2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

How limited are our cs's

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/08, 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
The Bullitt option is like the California Special, an option on a Mustang Premium GT. Ford only plans to make so many Blue ones, so many 5 speeds, so many verts. So to call a Bullitt optioned Mustang GT a limited production is in the eye of the buyer. What makes a limited model? The Shelby GT 500 has been made for 2 years is it a limited model or just an option??? I can find several Bullitt option Mustangs in my area but there are no CS's available. Talking to my Salemans who I brought my CS Mustang from at x-plan sayed he would be happy to sale their Bullitt option Mustang to me at x-plan if I wanted it.

So buy the Mustang you want, don't worry about limited options or Special models. Unless you plan to put the car away for 30 years, they are only worth what a buyer will pay and usally it will be alot less than you pay for it.
The Bullitt is limited because they are only going to produce 7700 of them for the 08 model year and then that is it, and there will be no more Bullitt's produced on the s197 platform.
I live in Canada and only 700 of them are coming this way- THAT is limited.
I don't care about future value- 99.999% of cars lose there value.
Old 2/5/08, 12:52 PM
2&2
GT Member

I have been looking at both 2007 and 2008 GT/CS and 2007 Shelby GT on ebay almost daily for a long time. What I see is at most times, there is about eight Shelby GT's to every one GT/CS when I do the search. Limited or not, I think it will hold value almost as good as the Shelby GT.
Old 2/5/08, 01:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2&2
I have been looking at both 2007 and 2008 GT/CS and 2007 Shelby GT on ebay almost daily for a long time. What I see is at most times, there is about eight Shelby GT's to every one GT/CS when I do the search. Limited or not, I think it will hold value almost as good as the Shelby GT.
While the GT/CS is a great looking car, the fact that it does not have the power/handling upgrades and Shelby mystique, I would think that a GT/CS will not keep pace with the Shelby GT in value - either in the short term, or long term.
Old 2/5/08, 01:26 PM
GT Member

Ive been to all the dealerships in my area in florida many of times since last yr, their are alot of cali's to pick from. ive only seen blue/red/white/black ones tho. Every dealership has shelbys so I dont know. Now that it was brought to my attention I do think cali's are more rare then the shelbys.

Id get the cali for the body kit but I hate the side stripes...id take them off and put the GT badges on the fenders instead. Anyone with a cali take the stripes off ?? I was wondering if the fenders on the cali's have the holes for the fender badges to go into like the GT's do ?
Old 2/5/08, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool No Fender holes

No holes in the fenders Ms."S"! We know this, because both of the original GT/CS stripes had not been applied right on CalStang. So our great dealership hired an auto graphics guy to come to their shop and install a new set correctly. I was allowed to stand there in the paint shop and watch him do both the removal and the installs. The body looked so very clean with no stripes! Almost hated to have him put the new graphics back on CalStang. But got over that bit of crazyness and now wouldn't have it any other way. Except that you sharp eyed Kats, have now noticed, that we did pull off the little front fender stripes, to clean up the body lines. That change stays for now. And yes, we do have spare front pieces, if we ever want to put it back to stock again! "RC"
Attached Thumbnails How limited are our cs's-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs.jpg  
Old 3/25/08, 05:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no holes ,

I have the only Black 2007 GT/CS in my county in south Mississippi,and one of only 2 in South Mississippi,with a 2008 GT/CS one month after mine,same Ford dealer,I see GT's all day but the GT/CS's are few in number,the Black GT/CS looks better with out the stripe ,the stripe should have been Gold or Silver,on a Black GT/CS,with the GT/CS you get the Shelby look ,with out the Shelby price,the GT/CS is alot better car on the inside,
Old 3/25/08, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I well I am sure there will be thousands of GT/CS Mustangs built from 2007 - 2009. I know just by googling dealers for the last week or so there are hundreds of cars on the lots waiting to be sold. My best guess there may be 7,000 to 8,000 total so far.
Old 3/28/08, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
No holes in the fenders Ms."S"! We know this, because both of the original GT/CS stripes had not been applied right on CalStang. So our great dealership hired an auto graphics guy to come to their shop and install a new set correctly. I was allowed to stand there in the paint shop and watch him do both the removal and the installs. The body looked so very clean with no stripes! Almost hated to have him put the new graphics back on CalStang. But got over that bit of crazyness and now wouldn't have it any other way. Except that you sharp eyed Kats, have now noticed, that we did pull off the little front fender stripes, to clean up the body lines. That change stays for now. And yes, we do have spare front pieces, if we ever want to put it back to stock again! "RC"
I have to admit I have thought about removing those small pieces on the front fender, it really makes the car look cleaner to me.
Old 4/1/08, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Front Fender

Originally Posted by Starfire
I have to admit I have thought about removing those small pieces on the front fender, it really makes the car look cleaner to me.
I took off the small front fender vinyl pieces. The car has a cleaner look.
Attached Thumbnails How limited are our cs's-08stang1.jpg  
Old 4/1/08, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

hey guys,

for those of us who have an '08, does that add to the potential future collectibility? 08 is the 40th anniversary of the CS/GT...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...8&d=1207090052
Old 4/1/08, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hard to say but I would don't think it will.
Old 4/1/08, 08:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to NADA the CS package (on an 07 with 10k miles) is between $1050 and $1175 add up, This was orginanly a $1895 package. not bad for holding value so far concidering what kind of hit a car takes when coming off the lot.

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...&z=63050&da=-1