2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Exhaust difference?

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/06, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCSblack
Wow thanks a lot for the help. Everyone on here seems quite nice compared to some other boards I've been on. Now would I have to ship it to a local shop around here to install it. Could a ford dealership put that on? Oh also, is it loud down neighborhood streets? I live in a fairly, no a Very conservative neighborhood where these people will call the cops if your car is too loud going down the street. Thanks again.

Kevin - it's not obnoxious at all - but it does let folks know that you are running a V8 under the hood. You can still drive it mellow and keep it almost as quiet as stock - but when you get a bit more agressive - it comes alive. Kind of reminds me of how the late model F bodies sounded - not exactly but nice note w/o being obnoxious......if you want to hear it PM me and I'll go through the cold start cycle and hold the phone near so you can hear it
Old 11/29/06, 10:13 AM

Give the exhaust system a chance to break in. At 4000 miles it is quite mellow while cruising and louder if you stand on it. When I first got it I thought I maght want to change something but I like it now. I have the GTappearance pakage so the rolled tips are included.
Old 11/29/06, 11:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
the tips being rolled even look a tad better than the ones that I bought for my 05 GT
Old 11/29/06, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Those rolled tips do look nicer than the ones I got for my 05 GT , I can't wait for the GT/CS but not while its snowing as I'd only be able to just sit in it and crank the tunes and pretend to drive, sad huh ?
Old 11/30/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
Give the exhaust system a chance to break in. At 4000 miles it is quite mellow while cruising and louder if you stand on it. When I first got it I thought I maght want to change something but I like it now. I have the GTappearance pakage so the rolled tips are included.

Wendy - nice looking redfire vert!! The stock pipes do sound better with miles on them....but that little 3" pipe in that hugh rear valence cutout - just looks wrong to me.....I think the 4" dual walled tips are worth the upgrade alone and the sound is an added bonus
Old 11/30/06, 09:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
Wendy your red vert is the first I've seen. The avatar looks great but do you have any posts with pictures of the Mustang. If not and you decide to maybe you would take photos of the inside as well. Thanks.