2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Changing my order from GO to Redfire

Old 2/13/07, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing my order from GO to Redfire

I'm going to call up tomorrow and change my GT/CS order from Grabber Orange to Redfire. What do you think of that?
The Grabber Orange, as much as I love it, as it's a very rare and masculine color, is going to be unappealing to a lot of people (like my wife). The Redfire probably appeals to everyone. Also, I think the parchment/black interior looks better with the Redfire than the orange. (But look out for the Grabber Blue!)

If anyone has more photos of GT/CSs, especially interiors, I'd be obliged if they'd post 'em.
Old 2/13/07, 09:34 PM
GT Member

I think you are making a good choice. Although I really like GO for its nostalgic appeal, I am a fan of metallic paints. I'm not a red car guy, but I do think the Redfire metallic is beautiful. Parchment would go great with that color.
Old 2/14/07, 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like redfire then you should go with it. I was thinking about a GO/GT.
Old 2/14/07, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I almost did the same thing but stuck with it & I LOVE it as a matter of fact it's killing me that I don't have it now but have to pick it up in a couple hours from it being udercat/rust proof & Diamond coated. So if you do change color and it gets to the lock in date That is what you will get. First instinks are usually the best , You will be the owner & you have to live with it, do be swayed but what others like or dislike , Beauty is inn the eye of it's beholder.
Old 2/14/07, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

The GO is a great color, especially if you want to stand out in a crowd. LOL. If you liek the Red then you have to go with it, you are the one that has to drive it. Enjoy the car and if you can make the wife happy, then that is all that counts.
Old 2/14/07, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I would recommend at least doing a dealership search on www.fordvehicles.com and see if there are any dealers with Grabber Orange on the lot, so you and your wife could see it in person to make a more informed decision. It may be hard to find one on the lot though, it seems not many dealerships are buying GO and sticking them on the lot... I expect most of us Grabber Orange Nut Cases have ordered their vehicles...
Old 2/14/07, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

You'll never find a GO GT/CS on a lot. Too rare. Mostly, they won't even believe it's available. It'll be the most collectable of them but I just can't believe that my wife could drive it to work. Besides, Redfire is a great color alternative.

A GO stripper (Deluxe w/few options) would really be my first choice, if it were just me.

What really scares me is that I'll buy an '07 4.6 and then Ford will come out with a bigger standard engine. Some kind of GT350. Man, I'd be not only ****ed, but poor, since I'd have to trade in.

Where do ya think ya could find a GO GT/CS photo or real car just to look at?
Old 2/14/07, 03:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Photo Chop God to create one ?
Old 2/14/07, 09:13 PM
GT Member

I was just thinking that a GO GT/CS would look great with wheels with black accents. Hmmmmm........
Old 2/15/07, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jamo
You'll never find a GO GT/CS on a lot. Too rare. Where do ya think ya could find a GO GT/CS photo or real car just to look at?
I really was only suggesting to find a regular-version Grabber Orange somewheres, so you could check the color in person... I currently fear the GO GT/CS is a phantom vehicle... have not seen one single post of a real live car with this setup yet...
Old 2/15/07, 07:57 PM

Personally, I love the Redfire!
Old 2/15/07, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Emu Hunter
I really was only suggesting to find a regular-version Grabber Orange somewheres, so you could check the color in person... I currently fear the GO GT/CS is a phantom vehicle... have not seen one single post of a real live car with this setup yet...
Actually, the dealer down the road has a couple. I've seen them. And they're pretty close to what I'd want (if I weren't getting the Redfire for the sake of wifey).

But they've been sitting out on the lot under the snowstorms and theyr'e pretty dirty. I can't see what a clean, waxed, shiney one would look like. Could you post a really great photo of yours, including the interior?
Old 2/15/07, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Trollpainter
Personally, I love the Redfire!
Go figure!
Old 2/15/07, 08:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamo
Actually, the dealer down the road has a couple. I've seen them. And they're pretty close to what I'd want (if I weren't getting the Redfire for the sake of wifey).

But they've been sitting out on the lot under the snowstorms and theyr'e pretty dirty. I can't see what a clean, waxed, shiney one would look like. Could you post a really great photo of yours, including the interior?
Here is a before and after striping of my G.O.
Attached Images