2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

How limited are our cs's

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/08, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How limited are our cs's

I know there has been other post in regards to the number of our cars, but im just baffled at how many of these there is, I boutght my car because it stands out from a GT and is supposed to be of "limited production". I live just about 40 miles south of Atlanta and drive about 25 miles each way every day to this day I have counted 10 diferent GT/CS in the area

3 white coupes including mine
1 white conv
2 blue coupes
2 black coupes
1 black conv
1 red coupe
to add to that there is 3 GT 500

so does anyone know if there is ever going to be production numbers on our cars
Old 1/27/08, 11:24 AM
GT Member

The GT/CS is not a limited package. Ford will produce as many as people order. It is just a very expensive GT appearance package.
Old 1/27/08, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Just can't agree with some of that!

Sorry Mr. Jeff, but I just have to disagree with some of your statement. The GT/CS is a limited option package, based on availability of the sum of the parts to make same. Being that the Shelby GT body packages share about 80 percent of the same parts as the GT/CS option, than the run is sized to allow these parts to be availible for both versions. Sources now indicate that the 2007 run for GT/CS's were some where between 4K to 7K units built. Ford is just not releasing any of that info on these at this time. The 2008 production numbers? As Jeff said. It is a just a GT appearance package after all. But a very sweet looking option to own!

Relative to saying that it is a very expensive GT package. Lets look at the facts. Ford says the MSRP GT California Package price is currently $1,895. At first it seems like a lot. But do a vehicle build for a GT and add the cost of these wheels and tires. Ouch! Now that leaves about $1,000 cost for all the other extras like the custom two tone leather seating and interior trim colors, the side scoops, the unique front lower and rear body fascia pieces, the rolled exhaust tips, the badging, the stripes and also its a C/S (resale). Try to order, paint and install all of these various parts to a GT in order to clone a GT/CS and the point is now very clear. Lots of very nice for a good price. Be happy, you did real well getting these! GT/CS's will forever be a little something extra in the future. We like all the new S197 Stangs out there. We are all luck dogs after all Mustang Gang!!

P.S. Hear in the Midwest, we have only seen seven of the C/S's in over a year of watching for them out there! Oh. Plus three in the dealerships and our own CalStang of course. Enjoy!! "RC"
Old 1/27/08, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by omendez
I know there has been other post in regards to the number of our cars, but im just baffled at how many of these there is, I boutght my car because it stands out from a GT and is supposed to be of "limited production". I live just about 40 miles south of Atlanta and drive about 25 miles each way every day to this day I have counted 10 diferent GT/CS in the area

3 white coupes including mine
1 white conv
2 blue coupes
2 black coupes
1 black conv
1 red coupe
to add to that there is 3 GT 500

so does anyone know if there is ever going to be production numbers on our cars
I have never seen another GT/CS in Grabber Orange in person here in the KC area....there are always a lot of whites and blues....but GO seems to be the rarest color....
Old 1/27/08, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Orange brings it to Da House woooo hoooo!!
Old 1/27/08, 04:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The dealer here in Mesa has 5 CS/GT's on the lot as we speak 2 verts 1 white 1 black, and a white, red, and orange coupe. Thats what the dealer ordered in the last go round.
Old 1/27/08, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys drive and enjoy your cars, there are too many being produced. Just take care of it! I thought the same thing about the 83-88 T-birds anf Cougers............. just try to find one of those in great shape
Old 1/27/08, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
I have never seen another GT/CS in Grabber Orange in person here in the KC area....there are always a lot of whites and blues....but GO seems to be the rarest color....
There is a reason for that
Old 1/27/08, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
There is a reason for that
...and what would that reason be?
Old 1/27/08, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Many people think orange is a ugly color for a car.
Old 1/27/08, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Many people think orange is a ugly color for a car.

I pity those people....The first time I saw an Grabber Orange Boss 302, I was hooked on mustangs...
Old 1/27/08, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree GO does nothing for me.
Old 1/27/08, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Sorry Mr. Jeff, but I just have to disagree with some of your statement. The GT/CS is a limited option package, based on availability of the sum of the parts to make same. Being that the Shelby GT body packages share about 80 percent of the same parts as the GT/CS option, than the run is sized to allow these parts to be availible for both versions. Sources now indicate that the 2007 run for GT/CS's were some where between 4K to 7K units built. Ford is just not releasing any of that info on these at this time. The 2008 production numbers? As Jeff said. It is a just a GT appearance package after all. But a very sweet looking option to own!

