Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
unable to load picture.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=1971

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=1972

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=1973
Old 4/11/06, 12:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the side scoops, but that is about it...
Old 4/11/06, 01:22 AM
GT Member

*sigh...*
The hood scoop is too small, but they get an 'A' for effort.
The front grille is straight outta 2fast2furious. i wouldn't even say the original Fast/Furious...
Don't even get me started on the rear spoiler, and the crappy excuse for a nameplate "california special." Looks like a car's nameplate from the 1980's. Yuck.
Otherwise, I dig the side stripe, and definitely the side scoops.
But why wouldn't they put the car in another color? Black with white stipes would look a little more agressive than virgin-mary white (hehe)!
So, all-in-all... this just seems like a half-baked release of a Special Edition. Makes the Mach1 and Bullitt of last generation look like a million bucks...
But, again... "A for effort"
Old 4/11/06, 05:47 AM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look like computer generated images, not photos of a real car.

The GT/CS doesn't do much of anything for me. The hood & side scoops look like cheap aftermarket tack ons. Front facia is OK but not enough different from a regular GT. The rear spoiler looks like a regular GT / V6 spoiler. The only thing I actually like is the side stripes, but they are available only in black. Would't you think that the GT/CS would at least get unique wheels and a unique rear spoiler? How about unique tail lights like the original?

All I can say is if it took Ford 2+ years to accomplish so little with the GT/CS, Ford is in deeper trouble than I thought. What a waste of time & money, things Ford can't afford to waste.

F for effort, F minus for the results.

The price for the option is $1,895.
I belive that the statement "1.5 inch lower ride height than Mustang GT" is an error.
What they ment to say is that the front facia is 1.5" lower than a regualar GT front facia, I don't belive the ride height has changed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL OPTION PACKAGE (54C)

Requires :

Premium array GT Coupe (140A) or Convertible (180A).
Interior Upgrade Package

Features:

Unique front and rear fascia combination including:
Front
Larger air intake
Integrated chin spoiler
1.5 inch lower ride height than Mustang GT

Rear
Race car style diffuser look
Reduced rear ‘tuck-in’ design

Unique “California Special†bodyside scoops
Unique “GT/CS†bodyside stripes
Bright rolled dual exhaust tips
18-inch polished aluminum 5-spoke wheels (64W)
Black with Dove or Black with Parchment interior trim
Black leather seats w/contrasting Cal Special Dove or Parchment GT Leather inserts
‘Mustang’ badged floor mats
Shown with optional GT Appearance Package 54G:
Hood Scoop
Pony emblem engine cover
Available in Redfire Metallic, Performance White, Vista Blue Metallic or Black

Not available with :

Premier Trim with Color Accent Package (68B)
Sport Appearance Package with Color Accent (18M)
[/b][/quote]

And this BS story about the GT/CS which is too long to post, so here's the link:

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=23078
Old 4/11/06, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
While it is not something I would buy, I do believe this will appeal to enough people. This is the equivalent of spending $1800 for aftermarket appearance parts to make a distinct customization statement. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

In my opinion, the current Mustang's sales strength comes from style more than performance. Of course, that only lasts so long.

If the front grille was more different than the regular GT's, this might have more appeal to me. I assume it was done in this style to allow a minimum of fuss on the assembly line.
Old 4/11/06, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

We need a pic of the mats.
Old 4/11/06, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] For $1800 the car should come with 30 or more extra HP and functional add ons. It is a feeble attempt to fatten profits by adding tacky stuff to an otherwise excellent design.
Old 4/11/06, 07:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ April 11, 2006, 6:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

What they ment to say is that the front facia is 1.5" lower than a regualar GT front facia, I don't belive the ride height has changed.
And this BS story about the GT/CS which is too long to post, so here's the link:

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=23078
[/b][/quote]

Agreed - there is no way that car sits 1.5" lower than a "regular" S197, even with 18" wheels. 1.5" is about what you get with Eibach Pro's, and the wheel gap in that pic doesn't sit as low as my car did even with the 17" Bullitts and Eibach's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

The only thing I like is the front bumper. Sticking on fake scoops is just added noise and drag. Now what I would like to see is a final shot of the rear bumper. I have a feeling that will be on my GT very soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lodom @ April 11, 2006, 7:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] For $1800 the car should come with 30 or more extra HP and functional add ons. It is a feeble attempt to fatten profits by adding tacky stuff to an otherwise excellent design.
[/b][/quote]

Ford needs all the profits it can get now. People add aftermarket appearance parts to the S197 enough that I would assume marketing people see more potential in profits there at this time. In the short-term, it leaves people desiring more performance from a Ford special edition wanting.

This reminds me of the "Spring Feature" and "35th Anniversary", and "40th Anniversary" models of the last generation model.
Old 4/11/06, 09:14 AM

Yawn....

