2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Another New Member!

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another New Member!

Hi everybody, this is my first and only forum I have ever joined. So go easy on me. I have been reading this forum for a couple months though, and I finally ordered my GT/CS. I went with Black, Black/Dove, 3.55, IUP, Charcoal dash, and the manual. I kept it pretty simple, this isn't my daily driver, just my "pleasure vehicle" as my insurance company calls it. As with others I that I've read, I may be in for a long wait. Two dealerships both said it would be a long wait because of the wheels. One told me that they come on only 8% of the Mustangs. But there is snow on the ground here in Iowa so I am not too concerned....yet.
Any helpful hints or pointers are welcome. Thanks!
Old 1/24/07, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your new GT/CS Expect about 8 week for your car. The wait is the worst part
Old 1/25/07, 08:07 AM

Welcome and Congrats! I too am waiting for my gt/cs. Ordered on Dec.28th and still no vin and production date . Was told monday its because of shortage on 18" polished wheels also. Right now im very upset with ford, I cant believe there not building cars because of a set of wheels. Its hard to be patient when you know this is why your cars on hold. I went with vista blue vert ,iup charcoal,app. package,cloth top,and all other options except shaker 1000.Post back if you get any info. Until then all we can do is hope.
Old 1/25/07, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. Nice car. Mine is a pleasure vehicle as well. The new car sensation will last longer
Old 1/25/07, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats and welcome to the site. You will love the car.
Old 1/25/07, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

I just talked to my buddy that works at the Ford dealership here in town. He said they just got a set of the 18" wheels in for a customer. So he decided to check on ordering more and found out that there are 120 in the warehouses right now. 25 alone in Chicago. But for some reason there is a hold on them on new cars.
Old 1/25/07, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 12 Oz J
Welcome and Congrats! I too am waiting for my gt/cs. Ordered on Dec.28th and still no vin and production date . Was told monday its because of shortage on 18" polished wheels also. Right now im very upset with ford, I cant believe there not building cars because of a set of wheels. Its hard to be patient when you know this is why your cars on hold. I went with vista blue vert ,iup charcoal,app. package,cloth top,and all other options except shaker 1000.Post back if you get any info. Until then all we can do is hope.
I went through the same problems after I ordered by car...Temporary Delay in Production is what it was called in the case of my car.
I ordered my car with the spoiler, and since they had a shortage of spoilers my car was delayed while others were built...those with spoiler delete, so I know what you're going through.

I do have a couple of questions for you-
Has your car been serialized and given a VIN yet? If your car is still 'clean and unscheduled' maybe you can change your wheel choice and get the car built and go aftermarket for new wheels.
I have 18" deep-dish chrome bullitts on my car and IMHO they look alot better then the 18" polished wheels Ford offers.
Attached Thumbnails Another New Member!-mike_gt_03.jpg   Another New Member!-mike_gt_06.jpg  
Old 1/25/07, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the wait depends a lot on the size of the dealership. I got mine in almost exactly 6 weeks on the dot.
Old 1/26/07, 12:00 AM
tmf

Originally Posted by IowaBeef
Hi everybody, this is my first and only forum I have ever joined. So go easy on me. I have been reading this forum for a couple months though, and I finally ordered my GT/CS. I went with Black, Black/Dove, 3.55, IUP, Charcoal dash, and the manual. I kept it pretty simple, this isn't my daily driver, just my "pleasure vehicle" as my insurance company calls it. As with others I that I've read, I may be in for a long wait. Two dealerships both said it would be a long wait because of the wheels. One told me that they come on only 8% of the Mustangs. But there is snow on the ground here in Iowa so I am not too concerned....yet.
Any helpful hints or pointers are welcome. Thanks!
Another from NE Iowa! Yo from Waterloo!

I drive my GT/CS as a daily driver and I have to admit that the traction control works awesome in the snow. I've got a stick and if you start in second you can mat it and the computer takes over everything. You would swear it was just like auto-pilot.

Cheers!

john
Old 1/26/07, 05:35 AM
V6 Member

Congrats on the GT/CS. You will love it!
Old 1/26/07, 07:39 AM

Hey Mike.
I still do not have a vin. The car was ordered Dec.28th. Im planning to go down to ford today and talk to the g.m. Your wheels do look good and I will ask him if I could do something like that to speed things up.Thanks for help.