2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Active Alarm and High Electrical Content Battery

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an O6 GT Convertible with shaker 1000. It has the 590 amp battery, which I was looking to replace because it dies or dips below what is needed to crank the motor. This has happened in as little as 3 days with the top up and goes as long as 7 days with the top down. I can only speculate that with the top down the interior motion sensors up by the mirror are not active cutting the drain. Point being when I leave the car at the airport parking lot with the top up and arrive at the end of the week I shouldn’t have to have a standing order with the towing service to be on call to get a jump. Not to mention that if every thief knows this it would not take much to drive through the parking garage and mark the car as a target. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o> </o>
So, does anyone have the dimension of the 590amp battery? I’d like to start calling around to find a higher amp battery to replace.<o></o>
<o> </o>
Just to vent no need to read: <o></o>
I’m done threatening the dealer. Sad that it has had to come down to that but it has to get things fixed. Quality is not job one and customer service is the reason why they keep losing their market share here in the states. I have access to the x-plan and we bought a Honda van instead. <o></o>
Old 1/13/07, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based on KC's research done a while back....it seem's that although Ford only mentions the high electrical content battery in relation to the Active Alarm option....it seems you only get the better battery with the Shaker 1000....based on replies in this thread that seems to be the prevalence - however, even that combo does not seem to be consistently followed on the assembly line. My local Ford dealer claims he looked up my build sheet and it only called for the light duty battery and I have a fully loaded Gt/CS with active alarm, heated seats, vert but with the shaker 500.

Who knows what Ford is thinking - but it was pretty clear in the description of the Active Alarm option that you get the "high electrical content" battery with that package.......
Old 1/13/07, 10:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Based on KC's research done a while back....it seem's that although Ford only mentions the high electrical content battery in relation to the Active Alarm option....it seems you only get the better battery with the Shaker 1000....based on replies in this thread that seems to be the prevalence - however, even that combo does not seem to be consistently followed on the assembly line. My local Ford dealer claims he looked up my build sheet and it only called for the light duty battery and I have a fully loaded Gt/CS with active alarm, heated seats, vert but with the shaker 500.

Who knows what Ford is thinking - but it was pretty clear in the description of the Active Alarm option that you get the "high electrical content" battery with that package.......
I have the standard radio ( I never use it) and the active alarm.
I have the battery upgrade.
If you didn't get the upgrade with the alarm, you got screwed.
Old 1/14/07, 04:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here, Shaker 500 and Active Alarm, with 590 battery (upgraded).
Old 1/14/07, 05:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Shaker 500, Active Alarm - I have the Group 96R battery (non-upgraded).
The Group 40R battery (upgraded) may have a bit more capacity, but both the 40R and 96R were designed for ricer cars. If you want a real upgraded battery, get a Group 65. Ford uses them in the trucks, vans, and the Crown Vic (70+ A-h, 900-1000 CCA).
Old 1/10/12, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought another battery today and went through the 40R vs 96R debate. Looks like the 40R was the better battery back in 04-06 but the new 96R is just as good as the 40R was now.
My original Motorcraft 40R lasted 6 years. Replaced with another 40R Energizer last year and now its toast already. I replaced it with the 96R that was called for in the battery book at sams club this time. The CCA is 600 and the CA is 745 on this Duracell 96R and It was slightly higher than the 40R sitting right next to it which was 590 CCA and 730CA and Its a Duracell battery. My 2008 Shelby with the shaker 1000 and active alarm has a 96R. The old Motorcraft 96Rs were only 500 CCA and the 40R was 590 CCA @ fordinstallersupport.com Like I said I got 6 years out of my original 40R. Since its Getting cold again here in the Midwest I thought I would put it on here what the current numbers are that I found today.