2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Crap Dents

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/07, 03:41 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Crap Dents

well a beautiful day here in Northern Indiana today, hi 40"s and sunny. Debating on driving my car into work or just leave it in the Garage. Wife asks me to move car so she can get at some funiture that was put in there to make move for the Christmas tree and now it is down. So I decide to drive my car in if I got to move it. A big Gravel truck passes me going the other way and bang a rock goes across my hood. 2 deep dents all the way to bare metal. Crap . Called the Insurance co. It's going to cost me $100 for my deductable. Going to the Dealer in the morning for the estimate.
But the funny thing is I'm not mad. I figure things happen and I want to drive my car and not just store it away. It will get fixed and I'll keep driving it.
Old 1/3/07, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dly
well a beautiful day here in Northern Indiana today, hi 40"s and sunny. Debating on driving my car into work or just leave it in the Garage. Wife asks me to move car so she can get at some funiture that was put in there to make move for the Christmas tree and now it is down. So I decide to drive my car in if I got to move it. A big Gravel truck passes me going the other way and bang a rock goes across my hood. 2 deep dents all the way to bare metal. Crap . Called the Insurance co. It's going to cost me $100 for my deductable. Going to the Dealer in the morning for the estimate.
But the funny thing is I'm not mad. I figure things happen and I want to drive my car and not just store it away. It will get fixed and I'll keep driving it.
Maybe it's a "sign" to put a California Dream Ram Air Hood on... IMO, the best looking hood made for the Mustang .
Old 1/3/07, 04:02 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What did the owner of the truck company say? I'm assuming you went and got the phone number off the truck, or at the very least this license plate number. ?
Old 1/3/07, 04:15 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
What did the owner of the truck company say? I'm assuming you went and got the phone number off the truck, or at the very least this license plate number. ?

He's going 60mph one way and I'm going 60mph the other. By the time I stop and see the damage and turn away, there are 3 intersections with major hiways going both north and south and then another going east and west. no I didn't even try, the police would just say Call your insurance they will fix.
Old 1/3/07, 07:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Its all the wife's fault now make her fell guilty till she gives you a little something
Old 1/3/07, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh, I feel your pain. My wife and I took a 250 mile road trip to her parents over the holiday. When I go to show off the Mustang to her dad wouldn't you know it but there are two fresh rock chips on the hood. Luckly they only got down to the base coat. Funny thing is we never heard them hit. But, I guess it's easy to miss when you are going 70 in a down pour.

BTW, does anyone else have white as their basecoat?
Old 1/3/07, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It happens But sometimes if your ears are twitching or the hair on the back of your neck is up Maybe just say right now is perhaps Not a good time Hunny and kiss her too.
Old 1/5/07, 07:08 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

The Ford dealer put out a estimate of $375 to fix it. Insurance say go ahead but I'll have to get the 1st $100. It goes in next week.
Old 1/5/07, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Darrel your sig says GM locomotive.You really have one of those? Isnt that the one that went for huge $$ at Barret last year or the year prior?
Old 1/5/07, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dly
Darrel - I feel for you....your situation brings up the age old debate daily driver or garage queen...we all put so much work into keeping our Mustangs looking sharp - not to mention time spent customizing them....sometimes I find myself falling into trap of driving my truck rather than dirty up the Mustang - which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a Mustang. Hope your fix is quick and quality Also, have you thought about not claiming it against your insurance....some companies will hold it against you and raise your rates or if you have a second claim within 3 yrs. your rates will increase 10% - 20%....
Old 1/5/07, 04:16 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

The GM Locomotive is what I drive at work for my job at the Steel Mill. It's a switching engine with a 1000 hp diesel powering a Electrical generator and has a final drive like 23.50 to 1. I'll see if I still have some pictures on my laptop, if not I got them at home.

Talk to my Insurance co and they said that this claim would not hurt my standing with them.