Alloy Grey Alloy Grey 2007+ Mustangs

Ques. for Alloy owners

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/06, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ques. for Alloy owners

I will be ordering my mustang in February. I had my mind set on Tungsten but after seeing an Alloy up close and viewing your rides, I dont know. Starting to lean toward Alloy. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have a black SUV and it is beautiful as long as it is clean and it seems I have to clean it all the time. I wanted the Mustang to be a color that I didnt have to stay on top of every time it rained etc... My question is do you feel the Alloy is as bad as black or like black to show dirt and need washing often? I thought maybe the Tungsten would not show dirt quite so bad. Really appreciate your thoughts and input. Thanks.
Old 12/30/06, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No it is not as bad as black as far as upkeep
Old 12/30/06, 09:25 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, I second that. It's as bad as black when dirty. It rains in San Francisco often and I usually keep a close eye on the weather to make sure I get at least 3-4 days worth of sun to get the most out of my wash.

But when it's clean, holy ****, it reflects EVERYTHING just the same as black and it looks SOOOO GOOOD.
Old 12/31/06, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

I live in southeast Texas where the weather is often unpredictable. Like you Snipe, I try to get the most out of my wash, but I don't feel that alloy is anywhere near as bad as black. Mine is sitting outside dirty as hell (I'm about to go wash), but from a distance or a passing glance on the road, I don't think you can really tell.
Old 12/31/06, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

it isnt as bad as black to keep clean, but it is hard. if you are concerned about that, then i suggest you get the tungsten. tungsten and red would be the best at hiding dirt imo.
Old 12/31/06, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Matt,

I have tungsten and love it. I really liked alloy when I saw it and thought to myself that if alloy would have been available when I got my tungsten I would have had a hard choice between the two. But..........I drove through my local ford dealer's lot the other day and we had just had some rain. I saw a couple of alloy's and a couple of tungstens in the lot and the alloys might as well have been black. They showed the dirty water spots as bad as any black car I have ever seen. The tungstens on the other hand didn't look near as dirty. Alloy is beautiful..........I don't have one, but It looks like it is just as bad a black to keep clean. Go tungsten!!!!!!
Old 12/31/06, 10:28 PM

Thanks guys for all your input, really appreciate it. It rains a lot here in WV and the salt in the winter is also a consideration, although I plan on the mustang seeing very little driving in the winter.

Rob, love your tungsten, looks awesome. I want to go either tungsten with silver stripes or now considering alloy with tungsten stripes (a little more of a rarity). Good point, I think I will drive by the dealers after a good rain has dried up, wish I could see both after having been driven in the rain tho.

With all the input, I think Im leaning Tungsten now, dont have the time to keep up with a black SUV AND a stang somewhat as close to black in upkeep. Especially since the SUV is my wife's and we all know which of the two are going to get my attention when I only have time to wash one or the other.

Thanks again to all........
Old 1/6/07, 06:33 PM

I need some information on the alloy paint for the 07 GT

I noticed that when I washed/waxed my Mustang GTfor the first time today that the paint (alloy) texture was slightly rough and granular - is this normal or a possible defect? I love the color and it shines up real well but am concerned about the paint. It's brand new and has never set out. Thanks for any advice on this issue.
Old 1/6/07, 06:38 PM

hey man - love the car and color, i have virtually the same. look, the texture of the alloy paint on my car is slightly granular, only to the touch, and was wondering if yours is the same way. My the alloy finish shines up great but seems to have very tiny granuals at the surface.
Old 1/6/07, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Mine's not granular or rough. Let's see some pictures
Old 1/7/07, 01:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

maybe you should try using a clay bar. that may help.
Old 1/8/07, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Go Redfire!!!!

It always looks clean from a distance.