Not pleased!!
That's just over 8 weeks. I was told 8 weeks when I ordered, and it was about 10 weeks. My guess is that the GT/CS has turned out to be quite popular and it may take a bit longer - particularily if manny tranny. Just a guess.
Old 9/25/06, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

That's just over 8 weeks. I was told 8 weeks when I ordered, and it was about 10 weeks. My guess is that the GT/CS has turned out to be quite popular and it may take a bit longer - particularily if manny tranny. Just a guess.
I've heard this too about manual transmissions, anyone know why? I would take my business elsewhere, but I would be losing out on the ford family pricing. The other dealers I dealt with would not honor the ford family pricing on an 07 GT/CS. Thats the only reason why I went where I did. They also told me that the 18" wheels have also put a delay on my order. I couldn't imagine that ford would be running low on wheels, but then again some people are getting california specials without stripes so who knows. I agree that I don't think ford thought that this would be as popular as it is.
Old 9/26/06, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Took me 8 weeks to get my order serialized at a small dealership in Canada and then another 3 weeks until delivery
Old 9/26/06, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

It took almost four months to get my '05 GT back in May of '05.
Old 9/26/06, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Nope (not in my case anyway) - mine is a GT/CS manual tranny fully loaded (with wheels ) and a convertible to boot and it was serialized within two weeks of my placing the order and will be here tomorrow. Dates are: Ordered 8/14/06 - serialized within two weeks, build week 9/11/06, arrival at dealer on 9/27/06 (6.5 weeks total) and that's after sitting on the ramp in SoCal for 8 days before the truck picked it up - if the truck carrier would have picked it up in a timely fashion at the ramp I would have had the car 5 in weeks....why can I get that kind of service and you can't - makes no sense at all and my dealership is on the small side - certainly no mega dealer...
Old 9/27/06, 12:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry correction on my first post I actually ordered it on July 20th. My bad. Still a long time to wait anyways Maybe Im just impatient. They should know my build date by now though shouldn't they?
Old 9/27/06, 08:05 PM

Wow....after reading the posts on those waiting, I feel very fortunate to have walked into my dealership with my salesman waiting to show me my GT/CS. I had called ahead of time and he had told me about the CS and they had just gotten one in. That was in June. I went in, started her up and drove her home. All I can say is I love driving this car! Manny tranny is the only way to go for me, and I was very fortunate that this car was just that and loaded with all the options.

To those waiting...it is well worth the wait.
Old 9/27/06, 10:23 PM

I ordered mine on August 18th and it arrived today on September 27th. I pick it up tommorrow after its prepped. Your stealership sucks.
Old 10/10/06, 10:16 PM
V6 Member

Question My wait is almost over!

My dealer tells me my Mustang GT/CS will be here around the 18th of October. I suppose the long wait means the car is selling well which tells me I bought the right car. Are there any unhappy owners of the CS so far? I mean so unhappy you would like to sell it. Just curious.
Old 10/10/06, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer tells me my Mustang GT/CS will be here around the 18th of October. I suppose the long wait means the car is selling well which tells me I bought the right car. Are there any unhappy owners of the CS so far? I mean so unhappy you would like to sell it. Just curious.

Did your dealer tell you what your build date is yet? I just spoke to mine and they said my build date will be october 23rd and should be here beginning to mid november. Has anyone heard anything about delays on the 18" wheels? I know someone else on here got the same story. I'm pretty ****ed off about waiting close to 12 weeks before I even heard anything about a build date. I just wanna know more about this wheel rumor before I figure out who to complain to.
Old 10/11/06, 06:24 AM
V6 Member

It seems someone messed up your sale. I ordered my car in early August and was told the invoice went for the build in early September. Now it is due to arrive mid October,
(see above). I believe it normally takes 8 to 10 wks. start to finish. Good luck from Comox, BC.
PS. Can anyone else confirm this time?
Old 10/11/06, 06:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Order date 25 September. 2004, arrival date 19 April, 2005. PDA by dealer and delivery to customer 22 April, 2005.
Old 10/11/06, 09:36 AM
GT Member

It seems someone messed up your sale. I ordered my car in early August and was told the invoice went for the build in early September. Now it is due to arrive mid October,
(see above). I believe it normally takes 8 to 10 wks. start to finish. Good luck from Comox, BC.
PS. Can anyone else confirm this time?
I think more like 10 to 12 weeks for western Canadian orders seems to be the norm. Course living on an island adds at least 4 weeks to your wait..
Old 10/11/06, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:(

Sorry to hear about the long wait. Unfortunately you're not the only one.

I just took delivery of my GT/CS on Saturday October 7. Order date was July 24 and build date was November 18. It took about 3 weeks just for transport. I was going crazy

but it will be worth the wait, I have no regrets neither will you!

Good luck and congrats on the order!
Old 10/11/06, 01:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Vancouver Island ?

Really where from on the Island
You people are up on me I ordered yesterday On Vancouver Island & they told me that they will pull one of thier other lot orders out and stick my order in there to speed it all up, but if we they find the same unit as ordered theyll call and ask want it ? or wait some more my 05 GT took four months from order to delivery. So Im expecting February but if shows in December I"ll truely be shocked !

Quick Reply: I hate waiting!!!!!