2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

2007 ford mustang GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/06, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I wanted was a factory shaker and an extra 20 ponies and I would have been in line with cash in hand. Is that too much to ask?

Ford can keep the GT/CS. Now the question is, do I order a 2007 Mustang GT or wait and hope the 2008 SE is an actual improvement over the standard GT and that I can buy it on the x-plan???
Old 4/11/06, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with the shaker idea. I think Ford REALLY needs to make that an option on the GTs. It would be a great option that would probably sell well.
Old 4/11/06, 04:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

What else can I say? I had high hopes for the GT/CS a few months ago. Those hopes are now confirmed dashed
Old 4/11/06, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sad... the rear spoiler sucks..NEXT TIME TRY TO DO A BETTER JOB FORD
Old 4/11/06, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shatter @ April 11, 2006, 3:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All I wanted was a factory shaker and an extra 20 ponies and I would have been in line with cash in hand. Is that too much to ask?

Ford can keep the GT/CS. Now the question is, do I order a 2007 Mustang GT or wait and hope the 2008 SE is an actual improvement over the standard GT and that I can buy it on the x-plan???
[/b][/quote]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John H @ April 11, 2006, 3:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree with the shaker idea. I think Ford REALLY needs to make that an option on the GTs. It would be a great option that would probably sell well.
[/b][/quote]While, we can only hope that this is the direction that Ford will take, I am becoming less and less optimistic about a (non Shelby) Performance Special Edition by SVT. A Deluxe GT, WITHOUT most options, is becoming more and more attractive at this point.
Old 4/11/06, 05:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John H @ April 11, 2006, 12:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Were the original GT-350H's not for rentals only as well when they were new? [/b][/quote]
yea but they were the Hertz version of the normal Shelby you could buy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John H @ April 11, 2006, 3:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

We simply put CDC shakers on our cars for customers and they can finance it with the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh didn't get your boss or mach 1.......... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]
bunch of freakin cry babies.

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT!!!</span>
Old 4/11/06, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinb120 @ April 11, 2006, 7:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yea but they were the Hertz version of the normal Shelby you could buy.
We simply put CDC shakers on our cars for customers and they can finance it with the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Really? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang68w @ April 11, 2006, 7:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT!!!</span>
[/b][/quote]

Put simply enough. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I agree.
Old 4/11/06, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang68w @ April 11, 2006, 7:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh didn't get your boss or mach 1.......... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]I am NOT BUYING it. No tears here. The point is they need to sell it, more than I need to buy it. And believe me, they need me (SALES!!!) more than I need them.
Old 4/11/06, 05:38 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang68w @ April 11, 2006, 6:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I agree with your sentiment, but people can still express how they feel about it. Just like you.
Old 4/11/06, 05:38 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinb120 @ April 11, 2006, 10:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If they do a 350H just for rentals I'm pretty sure Team Mustang must have gotten fired recently or something. At least the core car was done by people who care about Mustangs. wtf is this crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Whats next, sprint and stallion editions?
[/b][/quote]

It is my great pleasure to inform you that the next Mustang Special edition will be a reincarnation of the famed Mustang Grande model. :barf:

It probably got lost when the server went down, but I don't believe Ford is doing a GT-350H. If you look at the photos that show the Shelby CS-6 hood and the announced quantity of 200 I say the GT-350H is being done by Shelby NOT Ford. No way in the world would Ford do a SE with a build quantity of only 200.

