2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

I got it today !!

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06, 11:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
Congratulations on the arrival of yours and I wish you all the best with her !

Thanks dblEGT - I'm still having a blast with it - too bad work gets in the way I just clay barred and waxed it tonight - smooth as a baby's behind and super glossy
Old 10/7/06, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd love to see some pics of the front of the car......The GT-CS Front Spoiler specifically!! Thanks, Joe
Old 10/8/06, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

Hi DBL, congrats on your new red devil it looks really sharp with that color combo! I got a question though, you mention IUP in the config you got... but it looks like your shift **** is leather-wrapped. Ford states that a bright shift **** comes with the IUP. What happened?
Attached Thumbnails I got it today !!-p8260004.jpg  
Old 10/9/06, 02:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by R.A.F.A.L.E.
Hi DBL, congrats on your new red devil it looks really sharp with that color combo! I got a question though, you mention IUP in the config you got... but it looks like your shift **** is leather-wrapped. Ford states that a bright shift **** comes with the IUP. What happened?
You are showing me a picture of the Premier Trim Package (PTP) shifter, which is different than IUP. The PTP is not available on the GT/CS, and therefore I got the standard leather-wrapped shifter with the Interior upgrade package (IUP) which is available and I got on my car. The only way to get that nice shifter is to get the PTP, which as stated is not available on the GT/CS.

Hope this helps !
Old 10/9/06, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

Hi DBL, thanks for the feedback. I guess Ford should correct their advertised offering then because as you will see from that screenshot their website clearly states that this bright shift **** comes with the IUP. Thought I would share this as it may confuse more than one.

Cheers and enjoy your new ride!
Attached Thumbnails I got it today !!-untitled1.jpg  
Old 10/10/06, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by R.A.F.A.L.E.
Hi DBL, thanks for the feedback. I guess Ford should correct their advertised offering then because as you will see from that screenshot their website clearly states that this bright shift **** comes with the IUP. Thought I would share this as it may confuse more than one.

Cheers and enjoy your new ride!
If you try to build a GT/CS on the Ford Website and then include PTP, it does not let you do this. Also, the same thing happens building one on Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book (KBB).

I wish it would have been possible because I think it looks real classy !

take care !
Old 10/14/06, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
If you try to build a GT/CS on the Ford Website and then include PTP, it does not let you do this. Also, the same thing happens building one on Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book (KBB).

I wish it would have been possible because I think it looks real classy !

take care !
Ditto on that - I have purchased most of the PTP pieces (pedal covers/accel pedal, shifter bezel trim piece, leather console lid, leather wrapped p-brake handle) through KC anyway - but the dash and armrest pads you can't get without buying the entire dash and door panels - which are just too expensive to justify the cost.
Old 10/15/06, 01:04 PM
GT Member

I played golf at a very exclusive club on Friday (Pelham Country Club in Pelham, NY). My car was parked nearest to the clubhouse. While getting something from my trunk, two gentlemen walked up to me to talk about the GT/CS. They couldn't believe how nice the Redfire color was and asked twice what year was the car. They kept looking at it and checked her out for about a good 10 minutes.

The real funny thing was, when they were done looking at my GT/CS and genuinely gawking, one got into a 2006 Bentley (an absolutely stunning vehicle !) and the other got into a 2006 BMW M5. The Bentley driver actually took out a duster to dust off his car before he drove off. I just thought the whole thing was kind of funny since here these guys are checking out my $35,000 car and they are in $100+ vehicles !! Kinda cool !!
Old 10/15/06, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by slowjoe24
I'd love to see some pics of the front of the car......The GT-CS Front Spoiler specifically!! Thanks, Joe
Here are a few front, hope you don't mind white instead.
Attached Thumbnails I got it today !!-dscn0094.jpg   I got it today !!-dscn0115.jpg  
Old 10/15/06, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slowjoe24
Hope these will help too!
Attached Thumbnails I got it today !!-img_4142.jpg   I got it today !!-img_3177.jpg  
Old 10/15/06, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Here are a few front, hope you don't mind white instead.
In pic two youi mean there is no cover for the rad ? espescially on the busy highways all that truck tire tread lying around , makes me nervous. if that's how they come I'll have to have an insert made up ! thanks for posting them .