SHELBY Clones should be patent/copyright prosecuted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/06, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Judy aren't you the one that was supposed to post pictures of your car a month ago or something?

Just wondering where those pics are.

And if Patrick had Carroll Shelby sign his dash I think that's good enough for me. If Shelby doesn't have a problem with it I don't see why anyone else would.

Oh... except for dealers that are greedy and don't want people to have any other options... just my opinion of course
Old 10/9/06, 05:36 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mind "cloning" cars (Personally wouldn't go as far a using badges, though). Let the collectors keep the stress and worry if ever they should drive the originals on public roads. Anyway, in some cases the clone ends up having superior performance compared to the original.
Old 10/9/06, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Put the badges on if you want to. Just don't try to sell it or pass it off as origianal if asked.
Old 10/9/06, 08:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Imatk
Hey Judy aren't you the one that was supposed to post pictures of your car a month ago or something?

And if Patrick had Carroll Shelby sign his dash I think that's good enough for me. If Shelby doesn't have a problem with it I don't see why anyone else would.

Oh... except for dealers that are greedy and don't want people to have any other options... just my opinion of course
Yea, you were talking smack about pictures and pom poms. Where are the pics.
Old 10/9/06, 08:15 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
So right bull. Clones are fine as long as not you don't try to push it off as the original. The 66 GT500 is also my favorite. Too bad I can't swing 150-200K for one. Oh lord, thats enough for a small house. If I could, i'd be afraid to drive it. Thats where the clone comes in.
Good thing you didn't waste $200K on one, because there is no such thing as a "66 GT500".
Old 10/9/06, 08:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by V10
Good thing you didn't waste $200K on one, because there is no such thing as a "66 GT500".
You've got a point there. Like the one on my head I mean't 66 GT350. That's my dream car. But I had to settle for an 07 GT 500 . Couldn't swing the 150-200k. Not a bad compromise.
Old 10/9/06, 08:26 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by shelby_sez
I feel that Shelby Enterprises and FoMoCo should prosecute those imposters for patent/copyright infringement.
Probably gearing up to do that as we speak.....might even come after you for using his name in this thread.
Old 10/9/06, 08:28 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Old 10/10/06, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Imatk

Yeah, I apologize there for slacking. I've got some in the camera now, I'll try to finish it up and get them developed this weekend. In the meantime, this is what it looks like.... scroll to the bottom and choose flash video..... http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/video/roadtests.shtml
Old 10/10/06, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

You know they have those one-hour photo places now... did you go to the one-month photo place by mistake
Old 10/10/06, 02:24 PM
GT Member

That's pretty slack, posting a link to a video that's "like" your car. Get off the pot and post "real" pics.
Old 10/10/06, 03:54 PM
Banned

WOW! Tough Crowd. I will, I will.
Old 10/10/06, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

WOW! Tough Crowd. I will, I will.
don't worry shelby_sez ..there are a lot of posers out there and it won't feel like a tough crowd when you show them you are for real.

just post some pics of your car what number you car is. It will be fun.
Old 10/10/06, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Why we clone .......

I will give you a few reasons:

1. Dealer Markup on the Shelby GT500 is highway robbery !!!!!!!!
2. Dealer Markup on my 05 GT was highway robbery !!!!

NOTE: If Ford forced dealers to sell their Shelby GT500 at only $500 - $1000 over dealer invoice - I would have been trading in my GT in a heartbeat

AND YOU WANT TO SUE BECAUSE WE CLONE - ARE YOU NUTS !!!

WE SHOULD SUE FORD DEALERS FOR PRICE GOUGING !!!!!!!!
WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A CRIME !!!
HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT FORD DEALERS HAVE BEEN CHARGING FOR SHELBY GT500?

IN THE END MY SO CALLED CLONED SHELBY GT500 WOULD HAVE COST ME WHAT A REAL
SHELBY GT500 SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR. THIS AFTER MY ENGINE MODS - AND GUESS
WHAT IT WON'T BE AS HEAVY AS A REAL SHELBY GT500 !!!

CLONE, CLONE, CLONE AWAY GUYS & GALS - UNTIL FORD DEALERS COME TO THEIR SENSES !!!!!!!!!

:n ice::nic e:
Old 10/10/06, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw a Shelby Clone over the weekend. From the exterior, the only giveaway were the exhaust tips, the rear spoiler and the Shelby lettering, which SHE had done clear across the deck lid.

I feel that Shelby Enterprises and FoMoCo should prosecute those imposters for patent/copyright infringement.

FoMoCo should also only allow Shelby body panels to be ordered by Ford dealers supplying a valid Shelby VIN.

What a travesty!! NO POM POMS HERE! TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!
Oh geez, you're an *******.
Old 10/10/06, 11:00 PM
FR500 Member

Amen, GTRacerX!
Old 10/11/06, 04:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey lets sue people for wearing jersey's with their favorite players name on the back, or talking about their favorite show they saw last night with freinds, or stupid people for breeding......yea sounds pretty F'n foolish doesnt it...other than the last one. We should do that one. Alot less lawsuits and we would all be better off.
Old 10/11/06, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Way to hit the nail on the head with that analogy!

EK

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Don't concern yourself. Both companies have excelled in prosecuting and persecuting quite a few of those imposters.

But you are missing the point. Cloning is accepted and encouraged by these companies for various reasons, mainly money. Think of it as women and breast enlargements. They might be fake, but are accepted and encouraged.

Old 10/11/06, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Hey lets sue people for wearing jersey's with their favorite players name on the back, or talking about their favorite show they saw last night with freinds, or stupid people for breeding......yea sounds pretty F'n foolish doesnt it...other than the last one. We should do that one. Alot less lawsuits and we would all be better off.
Well put Webba
Old 10/11/06, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Webba
Now Webba, calm down... Jersey's are licensed, royalties are being paid, that is not a valid comparison. Your other two statements are out of left field.

And hey, MAYBE I'm wrong to begin with... anyway, I still love you.

Quick Reply: SHELBY Clones should be patent/copyright prosecuted!!!