I am Legend.....

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/08, 11:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am Legend.....

I just watched this movie,hey GT500 guys,do your cars sound like that?? Holy crap,that is one sweet soundtrack,the mix of the blower and V8 is like heaven,do you guys that own these cars even turn the radios on?? Why??
Old 10/6/08, 05:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
yea thats a great opening scene.
Old 10/6/08, 06:18 PM
GT Member

The Blower whine can be better than sex ...
Old 10/6/08, 10:36 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

that scene is fantastic, especially with my surround sound!
Old 10/7/08, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree one of the best scenes in the movie!
Old 10/7/08, 11:27 AM

I think I watched that scene 10 times! My wife just didn't understand.
Old 10/7/08, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They feel better than they sound

Dudes! They feel better than they sound...

Originally Posted by KatarHol
I just watched this movie,hey GT500 guys,do your cars sound like that?? Holy crap,that is one sweet soundtrack,the mix of the blower and V8 is like heaven,do you guys that own these cars even turn the radios on?? Why??
Old 10/7/08, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fordman2
I think I watched that scene 10 times! My wife just didn't understand.
+1! Last time I looked I couldn't find the DVD, I think my wife hid it cuz I kept replaying that scene. Oh well guess I just have to go for a ride and here it live.
Old 10/8/08, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

The blower whine in the movie was a sound dub. The actual car being driven is a modified GT with an automatic, not a GT500.
Old 10/8/08, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I never knew that JC!! How do you know?
Old 10/8/08, 09:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jcthorne
The blower whine in the movie was a sound dub. The actual car being driven is a modified GT with an automatic, not a GT500.
Now why did you have to go and spoil that for me?
Old 10/9/08, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the factory, it does not sound as good. A few hundred dollars and couple hours work will net you a better sounding machine. My choice was Corsa and I think they sound incredible.

That blower whine is addicting. As long as it does not overpower the V8. That is one of the reasons why I have never put a CAI or pulley in mine.
Old 10/10/08, 10:40 AM
GT Member

ahhh the car in the movie is a GT500. Ford paid big bucks to feature that car and yes thats what they sound like. If anything, the car was slightly lowered, and the exhuast was slightly enhanced IMO, but mostly that was a fair repersentation of what a GT500 looks and sounds like.
ALL sound effects are "dubbed", in this case "dubbed" from a recording of an actual GT500 most likely.
A Ford Rep. would have signed off on the integrity of the scene's and sounds of the GT500 to insure the "advertisement" was an appropriate marketing tool etc.
Misson accomplished I say...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwmpaKI6co
Old 10/10/08, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The blower whine sounds authentic...

Well the blower whine in the movie sounds just like my factory GT500. Can't say about the outside exhaust sounds, since I've never heard it from that prospective...

The one scene just after the deer come out of the tunnel right before the end of that clip that exhaust sounds authentic to me...

Originally Posted by BlueDiamond
ahhh the car in the movie is a GT500. Ford paid big bucks to feature that car and yes thats what they sound like. If anything, the car was slightly lowered, and the exhuast was slightly enhanced IMO, but mostly that was a fair repersentation of what a GT500 looks and sounds like.
ALL sound effects are "dubbed", in this case "dubbed" from a recording of an actual GT500 most likely.
A Ford Rep. would have signed off on the integrity of the scene's and sounds of the GT500 to insure the "advertisement" was an appropriate marketing tool etc.
Misson accomplished I say...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwmpaKI6co
Old 10/10/08, 07:29 PM
GT Member

+1 on the Blower. Sounds like mine
Old 10/13/08, 05:37 AM
Bullitt Member

First, the GT500 did not exist yet when the movie was filimed but the real givaway on what the actual car is are the scenes where the interior is shown. There is an automatic shifter and a GT dash. Also several of the exterior scense can be stopped and viewed, the brembo brakes are clearly missing.

There was a great scene filmed for the movie that was edited out when he drove the car out of the showroom front window.
Old 10/13/08, 05:43 AM
Bullitt Member

First, the GT500 did not exist yet when the movie was filimed but the real givaway on what the actual car is are the scenes where the interior is shown. There is an automatic shifter and a GT dash. Also several of the exterior scense can be stopped and viewed, the brembo brakes are clearly missing.

There was a great scene filmed for the movie that was edited out when he drove the car out of the showroom front window.
this is true, saw the filming of that and wondered why it wasnt in the movie. and as for the blower whine, love windin the car to 6 grand mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10/14/08, 07:44 AM

I think you're wrong dude: straight from IMDB.com

"Warner Brothers initially opposed filming in New York because of costs and logistical challenges. However, Michael Tadross, a veteran New York production manager got the city to approve closing the Grand Central viaduct, several blocks of Fifth Avenue and Washington Square Park, albeit at night and on weekends, between September 2006 and April 2007."

"Much of this film was shot on location in New York City's Washington Square Park during fall and winter 2006-2007, causing holiday decorations to be taken down and replaced tumultuously for over three months."

I also saw the episode of "Shooting Cars" on Speed when they were practicing the driving and the jump out of the window. They had the hood open after the practice jump into the boxes that totally f'd up the front end of the car and it was a real GT500. The movie wasn't released until Dec 2007, they don't film movies years in advance. The car was available from Ford if it wasn't on the streets already. I also just watched the opening scene on Yahoo, didn't see an auto shifter either
Old 10/15/08, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Watch the hunting scene again. Specificly the one with the dog in the passenger seat. Will is driving with the left hand and has the gun in his right. The dogs paw is on the center console with an automatic T-bar shifter. The dash has chrome vent rings.
Old 10/15/08, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

it wasnt a real gt500, thats why it wasnt in the movie much. that was the only car they had and ruined it in that window scene. who knows when the car scene was filmed? could have been the first ones shot of the movie.