2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Coffee Cans

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/07, 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coffee Cans

What's with the cofee cans wanting to race every time they see my CS. BTW, coffee cans is what I call those cars that have that huge baffleless mufflers sticking out the back. They are typicaly Hondas and other small cars. They make a lot of noise, but have no power and they always want to mess with me.
Old 1/22/07, 06:42 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07gtcs
What's with the cofee cans wanting to race every time they see my CS. BTW, coffee cans is what I call those cars that have that huge baffleless mufflers sticking out the back. They are typicaly Hondas and other small cars. They make a lot of noise, but have no power and they always want to mess with me.
I know what you mean. I live near UCF and it happens all the time. Last week it happend on 417 going over Lake Jessup and well lets say he just disapeared in the rear view mirror.
Old 1/22/07, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Lot of that here in SoCal too....I just ignore 'em and eventually they go away
Old 1/22/07, 07:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

haha, come to jersey and take a look at them all. They are all over the place!
Old 1/22/07, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

What I don't understand is that as far as performance goes, they are loosing power instead of gaining...unless they can beef-up the intake that huge muffler is not going to do jack. IMO, that is what Carlos Mencia calls "dee dee dee".
Old 1/22/07, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Just once I'd like to see a "Sanka" sticker mixed in with all those ricer vinyls
Old 1/22/07, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Lot of that here in SoCal too....I just ignore 'em and eventually they go away
I tried ingoring a Civic coffee can this morning and we ended up neck to neck at a red light. He had been tailgating me for miles. I let him go to see if he was going to punch it, and he did...I punched it and passed him in seconds, I stayed at 65 (speed limit is 55) and then I hear him screaming behind me, passed me so he was probably doing well over 90 when I saw the lights come on a trooper car. I'm sure he won that race
Old 1/22/07, 11:22 AM
GT Member

We call them "fart cans" over here in MD.
Old 1/22/07, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Same here in Pittsburgh and they're everywhere... My Flows scared them... My Stingers will cause them to pee themselves...
Old 1/22/07, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Same here in Pittsburgh and they're everywhere... My Flows scared them... My Stingers will cause them to pee themselves...
LOL
Old 1/22/07, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, SteelTownStang: I got the Flows now and it is my turn to have a little fun!! I actually had one pull up to me today and they just gave me a and did not want any part of me. Just the way it ought to be, he knew he was beat and accepted it. Gotta love it!
Old 1/22/07, 03:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by NJJOE
Well, SteelTownStang: I got the Flows now and it is my turn to have a little fun!! I actually had one pull up to me today and they just gave me a and did not want any part of me. Just the way it ought to be, he knew he was beat and accepted it. Gotta love it!
Oh yeah... You've got the sound now
Old 1/22/07, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh yeah... You've got the sound now
See, that's what I'm talking about...having the sound with something to back it up. Not a few beans in a coffee can rattling all over the place
Old 1/22/07, 04:53 PM
GT Member

LOL. You guys are a hoot. Sorry, I guess I'm an old timer, but I still remember the say when it wasn't rice burners, but anyone who had a loud exhaust and big white letter tires on their cars that were talked down about. Or, they wore bell bottoms and long hair. Common guys, I've gotten into this same argument in my car club. Yeah, I personally wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things. But, I rather support the young guy who is doing remarkable things with those little engines, rather than have them playing supernintendo or some other such nonsense.
Old 1/22/07, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
In CA we call them "fart cans" or "fart cannons" - you can buy them at kiosks in the malls, along with other useless ricer "bling" items like park-bench wings, neon Honda logos, etc...

It's all :gay: !!!

I'd rather the punks stay at home and play with nintendo rather than buzz me with their lawnmower-sounding engines. They have no sense of humor either - once I asked a ricer if he heard a loud BEE buzzing around, he gave me the finger. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Old 1/23/07, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hp246
LOL. You guys are a hoot. Sorry, I guess I'm an old timer, but I still remember the say when it wasn't rice burners, but anyone who had a loud exhaust and big white letter tires on their cars that were talked down about. Or, they wore bell bottoms and long hair. Common guys, I've gotten into this same argument in my car club. Yeah, I personally wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things. But, I rather support the young guy who is doing remarkable things with those little engines, rather than have them playing supernintendo or some other such nonsense.
The only reason I dislike them is that they have no common sense. I mean, I'm always being tail gated by the little buzzers...and I always see them doing stupid line changes waiting for disaster to happen. I do admire some of the things they've done with those little engines, but I swear that 99% of them just have a muffler, cut-down springs and nothing else.
Old 1/23/07, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
At least in the Fast N Furious Vin Diesel still had a love for some good old American Muscle not a Ford but some awe inspiring power ! Priorities , Too each our own , I think I should get a Vroom box for a joke
Old 1/23/07, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Hey,
At least these kids have a will to learn. Rather than B**** about em, why don't ya take one of em aside, and show em how its really done? Yeah, they drive obnoxiously sometimes. You problaby never did that right?
Old 1/23/07, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
At least in the Fast N Furious Vin Diesel still had a love for some good old American Muscle not a Ford but some awe inspiring power ! Priorities , Too each our own , I think I should get a Vroom box for a joke
Dont forget the Lightning for parts delivery
Old 1/23/07, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hp246
Hey,
At least these kids have a will to learn. Rather than B**** about em, why don't ya take one of em aside, and show em how its really done? Yeah, they drive obnoxiously sometimes. You problaby never did that right?
Everyone has a will to learn. It's all about education and these kids are not being educated to respect others. To them it's all a game, and it's about standing out. Yes, I did some stupid things as a kid. However, I never disrespected others the way these kids do it. Now, I admit that I'm generalizing and I'm pretty sure that there are some great kids out there with great values...they are just trying to fit in.

This thread was simply created to air out my morning experiences with these kids. To be honest, the only thing that bothers me is the tail gaiting. There is no way you can have a quick enough reaction if I have to suddenly stop in a heart beat. Simply put, my GT/CS will be rear ended and that would really chap my hide.

Quick Reply: Coffee Cans