2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

07 GT/CS Fire Red Vert... in Calgary and picking up in 3 hours!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdvision
Very nice. You're gonna have to come up to Edmonton for the International Mustang Meet.
http://www.amoaweb.com/imm_reg_May20_2006.pdf
http://www.amoaweb.com/
Looks interesting! I just might have to plan a trip. I will be out in the Shuswap the week before, but another week off from work won't hurt me!
Old 7/29/06, 05:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
$38,200 USD? or Canadian ?
Old 8/1/06, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dougxox
$38,200 USD? or Canadian ?
Canadian.
Old 8/1/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Calgary123
Canadian.
that would have been quite a markup if in USD.
Old 8/1/06, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful GT/CS! I love your new Mustang! Congratulations and thanks for the pictures and for describing her. I'm interested in your opinion of the power passenger seat. Does the power passenger seat adjust up high enough so that a shorter passenger does not feel as if she is riding too low in the seat? I'm very interested in purchasing a 2007 GT or GT/CS.
Old 8/2/06, 05:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Where's the snow? Wow, a great looking vert in Canada. How many months of the year can you get the top down on that?

Great looking car, but get that dealer sticker off of there! And his plate holder...
Old 8/6/06, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang_Ed
Beautiful GT/CS! I love your new Mustang! Congratulations and thanks for the pictures and for describing her. I'm interested in your opinion of the power passenger seat. Does the power passenger seat adjust up high enough so that a shorter passenger does not feel as if she is riding too low in the seat? I'm very interested in purchasing a 2007 GT or GT/CS.
Ya... so do I!

As far as the power passenger seat goes... My wife loves it! She's a shorty, and can get up nice and high so she doesn't feel like she has to peer over the dash. We test drove an 06 before I settled on this GT/CS, and she felt like she was sitting too low in the 06. The power seat was a nice surprise for her... which makes it all the better for me
Old 8/6/06, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Where's the snow? Wow, a great looking vert in Canada. How many months of the year can you get the top down on that?

Great looking car, but get that dealer sticker off of there! And his plate holder...
LOL. We don't get much snow here in Calgary. Climate if moderate and last winter was almost non-existant. Could have driven it almost through the winter except for a few weeks... Not that I'm planning on doing that. I would imagine that I'll have the plates on it till November or so... then park it till Mar/Apr. Last year we had no snow on the ground all the way through december.

And ya... I know. The stickers and plate cover are coming off here soon. I shook my head when I first saw the sticker, but I was just too excited with the car to get overly worked up over something that small.
Old 8/6/06, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Calgary123
Ya... so do I!

As far as the power passenger seat goes... My wife loves it! She's a shorty, and can get up nice and high so she doesn't feel like she has to peer over the dash. We test drove an 06 before I settled on this GT/CS, and she felt like she was sitting too low in the 06. The power seat was a nice surprise for her... which makes it all the better for me
If Mama ain't happy, nobody happy....LOL
Old 8/7/06, 12:58 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info on your excellent ride, one thing I was wondering was the options. You have shaker 500, side airbags, comfort group & interior upgrade which are REQ options on the CS pkg. There is no GT pkg as the pics have no hood scoop so the only question is active anti-theft ?? and are there any other add ons which I may have missed for the $38,200 CDN which you paid?
Old 8/7/06, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
Thanks for the info on your excellent ride, one thing I was wondering was the options. You have shaker 500, side airbags, comfort group & interior upgrade which are REQ options on the CS pkg. There is no GT pkg as the pics have no hood scoop so the only question is active anti-theft ?? and are there any other add ons which I may have missed for the $38,200 CDN which you paid?
No problem,

You are right... no GT package, although the chrome exhaust tips seem to be standard. It doesn't have the hood scoop and engine cover though. I plan on ordering the engine cover one of these days. I do have the Anti-theft and locking wheels nuts. I'm pretty sure I have every available option except for the shaker 1000, and GT appearance.

Hope that helps ya...
Old 8/7/06, 01:10 PM
V6 Member

Yes thank you, this is the exact car with options I will be ordering next week! exept in Blue. You know if I had seen this on the lot at the Vanc dealers which I have checking I would have taken it in red. They say it will be a min of 8-10 weeks ordering and I will even try and push delivery till the new year as I like you will not be driving in the VERY MILD Vanc winter which is mainly rain. The GT pkg includes (chrome exhaust tips, hood scoop, and engine cover with maybe a bright manifold) since the CS pkg includes exhaust tips and the scoop is non fuctional why not just get the engine goodies on their own? that's what I will be asking about and if it cannot be ordered, there is always the many after market suppliers although factory would be best. Another guy in this string ordered a nicley packaged orange one for 33K and change although not a CS I wonder if there is any more room for the price to drop ?? I will keep you posted when I place the order which must be before the end of the month.

Bye for now.
Old 8/7/06, 03:59 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on the CS. I was going to pass up the CS and get a regular redfire GT vert because I wasn't sure the CS package was worth the extra $$. After seeing your pix though I am reconsidering. I really like those two-tone seats and they are only available on the CS. Does the CS come with the stitched dash, console, and armrest that come with the Premier Trim package? When I tried to build one online it would not let me choose both the Premier and the CS packages.

Not to be greedy, but any pictures with top up? I'd like to get a good look at that cloth top. And I agree with you on cloth -- I think it is well worth the $300 or so.

Thanks ---
Old 8/7/06, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

I saw/felt a cloth & vinyl top at a dealer recently and cloth is the way to go!! By the way the tops can be in black or tan (parchment) but the cloth is only available in black. The black cloth is a deeper black than the vinyl, it looks and feels way better and likely comes with a nicer soft boot as well.
Old 8/8/06, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
I saw/felt a cloth & vinyl top at a dealer recently and cloth is the way to go!! By the way the tops can be in black or tan (parchment) but the cloth is only available in black. The black cloth is a deeper black than the vinyl, it looks and feels way better and likely comes with a nicer soft boot as well.
Indeed, the cloth is the way to go! Funny that you mention the soft boot being better... I have't even taken it out of the wrapper yet. LOL