A vacuous fluff and stripe package, complete with air brakes, errr, excuse me, falsie scoops and spoiler, and oh-so predictable stripes. Perfect for the cash-laden posers and preeners who want to look "bad azz." Undoubtedly this marketing department bauble-mobile will find those who have $1,800 to plunk down on this deadweight and drag package that will net a gain in performance of, negative a few percent.

While the peacocks can parade around in this South Beach Secretary's Special, I'll weight for some SE with genuine performance and functional substance over mere surface flash.
Old 4/11/06, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhumb @ April 11, 2006, 11:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yawn....

A vacuous fluff and stripe package, complete with air brakes, errr, excuse me, falsie scoops and spoiler, and oh-so predictable stripes. Perfect for the cash-laden posers and preeners who want to look "bad azz." Undoubtedly this marketing department bauble-mobile will find those who have $1,800 to plunk down on this deadweight and drag package that will net a gain in performance of, negative a few percent.

While the peacocks can parade around in this South Beach Secretary's Special, I'll weight for some SE with genuine performance and functional substance over mere surface flash.
[/b][/quote]

That my friend is the way to keep it real. I'm with you 100%
Old 4/11/06, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

lame lame lame

looks like a photochop [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] still doesn't have the rolled tips on the back.

vrrrrrooooooooooooom! F
Old 4/11/06, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 11, 2006, 10:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That my friend is the way to keep it real. I'm with you 100%
[/b][/quote]

People, just keep in mind that not every Mustang owner is looking for everything to be performance-related. A 300 HP car is more than enough for probably 80% of car buyers. Maybe even higher. Ford is more worried about making a car that's more attractive to buyers than worrying about making it faster. Most of us are on this site because we're Mustang fanatics and WE do care about performance gains. But we're a relatively small piece of the Mustang-buying public and people need to realize that. We're getting a Shelby GT-500 and possibly a GT-350H that might make it's way into the hands of consumers after Hertz is done with them. And there's the rumor of a Boss coming. So let's not so bent out of shape that this one special edition doesn't make the car any faster. Let's just be glad we have a Mustang to have special editons of. We could be sitting here without this car existing or at the very least, with only the V6 and GT to talk about. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

If they do a 350H just for rentals I'm pretty sure Team Mustang must have gotten fired recently or something. At least the core car was done by people who care about Mustangs. wtf is this crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Whats next, sprint and stallion editions?
Old 4/11/06, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinb120 @ April 11, 2006, 11:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If they do a 350H just for rentals I'm pretty sure Team Mustang must have gotten fired recently or something. At least the core car was done by people who care about Mustangs. wtf is this crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Whats next, sprint and stallion editions?
[/b][/quote]

Were the original GT-350H's not for rentals only as well when they were new? I think some of the people on here are starting to get spoiled. Ford is in financial trouble, not everyone wants 50 extra HP to go along with every cosmetic update/change, and we have a brighter future for our beloved car than any of the other current pony/muscle cars do. Just be happy that Ford is giving us anything other than the basic V6 and GT models. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/chairshot.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/slap.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/uzi.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jasonandscott.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 10:55 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I see it as having clean look which I like but if it does cost the additonal $1,800 from what's visible then I would not expect it to be very popular.
Old 4/11/06, 11:08 AM

Not to give Ford marketing types any ideas, but perhaps some additional classic special editions along the lines of the GT/CS:

Ghia "Pimp Daddy" Edition:

Super Cobra "Super Fly" Edition:

"Italian" Stallion Edition:

And for those who truly wish to be unencumbered by scary performance increases, the:

MPG "Granola" Edition:

Of course, these are all classic Mustangs and, thus, entirely excusable as fodder for new special editions. The possibilities are endless!

Maybe a Desparate Housewives "Desperado" edition with matching mascara cases?

Or to appeal to any and all market segments with a dollar in their wallets, a soft mauve Queer Eye "Fab" edition with tufted velour seats and mood candles.

Why waste precious development resource on brutish, savage, snorting performance models, egad, when, on the cheap, we can have such delicious, fey, flashy SE's. Most people won't know what's underneath anyway, so why bother with expensive real engineering when cheap glitter and fluff can carry the day. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

PS. Having lived through the era of ersatz performance cars, as illustrated in my above post, perhaps one can better understand my reflexive revulsion to any SE that even hints of that approach, which automakers and their too powerful marketing/budget departments all too easily fall into given the chance.

Must be some post traumatic stress syndrome thing...
Old 4/11/06, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img] Mustangs at their lowest point. These pics make me want to get my old Lava lamp out of storage.
Old 4/11/06, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Alonso @ April 11, 2006, 7:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
While it is not something I would buy, I do believe this will appeal to enough people. This is the equivalent of spending $1800 for aftermarket appearance parts to make a distinct customization statement. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

In my opinion, the current Mustang's sales strength comes from style more than performance. Of course, that only lasts so long.

If the front grille was more different than the regular GT's, this might have more appeal to me. I assume it was done in this style to allow a minimum of fuss on the assembly line.
[/b][/quote]
Looks like cheap Roush to me, Tony [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2007 ford mustang GT/CS