2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

How limited are our cs's

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/08, 10:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffvistagtcs
Black may be faster then orange, but blue corners better......
But Candy Apple is stickier!

.........and I have seen the 2010 Mustang. Not quite as retro as ours, but really really nice.
Can you tell us anything about it? Are the photochopped versions being posted anywhere close to what it looks like?
Old 1/28/08, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
But Candy Apple is stickier!

Can you tell us anything about it? Are the photochopped versions being posted anywhere close to what it looks like?

Lets just say the Giugiano Concept has the overall look.......Normal doors, different back end..........
Old 1/28/08, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Water_Junky
That is also because GO was not available in the CS until the 2008 run.

Terry
They had a few 2007 in Grabber Orange...but late in Job 2....
Old 1/28/08, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Thanks for the offer!

Mr. Jeff: Thanks for the X-plan offer! But as a recent retiring design engineer for a very large Class-1 corporation, that is a major shipper for FoMoCo, already enjoying that great X-plan perk! Thanks for the unknown feedback on the Stang drivetrain also. A 2009 C/S would be great with me! Hope that they will come with the new Sync system option. We had a demo at the new car show. Very cool option! Lastly. We have four adult children. They all drive newer Fords! Momma wants to down size her big SUV to a Escape Hybrid, Have two sons, they drive an Escape and a F-150. Also Two Daughters, who drive an Escape and a Fusion. And you know what model I drive. A Ford family here for sure! Heard a new rumor about a possible future Fusion Hybrid too! That would be a great car to go up against the Toys out there! My daughter just loves her new Fusion! A very excellent vehicle design. "RC"
Old 1/28/08, 03:43 PM
GT Member

When I bought my2008 Candy Apple C/S here in Orlando there were over 12 on the lots of the three dealers I went to.Had my pick of colors and options.Mine listed $31,215.He said make me an offer I said $28,000. He said ok right away, should have said $27,000.I have only seen two others since then [3 months] A white, black and a vapor .Hey any of you guys with 08's have a strut bar with the intake cove? I can"t find one that fits.
Old 1/28/08, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by xtoolmaker
When I bought my2008 Candy Apple C/S here in Orlando there were over 12 on the lots of the three dealers I went to.Had my pick of colors and options.Mine listed $31,215.He said make me an offer I said $28,000. He said ok right away, should have said $27,000.I have only seen two others since then [3 months] A white, black and a vapor .Hey any of you guys with 08's have a strut bar with the intake cove? I can"t find one that fits.
GT/CS don't come in vapor.
Old 1/28/08, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lets just say the Giugiano Concept has the overall look.......Normal doors, different back end..........

That sucks!!!!! I hated that thing. Hopefully better in person. If I wanted a ricer I'd buy one.
Old 1/28/08, 04:30 PM
GT Member

It sure looked like vapor could have been silver or someone who added the side stripe to a GT I only saw it for a second on the other side of 95 near Daytona.
Old 1/28/08, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Production GT/CS Option 54C 2008MY

The Ford 2008MY Market and Mix Recommendations list the GT California Special (54C) option, retail mix as 5% of total production for all 2008 Mustangs. In my area of Annapolis, Maryland I have not seen another Cal Special, yet !
Old 1/28/08, 05:20 PM
GT Member

It sure looked like vapor could have been silver or someone who added the side stripe to a GT I only saw it for a second on the other side of 95 near Daytona.
Could have been a California Special wannabee........
Old 1/28/08, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey any of you guys with 08's have a strut bar with the intake cover? I can"t find one that fits.
Hiya,
I don't have an '08 but I have the OEM plenum cover. Assuming you are the same, you might look at this strut brace:

http://www.strangedevelopment.com/ST...-060901-EC.htm

Old 1/28/08, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

I understand it is limited. Can't find my notes right now, as I recall it's limited to something like 8000 - 8500 units
Old 1/28/08, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Thanks Emu Hunter but I need someone with a 2008 I have tried three diff. braces they all hit big time, even lowered the cover.Have you gone to Ggrabberorange.com. Shift ball in your color if your manual.
Old 1/28/08, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
This was in the Ford 2007 model year review document posted on BlueOvalNews back in 2006...
Attached Thumbnails How limited are our cs's-07my_ford_job1_resize.jpg  
Old 1/28/08, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

It's not a limited car like the Bullitt. The Bullitt is a one year model run of 7700 cars. The GT/CS will be produced for probably 3 model years. There really not a very hard car to find. And you can't believe anything the dealers tell you- they have no clue about what they are selling and are always trying to convince you to buy now or miss your chance.