Who would have imagined, the GT-500 is a SVT Cobra with Shelby badges and the GT-350 is a real Shelby. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Although I like the clean look of the GT better than the GT/CS, I like the idea of adding some variety on the roadways. For instance, I often see GT's going down the road, and today I saw a new Saleen. I thought it was amazing (even though I personally think that there are some portions of its design that are, to say the least, a bit flamboyant). What I'm trying to say is that even though some things may not be perfect, it will be pretty neat to see one every once in a while and say 'Hey that's the new California Special.....cool.'
Old 4/11/06, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sadly, it's the perfect parade car Disneyworld. And let's see, who'd be driving......oh yeah, GOOFY [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 11:55 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

what happened to the crappy ducktail they were going with???
Old 4/12/06, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Okay, here's a question I have for all of you who are complaining about the GT/CS: Do you dislike it because of its looks or because it doesn't come with a power increase?
Old 4/12/06, 07:06 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I'm disappointed because of the looks. The original GT/CS offered no additional power over any other mustang but it looked very distinct in a positive way.

If they wanted to create an updated GT/CS then why not draw more on the original with an integrated ducktail, unique tail lights, hood and grille? Instead they put on a hood scoop that has more in common with the 1965-66 GT-350, and use a standard spoiler. While the front fascia is different, it just doesn't work for me personally. Rear California Special emblem doesn't inspire (doesn't make you wish you had it on your car).

I just don't think Ford gave this enough thought (or was unwilling to devote the resources to do it right), to successfully resurrect this classic. Obviously this is all subjective. As I stated earlier, I had high hopes for the GT/CS to provide a unique and disireable look. IMO they only succeeded on the former.
Old 4/12/06, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05mach1 @ April 11, 2006, 12:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks like cheap Roush to me, Tony [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yes, the front bumper fascia does resemble the Roush.
Old 4/12/06, 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Alonso @ April 11, 2006, 8:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ford needs all the profits it can get now. People add aftermarket appearance parts to the S197 enough that I would assume marketing people see more potential in profits there at this time. In the short-term, it leaves people desiring more performance from a Ford special edition wanting.
[/b][/quote]

Furthermore, I suspect Ford's short-term (next 24 month) strategy is to increase its presence in the Mustang aftermarket parts arena, rather than producing a higher performing model between the GT and GT500. The following is quoted from this story posted today on The Car Connection website -

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Ford Takes Three-Pronged Approach to Performance

Ford plans to beef up its performance portfolio, Mark Fields, the automaker's President of the Americas , told a New York Auto Show audience on Wednesday. Central to the strategy is a renewed emphasis on the SVT line, which had been neglected in recent years. "The plan is to offer one performance car and one truck, going forward," Fields explained, with the pair likely to generate from 5,000 to 10,000 annual sales. A version of the Mustang and another SVT makeover of the F-Series pickup will be the latest offerings. Then there'll be "personalized performance," allowing customers to buy from a broad catalogue of performance parts and accessories. The third leg of Ford's performance strategy is the Ford Racing unit."[/b][/quote]

It appears Ford is recommiting to a Lightning-type truck as the next higher performance vehicle. I don't believe we will see another Mustang in between the GT and GT500 until the next refreshening. Given Ford's precarious financial situation and the fact that appearance is probably a bigger factor now in Mustang sales, the GT/CS business case is stronger than putting out an "in-betweener". It's way easier to change appearance and keep interest in this car. Seeing what people do here to customize their Mustang supports this. For those who need the extra power, handling, or braking, the aftermarket is already rich with options.

I wish it were otherwise.
Old 4/12/06, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

IMHO The side stripes/scoops look fine. But it still needs a ducktail spoiler and a decent hood scoop.
Old 4/13/06, 06:37 AM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John H @ April 12, 2006, 8:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay, here's a question I have for all of you who are complaining about the GT/CS: Do you dislike it because of its looks or because it doesn't come with a power increase?
[/b][/quote]

I dislike the GT/CS t for both reasons - no extra HP and I don't like it's looks.

Tony, the problem with Ford Racing performance improvements is the lack of warranty issue. If Ford would put a warranty on FRPP parts (look at the fine print, there is none) and let you put FRPP parts on without affecting the warranty on your car (like Toyota does), I would buy into sticking a FRPP power pack on.

Quick Reply: 2007 ford mustang GT/CS