2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Cloth or vinyl roof

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/06, 10:04 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloth or vinyl roof

Plaese can someone tell me is it possable to order a cloth roof in the black or the parchment? If so do you have the order code as on the ford site it only gives the choice of black vinyl or parchment vinyl. I'm sure i have seen a number of threads that say they have the cloth roof, one i think said they payed $300 for it.
Ford do not import this car into the UK so I can not nip down to a dealer to check out. And I what to make sure I get the right order. I know Vista Blue with auto trans GT conv at the moment. The interior I thing will be Black/ Dove because my wife whats a black roof.
Old 8/29/06, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Assume you are getting in the US - but in Canada, the cloth roof is available in black only (you cannot get a parchment cloth roof).
Old 8/29/06, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Order code is (86C) for Black Cloth Convertible Roof. Retail Price - $230, Invoice - $200 (US)
Old 8/29/06, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Order code is (86C) for Black Cloth Convertible Roof. Retail Price - $230, Invoice - $200 (US)

Ah Joe you beat me to it Since I'm out of fresh things to say and still have over 5 weeks to go....this is the only outlet I have left on the forum.....I know I'm getting pathetic
Old 8/30/06, 03:17 AM
V6 Member

Thank you for quick answers. Yes I will be buying in the USA because the speedo will be in miles and not km, it just makes it easier to register in the UK
Old 10/10/06, 05:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I almost selected the cloth today when I placed my order pro's it looks great /richer appearance and all but if a bird lays a big turd it'll be a bugger to get out without fuzzing up the top where as the vinal should be easier. so I chose vinal.
Old 10/12/06, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I almost selected the cloth today when I placed my order pro's it looks great /richer appearance and all but if a bird lays a big turd it'll be a bugger to get out without fuzzing up the top where as the vinal should be easier. so I chose vinal.

Well Ed.....don't just tease us - what did you order I had the vinyl on my '00 GT vert and just got the '07 GT/CS with the cloth - I really like it and since it's my garage baby the cloth should hold up pretty well for me.
Old 10/13/06, 06:24 AM
V6 Member

What do you feed the local wildlife round your way?

If a bird does miss take my cloth roof for a Jap import then just let it dry and brush it off with a dry brush.
Old 10/14/06, 06:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Order

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Well Ed.....don't just tease us - what did you order I had the vinyl on my '00 GT vert and just got the '07 GT/CS with the cloth - I really like it and since it's my garage baby the cloth should hold up pretty well for me.
Ok so today I met this lady in a parking lot that had a new Camero that had a Black Cloth top so I offered to buy so we went in and had a lenghty disscusion on her cloth I then went straight to the dealer and signed the order sheet and they will submit it well not fast enough, they'll yank one of thiers and get mine in so I will no diddly for about four Frakin weeks now, that's gonna hurt. 2007 GT/CS - IUP - Gt appearance pack - cloth top, with - Performance White with black stripe - black wth dove heated trimed seats - Active Anti Theft - Comfort Group. I'm sure thers more some where ? I'm not sure on tire brand ? on comes in the GT/CS thing saying its .235/50/ZR18
Attached Thumbnails Cloth or vinyl roof-smokin-.jpg   Cloth or vinyl roof-smokin-4.jpg   Cloth or vinyl roof-smokin-3.jpg  
Old 10/14/06, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oh if anyone knows what like this( priority 40 )means and order ( type 1 ) please let me know , in case I need to shout now thank-You dang scanning the shhet will not load just blanks out ?
Old 10/15/06, 11:01 AM
V6 Member

I'm not sure on tire brand ? on comes in the GT/CS thing saying its .235/50/ZR18
BFgoodrich - g-force t/a kdws == pretty good shoes

priority=40 is only bad if the dealer is using lower priorities for other orders. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...order+priority
order type=1 means that it is ordered for end customer, not stock or fleet.
Old 10/16/06, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

Ok so today I met this lady in a parking lot that had a new Camero that had a Black Cloth top so I offered to buy so we went in and had a lenghty disscusion on her cloth I then went straight to the dealer and signed the order sheet and they will submit it well not fast enough, they'll yank one of thiers and get mine in so I will no diddly for about four Frakin weeks now, that's gonna hurt. 2007 GT/CS - IUP - Gt appearance pack - cloth top, with - Performance White with black stripe - black wth dove heated trimed seats - Active Anti Theft - Comfort Group. I'm sure thers more some where ? I'm not sure on tire brand ? on comes in the GT/CS thing saying its .235/50/ZR18

Nice - what color dash did you get the charcoal or silver? Also, the heated seats are pretty cool on a convertible - I didn't really care about them until the other morning when driving with the top down and it was a bit cool - nice and toasty they were - I was humming the Quizno's theme song before I knew it
Old 10/16/06, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

I went with the satin finish or the same as I have now, as I thought when I looked at pics that charcoal would just me too morbid or darkish, with the seat inserts dove and top dash black I just fely satin a better look for me. when I had ordered my 05 GT it took four months ola , keep in mind it was still new to Ford so not enough parts for IUP packages then we had that terd suing Delfi & Ford over the My Color patent and christmas plant closure, so I am thinking that it may take up to a month befor it may show up in Fords system, then build please not (Monday or Friday) and shipping. So with any luck at all two months. Dare to Dream dare to dream. Hey Chistmas works for me too ! when I get a vin # I will ask som people from Blue Oval to look it up for me , maybe even a picture on the line for a little something.