Tried to order my Shelby this morning

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/06, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, everyone! Well, I tried to place my order this morning at my dealer (at 9:30 eastern time). All the codes came up, but when he tried to place it, the message was "Job1 line not ready"! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
He said he was going to re-try around noon....So here I am, at work, PACING THE FLOORS, WALLS & CEILING!!!!! Could not confirm price as that is a function of the order response system. Here's what I am planning on ordering:

T89 Convertible
68S Premium Interior Upgrade
T8 Tuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngsten Grey Clearcoat (saw an '06 on the lot looks GREAT w/the black top!!!)
A Black Convertible top
GW Charcoal Black Interior
7 Satin Silver Side Stripes (say that 3 times fast!!!)

That's about it because almost everything else is standard. That's the update, I'll keep you posted!!! Now, I'll just sit here and go crazy!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Good luck with the price. You won't see it for a couple months.
Old 3/13/06, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yea, talked to my dealer as well and they said they have my order but are not putting any in because they have not received their allocation.

Their order manager also wanted the salesmen to ask me, "Many people are calling in bids of $80,000 so what is your stance on that?" I told him I will pay around MSRP and they can keep me on list and call me back when it drops to there, as it will eventually. I told him if you have people willing to part with their money then that is fine. I know their will be enough of these cars and I can wait, if I have to make a phone call from the desert to order it when the price drops I will gladly do so.

Uncle Sam doesn't pay me that much money. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

So I am currently waiting as well. I'm hoping that many of you get your cars quickly so we can start hearing the stories about them. I am going to call a few more dealerships to see if they are willing to do MSRP for me. I took the day off solely for ordering so I might as well use my time.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

I bet they do get a lot of "bids" for 80,000.00. I'd love for them to tell every one of those people to come in and drop off a 500.00 deposit to show their sincerity, and see how many actually do. I'd wager they'd be lucky to get one single person to come drop off a deposit on a sales price of 80k. There are LOTS of dreamers and tire kickers out there, it's flat rude of the dealership to use that BS to queer a deal with a legit customer.
Old 3/13/06, 08:46 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ March 13, 2006, 9:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
"Many people are calling in bids of $80,000 so what is your stance on that?"[/b][/quote]
Wow, you're more polite than I would have been, MilStang. This whole "this car is gonna sell for 75 Quadzillion dollars" thing is really gettin' old.

I'm still confused as to how ANYONE can order the specified car they want if dealers are merely getting "limited allotments". Something isn't adding up here. I mean, if you walk in to order the car, at what point does the dealer say, "Sorry sucker, no Shelby for you, we used up our allotment and now you're SOL"? Is it too late to order one after the first two weeks...the first two months...six months from now?

Either the car is orderable, or there is a limited allotment per dealership. Can't be both. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 3/14/06, 06:39 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,346 Posts
One of The Local Dealers in our area is Taking a $10,000 Deposit and then they will pull a Name out of a hat and sell it at MSRP. What do you think of that???????????????????????????

kc
Old 4/11/06, 06:04 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05stangkc @ March 14, 2006, 7:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One of The Local Dealers in our area is Taking a $10,000 Deposit and then they will pull a Name out of a hat and sell it at MSRP. What do you think of that???????????????????????????
kc
[/b][/quote]

As long as all the loosers get their $10K back, I think that's a great way of doing it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/11/06, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ March 13, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea, talked to my dealer as well and they said they have my order but are not putting any in because they have not received their allocation.

Their order manager also wanted the salesmen to ask me, "Many people are calling in bids of $80,000 so what is your stance on that?" I told him I will pay around MSRP and they can keep me on list and call me back when it drops to there, as it will eventually. I told him if you have people willing to part with their money then that is fine. I know their will be enough of these cars and I can wait, if I have to make a phone call from the desert to order it when the price drops I will gladly do so.

Uncle Sam doesn't pay me that much money. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

So I am currently waiting as well. I'm hoping that many of you get your cars quickly so we can start hearing the stories about them. I am going to call a few more dealerships to see if they are willing to do MSRP for me. I took the day off solely for ordering so I might as well use my time.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

You must be high ranking if you can afford the new Cobra period! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

When i return to CONUS and pick up my 07 GT, I'll hopefully have a line in for E-5 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/14/06, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll just wait it out if I get one great if not I will not loose the sleep ,byt if I do get one I will not sleep either, talk about being damned.