2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Coffee Cans

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 12:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
never quite understood how a car with an exhaust that is 1 1/4" diameter would benefit from being widened to 6 7/8" in the last half foot
Old 1/24/07, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
ricers blow..........If you can't afford a hot rod you just have to accept it and make it a personal goal to get one if you really want one.........Before I bought my 07 Mustang GT I had a 4 cyl Grand AM......Is that a hot rod????....Maybe If I try to act like it's a hot rod people we'll start to think it's one????.......yeah, it doesn't work that way.......Let's face it guys, We're at war with the ricers........It's our jobs to demoralize kids with ricers every chance we get....From blowing their doors in racing to just yelling out, "Nice car buddy" while we drive by......pull no punches...
Old 1/24/07, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hp246
Hey,
At least these kids have a will to learn. Rather than B**** about em, why don't ya take one of em aside, and show em how its really done? Yeah, they drive obnoxiously sometimes. You probably never did that right?
I am not judging anyone. If they are willing to learn, then I am willing to show them. I have done that already with some of the teens in town. I also agree that there are a lot of kids out there that just don't respect other people nor their property. Especially tailgating!!! I had one tailgate me for two miles the other day, I even pulled over into the slow lane, so he could pass me and he pulled in behind me and still tailgated me! That is what I am talking about, no respect at all. Of course, that is when I got a little upset and pulled into the fast lane and said goodbye!!! It would have been a speeding ticket worth getting if I had been caught! That was the only obnoxious driving I did that day! LOL.
Old 1/24/07, 01:32 PM
V6 Member

For me it is more of a respect issue and common sense. The other night I was driving home on the highway, it was raining so I was taking it easy since (going about 75mph in Central Florida is slow)and it is my first time driving a car/rear wheel drive in about 18 years and I am in a downpour. I have had trucks for most of my driving experience. So I am just taking my time driving and a Camaro pulls up right next to me. It is a new car for this driver, I am assmuning it because of the temp plate he has on his car. I am right now in my "I just got out of work and I am in daze moment" and he is trying to get me going. I just ignore him and so I guess during his moment of brilliance he floors it during this rain storm. Well guess what happens next? He fishtales and almost hits me because of the rain.
Old 1/24/07, 09:26 PM
GT Member

07 GTS,
Sorry my statements weren't really aimed at you. I absolutely agree with you on thse points. It was more aimed at the individuals who ignore these kids just cause they drive "ricers".
Old 1/25/07, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hp246
07 GTS,
Sorry my statements weren't really aimed at you. I absolutely agree with you on thse points. It was more aimed at the individuals who ignore these kids just cause they drive "ricers".
No worries, just good conversation.
Old 1/25/07, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

It's all about perception. When some of these kids get that muffler, and hear that sound, it makes em get noticed. That's what they want. take a look at my avatar. I can't count the number of times my truck has been mistaken for a Harley ed. because of that medalion. Especially by guys driving so called "hemi" trucks. I'll confess that I've run a few of them from stop lights. I've got a CAI and Superchips tuner program and have pulled on some of them, and been smoked by a few others. But here's my main point; I always look at the other guy first. If he looks like a responsible adult, I'll go with him. To a point. If it's a ricer, I ignore them. If they're tailgaiting, I grab my cell phone and make a show of making a 911 call. That usually gets rid of them. You really have to be carefull in my state of Washington, because if an officer stamps your ticket with his "aggressive driving" stamp you're going to pay a huge premium. Not worth the risk really.

Still counting the days for my Vista Blue beauty!!!
Old 1/28/07, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

We call them ricers.