Relative to saying that it is a very expensive GT package. Lets look at the facts. Ford says the MSRP GT California Package price is currently $1,895. At first it seems like a lot. But do a vehicle build for a GT and add the cost of these wheels and tires. Ouch! Now that leaves about $1,000 cost for all the other extras like the custom two tone leather seating and interior trim colors, the side scoops, the unique front lower and rear body fascia pieces, the rolled exhaust tips, the badging, the stripes and also its a C/S (resale). Try to order, paint and install all of these various parts to a GT in order to clone a GT/CS and the point is now very clear. Lots of very nice for a good price. Be happy, you did real well getting these! GT/CS's will forever be a little something extra in the future. We like all the new S197 Stangs out there. We are all luck dogs after all Mustang Gang!!

P.S. Hear in the Midwest, we have only seen seven of the C/S's in over a year of watching for them out there! Oh. Plus three in the dealerships and our own CalStang of course. Enjoy!! "RC"

The GT/CS is NOT a "limited" edition Mustang. It is not limited to 7000 or 4000 or any number. It is true that Ford can only produce as many GT/CS's as the parts they have on hand for that model, but that is true for any car being produced. Just because they don't produce many GT/CS's does not make a limited run. The reason that the GT/CS is not produces in high volumes is simply the price tax. Most people won't pay the very high sticker price. They would rather have a $26,000 mustang GT. The reason the dealers "typically" don't order these is simply the cost of having them sit on their lots. I have a GT/CS for this exact reason. I love the way the car looks! I am willing to pay the extra for the GT/CS goodies. I love the fact that even here in Detroit, I don't see many GT/CS's. I have yet to see another Vista Blue. I know they produces less GT/CS's than Shelbys....how cool is that?

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the Cali Special, I am just telling all of you that the car is not limited to some number per year like the shelbys, Shelby GT, Mystics, Bullitts, and Machs.
Old 1/27/08, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

...and what would that reason be?
Black GT/CS's are faster than the orange ones also
Old 1/27/08, 07:40 PM
GT Member

Black may be faster then orange, but blue corners better......
Old 1/27/08, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to say after Black my favorites are Vista, and Perf White
Old 1/27/08, 08:18 PM
V6 Member

That is also because GO was not available in the CS until the 2008 run.

Terry
Old 1/28/08, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Hum. Interesting theories?

Mr. Jeff: Some very interesting theories you offer. But when we were shopping for a new C/S last summer, we asked three different dealerships why the had no units to look at on the floor or their lots. Their answer was. The Dealerships were are only allowed so many C/S's, based on their annual Mustang sales volume. They also stated that this was because of Ford's limited first year production run for this option package! Go figure? Had they all lied to us on this info? They also offered to do some Midwest area computer searchs, to find an unsold white coupe for us, but no luck there! We were just about ready to do a dealer build order on a 2008 C/S. When we found this Stang. The original party who had pre-ordered our C/S, then cancelled out on it, just after it arrived at the dealership! Our dumb luck!!

And far as a very expensive C/S purchase price. We bought the CalStang for $27,800 and some change. Plus a few hundred bucks, for some dealer installed FoMoCo add ons. Our Stang also has a 5-speed, Fanblades, Sirius and some nice options on it too. And we couldn't be happier with that price! Sure hope that you paid a good price for yours also Bro!
Old 1/28/08, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Oops! My Bad!!

Humble pie time Jeff! Make mine Cherry! Just looked up Mr. Jeff's public profile. So he's one of Ford's design Engineer guys! I too, am a design engineer (not autos), who recently took a very early retirement!! So the dealers don't really know everything that they are talking about out there! Good to know that, because my wife is very interested in the 2008 Escape Hybrid SUV's. Now I don't know if I can really trust all the claims they are making on this newer revised design package! Thanks, if you had any part in the newer Stang design! We really love CalStang!! One more thing. One engineer to another. Why did Ford design that loud and clunky rear drive train suspension and the two piece drive shaft assembly? Power damping? I know that some of it comes from the clunky 5-speed tranny. This is the only thing that I really hate on our Stang. Makes it sound cheap and noisy when ever you shift! I will mod this area with some after market parts to try and quite it up some. One more thing Jeff. We saw one of the very first prototype Mustang's on display at a new car show in Omaha during January 2003, I believe. It was a Legend Lime Green Metallic V-6 coupe unit with white Mustang stripes on the lower sides. As soon as I saw it, I was in love with the new retro body style and knew we would get one after they had been out there for a while!! "Stangs Forever" "RC"
Old 1/28/08, 09:11 AM
GT Member

I do work for Ford, but not on the Mustang program (they are upstairs). I work on trucks. If you want a little extra money off the Escape you might be buy send me a PM and I can help out a bit with the Ford X-plan. I am always trying to sell a new Ford to someone! I don't know the reasoning for the two-piece drive shaft. When I worked on the Crown Vic police program, they needed a two-piece drive shaft to prevent high speed vibration. I also have heard whispers of a 09' Cali Special.........and I have seen the 2010 Mustang. Not quite as retro as ours, but really really nice.

Quick Reply: How limited are our cs's