2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/06, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison

I traded in my 06 GT vert for a 07 GT/CS just over two weeks ago. I ordered th CS back in early April, and while I originally ordered the car as a Redfire with Black/Parchment interior, I changed the order the following day to Vista Blue. Within a week or two I was notified that the order was filled as Redfire. Darn! Delivery date kept changing, at the end I was told it would be mid-July.
I took my 06 GT into the dealership for an oil change on the 26th of June, and as luck would have it, the 07 had just arrived. As I walked back with the GM, there was a large group of employees surrounding the car. Quite the crowd pleaser. The cloth top is absolutely wonderful - well worth the extra bucks. The 18" wheels are hot, and the rear "Shelby fascia" make a big difference to the overall appearance. Watch out for the front end - it truly is 1.5" lower to the ground.
That afternoon, I still was not sure that I wanted to trade, but the salesman suggested that I take it out for a "test drive". I grabbed the keys, waited for a dealer plate to be put on, and then started her up. My god, the exhaust sound was totally different from my 06. Yes, there are different exhaust tips on the 07, it so sexy! Very deep, a luscious, throaty sound. All of a sudden, I'm Steve McQueen! What's going on here?
I'm not a gear head, so I cannot give you any factual figures here, the car feels about the same on the road as the 06 GT. It may be just abit more composed. If anything, the 18" wheels are an improvement over the 17" on the 06 in the looks dept. Cornering feels the same, and steering feels right on. The PZERO NEROs on the 06 were great, I hope the G-FORCE T/A KDWS do as well. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 255/45's. What do you think?
The "test drive" trick worked once again. I bought the car.The cloth top, the exhaust sound, the wheels, all are positives! Except for: that god awful hood scoop. Is there anyway we can make it functional? But wait, you cannot believe how many ladies think that hood scoop is so cute(their words not mine).
Build date shows June 7th. Quality shows across the car. No rattles, no shudders. Both verts have been well built. I'm told that I'll have to wait several weeks to install my auto-dimming mirror w/homelink (taken out of the 06); the wiring is not the same for 07. The tutone interior is a whole lot cooler than the solid charcoal I had. I'm happy! At least till the Bullitt edition comes out...
Old 7/15/06, 12:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CONGRADS!!!!! Lets see some photos.
I'am waiting for my CS due in mid to late Aug. think your and my options are about the same. Was going to opt for CAI, and upgraded mufflers for more HP and sound, what do you think after youve dirven the 07?
Old 7/15/06, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wondered about the exhaust vs a 06 GT. I too think they sound totally different but I never owned an 06. Do you think acceleration is the same for both cars? Did you get a manual or auto?

Love the Redfire!!
Old 7/15/06, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
CONGRADS!!!!! Lets see some photos.
I'am waiting for my CS due in mid to late Aug. think your and my options are about the same. Was going to opt for CAI, and upgraded mufflers for more HP and sound, what do you think after youve dirven the 07?
I'm holding off on the cai for the moment. Some folks have commented about an actual loss of power after the conversion. Honestly, I'm not too sure that I need more power. At this time I'm very happy with the exhaust system on the 07. Unless there's a change in sound after a few more miles, she will stay stock there too.

I'm contemplating a Hurst shifter, but here again, the shifter is fine.
Attached Thumbnails 06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3124.jpg   06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3125.jpg   06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3138.jpg   06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3148.jpg   06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3154.jpg  

Old 7/15/06, 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Thumbs up

WOW!!! Thanks for the shots, Can't wait for mine to come in. Enjoy
Old 7/15/06, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, that's gorgeous! I love that interior. Making me think really hard about ordering a GT/CS and let the dealership sell the car I did order (should be getting there any day now, it's been at the local rail ramp since Friday morning). Since they screwed the order up, I don't think I'd use them for the next one. I'll see the car first though. I dunno, it's getting tougher every day.
Old 7/15/06, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Just noticed the yellow fog lights, special order or stock? all the ones I've seen are clear.
Old 7/15/06, 11:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Just noticed the yellow fog lights, special order or stock? all the ones I've seen are clear.
Well can't order it that's for sure. Do tell where you found those!
Old 7/16/06, 01:18 PM

Tungsten GT/CS

I am a new member, and am going to buy my first Mustang. I am in Houston and was talking to the dealership by my house and was told that Ford made a last minute change and the GT/CS is now available in Tungsten. To me this is music to my ears, I like the GT/CS, but don't like to exterior colors at much as the Tungsten. Has anyone else heard about this?
Old 7/16/06, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Well can't order it that's for sure. Do tell where you found those!
The colored lenses are available at www.showlenses.com. You can also call Rick Harman at 515.249-4979. They come in multiple colors, and are easy to install and maintain. My favorite colors are amber and yellow. My GT/CS has the yellow currently, amber would match the turn signals. My Satin Silver 06 GT shows the smoke lens.
Attached Thumbnails 06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_0065.jpg   06 GT vs 07 GT/CS Comparison-img_3088.jpg  
Old 7/16/06, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by markwilson944
I am a new member, and am going to buy my first Mustang. I am in Houston and was talking to the dealership by my house and was told that Ford made a last minute change and the GT/CS is now available in Tungsten. To me this is music to my ears, I like the GT/CS, but don't like to exterior colors at much as the Tungsten. Has anyone else heard about this?
I just checked out the Ford.com site for 2007 Mustangs. They do not show Tungsten as an available color for GT/CS. I love that color, and along with Alloy, would be great additions for the CS family! Check out the new warranty on the 2007 Mustang.

Effective July 14, the powertrain limited warranty for 2007 Ford and Mercury vehicles will be five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. That's an additional two years or 24,000 miles of coverage for such components as the engine and transmission beyond each vehicle's three-year or 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty.

For Lincoln, the powertrain coverage is now extended to six years or 70,000 miles - two years or 20,000 miles beyond the basic four-year or 50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. For all three brands, there are no deductibles for repairs, and the warranties are fully transferable to future owners at no cost. <TABLE width=250 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The new Ford warranty programs are retroactive to the beginning of the 2007 model year, so customers who already have purchased a 2007 Ford, Lincoln or Mercury will automatically receive the added protection.