Will The Bullitt's H Pipe.....

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/08, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will The Bullitt's H Pipe.....

fit a GT 500?

George, I know you'll know the answer. Would Ford make 2 versions of the H pipe, one for the Bullitt and one for the KR?
Old 10/7/08, 05:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by purplepony
fit a GT 500?

George, I know you'll know the answer. Would Ford make 2 versions of the H pipe, one for the Bullitt and one for the KR?
According to SAI the the KR part is exclusive to them.
Old 10/7/08, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dad's72Mach
According to SAI the the KR part is exclusive to them.
SAI uses different part numbers for all the KR parts - even parts not exclusive to the KR. Same sort of in-house inventory numbering that they did in the 60's. I do not know for sure, but I expect that the Bullitt H-pipe and the KR H-pipe are one and the same. I can't imagine that cash-strapped Ford would engineer and produce two different parts that would otherwise be identical - one of which will only be made for 1400 units. SAI welds in a restrictor in the crossover. I suspect that is the difference.
Old 10/8/08, 09:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by S7MS
SAI uses different part numbers for all the KR parts - even parts not exclusive to the KR. Same sort of in-house inventory numbering that they did in the 60's. I do not know for sure, but I expect that the Bullitt H-pipe and the KR H-pipe are one and the same. I can't imagine that cash-strapped Ford would engineer and produce two different parts that would otherwise be identical - one of which will only be made for 1400 units. SAI welds in a restrictor in the crossover. I suspect that is the difference.
I should have been more clear, according to SAI the KR H-pipe is not a Ford part but is actually fabricated by SAI. I would post a link but most posts on TeamShelby concerning the KR exhaust have been deleted. There have been some posts on over there stating the H-pipe is simply modified by SAI not fabricated. If that is the case and you are correct in it simply being a Bullitt part with a restrictor welded in then I can see why SAI is so touchy about controlling information and defending the exclusivity of the KR exhaust. The more information that comes out about the KR the more it appears that they are ridiculously marking up a GT500 that they added some readily available parts and some nifty badges to.
Old 10/9/08, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dad's72Mach
I should have been more clear, according to SAI the KR H-pipe is not a Ford part but is actually fabricated by SAI. I would post a link but most posts on TeamShelby concerning the KR exhaust have been deleted. There have been some posts on over there stating the H-pipe is simply modified by SAI not fabricated. If that is the case and you are correct in it simply being a Bullitt part with a restrictor welded in then I can see why SAI is so touchy about controlling information and defending the exclusivity of the KR exhaust. The more information that comes out about the KR the more it appears that they are ridiculously marking up a GT500 that they added some readily available parts and some nifty badges to.
SAI has been very defensive when it comes to the KR. Think about it, if the KR exhaust was made specially for SAI, why would they have to do anything to it? But by their own admission (and reported in various TS posts) SAI does some special "voodoo" to the pipes to make them KR. Turns out this is adding a restictor in the crossover. Again, why would this have to be done if the pipes are made to SAI specs only for the KR? Besides, the KR was developed at FORD, not SAI. It uses FORD parts. Bet that the KR pipes are the Bullitt pipes, and now that FRPP is selling the mufflers on their site, everyone can have the KR exhaust.