2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

2007 Black GT/CS Convertible - No GT Appearance Package

Old 7/3/06, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texascanuck
That ain't a GT/CS...sorry. Here is what is wrong with the picture, literally:
1) No hood scoop
2) Missing side scoop (as if dealer was trying to GT/CS' a GT)
3) Roof is not the newer velvet like looking style
1- the hood scoop is not part of the C/S package, it's part of the GT Appearance Group which is optional on the C/S.

2- The side scoop is held on with tape, it may have been stolen or (more likely) knocked off in transit.

3- I assume you mean the cloth top (versus vinyl) and that is also a separate option that has nothing to do with the C/S package.

It's not a fake, the C/S parts are just now becoming available so it would have been impossible to get the parts and build a fake before now. Besides, why would a dealer go to the trouble of installing the front & rear air dams, stripes, scoops & two-tone interior to create a fake when it's a lot easier to just order a real one? It's not like they're super valuable anyway, they're selling for under sticker.
Old 7/3/06, 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MoonHawk
Just purchased my 2007 GT/CS...what a dream. I owned a 1964.5 back in high school (friend bought it at an auction, we restored it husband got in our divorce). The interior I am very happy with, as the orginal Mustangs did not really have a lot in them anyway. It was all under the hood. Bought mine in Columbus at Graham Ford.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27...ewStuff029.jpg
Beautiful car, congrats!

Please tell me, does your GT/CS have 'splash shields' just behind the rear wheels, like the GT500? They're like little mud flaps.

Steve
Old 7/5/06, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
It's not like they're super valuable anyway, they're selling for under sticker.
Maybe where you're from - in PA the dealerships are marking them up 2-3k...

I'm still waiting to order my new one. Obviously I'm hoping there will be a REAL special edition with some power in the next 12 months, but if not I plan to buy a GT/CS coupe. It would be nice to get the grabber orange or black with a silver stripe and a real ducktail. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath.
Old 7/6/06, 07:10 PM

No it does not have splash shields.

Had a great idea on the stripe though. I had contemplated having the stripe stripped off and repainted. However, I work for a company that makes exterior vinyl window graphics, will be checking to see if they can make me a set in gold or pewter. Will have to check on the specs though, not sure how they will hold up on a car. Windows don't move and are not subject to as many variables.

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
Beautiful car, congrats!

Please tell me, does your GT/CS have 'splash shields' just behind the rear wheels, like the GT500? They're like little mud flaps.

Steve