But the bottomline is still- do you enjoy this car? That is all that matters and all you should care about when you turn that key!
Old 1/29/08, 05:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Mr. Jeff: Thanks for the X-plan offer! But as a recent retiring design engineer for a very large Class-1 corporation, that is a major shipper for FoMoCo, already enjoying that great X-plan perk! Thanks for the unknown feedback on the Stang drivetrain also. A 2009 C/S would be great with me! Hope that they will come with the new Sync system option. We had a demo at the new car show. Very cool option! Lastly. We have four adult children. They all drive newer Fords! Momma wants to down size her big SUV to a Escape Hybrid, Have two sons, they drive an Escape and a F-150. Also Two Daughters, who drive an Escape and a Fusion. And you know what model I drive. A Ford family here for sure! Heard a new rumor about a possible future Fusion Hybrid too! That would be a great car to go up against the Toys out there! My daughter just loves her new Fusion! A very excellent vehicle design. "RC"
Thanks for buying all those Fords! Yes, Fusion goes hybrid the end of the year........
Old 1/29/08, 10:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gt/cs08
GT/CS don't come in vapor.
When this was talked about before about what the GT/CS was, I went to my guy at Berge here in Mesa and asked him if they could put the CS appearance package on any Mustang GT? HIs exact words were we can do any color you want, we can get the parts, paint them and install the seat covers. $2500, more than the factory option but not everyone only wants the same color Mustang, and me I just did what they should have done.. Before any GTCS was at the dealer here!
Old 1/29/08, 04:43 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
It's not a limited car like the Bullitt. The Bullitt is a one year model run of 7700 cars. The GT/CS will be produced for probably 3 model years. There really not a very hard car to find. And you can't believe anything the dealers tell you- they have no clue about what they are selling and are always trying to convince you to buy now or miss your chance.

But the bottomline is still- do you enjoy this car? That is all that matters and all you should care about when you turn that key!

The Bullitt option is like the California Special, an option on a Mustang Premium GT. Ford only plans to make so many Blue ones, so many 5 speeds, so many verts. So to call a Bullitt optioned Mustang GT a limited production is in the eye of the buyer. What makes a limited model? The Shelby GT 500 has been made for 2 years is it a limited model or just an option??? I can find several Bullitt option Mustangs in my area but there are no CS's available. Talking to my Salemans who I brought my CS Mustang from at x-plan sayed he would be happy to sale their Bullitt option Mustang to me at x-plan if I wanted it.

So buy the Mustang you want, don't worry about limited options or Special models. Unless you plan to put the car away for 30 years, they are only worth what a buyer will pay and usally it will be alot less than you pay for it.
Old 1/29/08, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dly
So buy the Mustang you want, don't worry about limited options or Special models. Unless you plan to put the car away for 30 years, they are only worth what a buyer will pay and usally it will be alot less than you pay for it.
+1
Old 1/29/08, 04:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 GT/CS did not surpass the 8,750 unit capacity. I've heard that it was comfortably less than that. The wheels were the biggest constraint in getting orders through, as the 64W (18" polished Bullitts) were in short supply. 2008 GT/CS may have a recommended mix of 5%, but there are absolutely no constraints from Ford for a dealer who wishes to order more. We've sold more than 20 GT/CS's and I just ordered 4 more this week for our store (all orders accepted, pulled, and scheduled immediately!). No longer a limited build, but a very nice car none-the-less!

Quick Reply: How limited are our cs's