Trouble for the Shelby?

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 06:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic @ March 12, 2006, 8:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just wanted something to take to them. So I can say here they are, let's get to ordering.Yes I am on the list with them. Still hoping they will do me right. Thanks.
[/b][/quote]
They are right - Here (click me)
Old 3/13/06, 08:21 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic @ March 12, 2006, 5:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just wanted something to take to them. So I can say here they are, let's get to ordering.Yes I am on the list with them. Still hoping they will do me right. Thanks.
[/b][/quote]
I would simply find another dealership at this point...or at the very least a different salesperson.

I would NEVER buy from anyone who tried to feed me that kind of transparent bull$&*#. He's basically saying, "I think this guy is a complete idiot and I bet I can pull the wool over his eyes." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 05:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ March 13, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would simply find another dealership at this point...or at the very least a different salesperson.

I would NEVER buy from anyone who tried to feed me that kind of transparent bull$&*#. He's basically saying, "I think this guy is a complete idiot and I bet I can pull the wool over his eyes." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Well here is an update as of 4/8/06. Went back to the dealer. Told them I had the 3/13 order sheets. They said they could not load them into the system. Again they say there is a problem with the car too heavy in the front. Now it get's good. They went as far as saying that Ford contacted Saleen to help address the problem. And said they want Ford to put a 4.6 in it not the 5.4 On top of that they state Ford even tried to look at a redesigned chassis but because of Federal regulations not possible due to cost. Have at it guys.... Just be easy on the messenger. It does seem odd I don't see anybody with a concrete deal and price.
Old 4/11/06, 05:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic @ April 11, 2006, 5:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well here is an update as of 4/8/06. Went back to the dealer. Told them I had the 3/13 order sheets. They said they could not load them into the system. Again they say there is a problem with the car too heavy in the front. Now it get's good. They went as far as saying that Ford contacted Saleen to help address the problem. And said they want Ford to put a 4.6 in it not the 5.4 On top of that they state Ford even tried to look at a redesigned chassis but because of Federal regulations not possible due to cost. Have at it guys.... Just be easy on the messenger. It does seem odd I don't see anybody with a concrete deal and price.
[/b][/quote]

Sorry. I don't buy it.
Old 4/11/06, 06:02 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Total BS.

You have to come to grips with the fact that this dealer does not want to sell you a GT-500. My guess is that their GT-500 allocation is already sold and they are trying to get you to buy something else.

Nobody has a concrete price because pricing has not been released. It is the normal way of doing business with Ford to order a car and not know the price. In fact EVERY stock order that a dealer places the dealer does not know what the price really is until the vehicle ships and Ford invoices the dealer.
Old 4/14/06, 12:29 PM
Big Falken Tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rpretzel @ April 11, 2006, 5:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sorry. I don't buy it.
[/b][/quote]

I only just saw this thread now.....

They told you this with a straight face?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I would walk into that dealership, line all the salespeople and management up, extend my right hand, and then run by them all as fast as I could and delight in the sound of my hand slapping each and every face.......
Old 4/14/06, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] Time to find another dealer, one who will be honest with you and actually SELL you a GT500. Then after you take delivery you can drive into that dishonest dealer's lot and lay some rubber in your Shelby they wouldn't sell you.