Need advice on trading for GT500

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/08 | 07:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Yes. We ALL have to make sure we can afford a beater, don't we?

How's the ol' finances? *snicker, snicker*
Probably won't be long till you're like poor old Ed McMahon.
Old 6/20/08 | 08:00 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
How's the ol' finances? *snicker, snicker*
Probably won't be long till you're like poor old Ed McMahon.
Let's see here...

It would likely take you at least two lifetimes to catch up to what I have accomplished in half of one. Call it bragging if you will but you should not bet your 87 octane gas allowance against it.

You read about them, you look at them, you talk about them, you test drive them, you write about them, you indoctrinate yourself. Bottom line, you can't have a GT500 therefore you have to demean it. That's why you had to settle for a Bullitt which by its own accord it is way over your head. Your talents and experience are out matched by a 4.6.

In other words, mon amie, you may build a mansion you just can't live in it.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 6/20/08 at 08:08 PM.
Old 6/20/08 | 08:55 PM
V6 Member

Let's see here...

It would likely take you at least two lifetimes to catch up to what I have accomplished in half of one. Call it bragging if you will but you should not bet your 87 octane gas allowance against it.

You read about them, you look at them, you talk about them, you test drive them, you write about them, you indoctrinate yourself. Bottom line, you can't have a GT500 therefore you have to demean it. That's why you had to settle for a Bullitt which by its own accord it is way over your head. Your talents and experience are out matched by a 4.6.

George, love them, hate them, or indifferent no one can ever say your posts are anything if not entertaining. Please don't ever leave us....... unless you insist on continuing to talk in French.
Old 6/20/08 | 09:26 PM

I must confess, figuratively speaking.

I excelled in debating and was frequently and cordially invited to after school detention. I tell you, those Catholic Brothers had no sense of humor whatsoever.

Old 6/21/08 | 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Supercharger
I decided to go ahead with the trade. The deal is I am ordering a 2009 to my specs for MSRP and they are giving me a good price on the Mustang GT, almost as much as I paid for it originally, but of course that doesn't include all the money I put in it afterwards. Car should be here in early August, they say.

My high priority mod is definitely going to be the FRPP axle backs like I have on my GT.

Everyone, thanks for the input.
I did the exact same thing ~3months ago on an 08. Only mod I had on my 05 GT was the FRPP axel backs, which after trading in the car and reading GT500 forums I learned work and sound nice on the GT500. I wish I would have put my originals back on the GT before trading it in (they were in the trunk). I'm now saving for GT500 FRPP axle backs
Old 6/21/08 | 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mjbarnet
I did the exact same thing ~3months ago on an 08. Only mod I had on my 05 GT was the FRPP axel backs, which after trading in the car and reading GT500 forums I learned work and sound nice on the GT500. I wish I would have put my originals back on the GT before trading it in (they were in the trunk). I'm now saving for GT500 FRPP axle backs
Bummer. I had a chance to start a GT500 at a dealer well before I ordered mine. I knew it was going to need an axle back. Too bad you didn't think of that.

I haven't heard one in person with the FRPP. I'd like to. Maybe I'll run into one at a show or something.
Old 6/21/08 | 04:35 PM

I took the FRPP axlebacks off the '07 and are now on the '08. There was a slight drone around 1800 RPMS on the '07 and it disappeared on the '08. I was pleasantly surprised but still puzzled as to why the drone would be on one and not on the other.
Old 6/21/08 | 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I took the FRPP axlebacks off the '07 and are now on the '08. There was a slight drone around 1800 RPMS on the '07 and it disappeared on the '08. I was pleasantly surprised but still puzzled as to why the drone would be on one and not on the other.
That is interesting. You would think it would be the same.
Old 6/21/08 | 08:02 PM
Post *****

OBviously the '08 is just better than the '07. Right George?
Old 6/21/08 | 08:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Let's see here...

LOL
I don't care what you have accomplished- you're still a complete loser.

As for what I can afford to buy...I could walk in and buy a GT500 tomorrow, but the car doesn't suit me.
I give you about 5 years before you're bankrupt. You're a complete tool. LOL
Now you better go check your bank account and see if you can make your payments for this month- I wouldn't want you to have sell your GT500- AGAIN!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!
Old 6/21/08 | 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Bummer. I had a chance to start a GT500 at a dealer well before I ordered mine. I knew it was going to need an axle back. Too bad you didn't think of that.

I haven't heard one in person with the FRPP. I'd like to. Maybe I'll run into one at a show or something.

The GT500 (stock) is definitley queiter than the GT with the FRPP axel backs. Evidently the steel is slightly thinner on the GT500 specific FRPP axel backs compared to the regular GT FRPP axel backs, but I think I could have lived with that. I thought they looked and sounded nice my GT so I will probably stick with FRPP for the GT500.

There is a nice thread at Team Shelby on Cat backs, several clips. Most are too loud for my liking, I'm more a fan of flowmaster and FRPPs.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29440

Last edited by mjbarnet; 6/21/08 at 11:30 PM.
Old 6/22/08 | 12:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Smile I like to drive fast I don't need loud exhaust drawing attention

Every time I quietly speed past a cop, it just happened again this evening, he didn't even look up, I think of all you guys who just have to make your exhaust systems louder. I get a kick out of it.

I like to drive fast, I don't need anything, stripes, loud exhaust or anything else to draw any extra attention to my fast driving.
Old 6/22/08 | 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
OBviously the '08 is just better than the '07. Right George?
The only difference I've noticed is the clutch. It feels a tad heavier and doesn't have the hydrolic hissing sound the '07 had.
Old 6/22/08 | 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Whammer
... I could walk in and buy a GT500 tomorrow, but the car doesn't suit me...
Right. I am sure you are being candid and forthright.

What is puzzling is your obsession with the cost difference between regular and premium gas... you know, the type your Bullitt never gets to taste? It might be news to you but I believe the GT500 does not use deisel premium. At least not yet.

Old 6/22/08 | 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Every time I quietly speed past a cop, it just happened again this evening, he didn't even look up, I think of all you guys who just have to make your exhaust systems louder. I get a kick out of it.

I like to drive fast, I don't need anything, stripes, loud exhaust or anything else to draw any extra attention to my fast driving.
I did not upgrade mine to get attention. I did it for me. I love the sound of the V8. I wanted to be able to hear it inside the car better. I have never even heard mine outside the car. I have not let anybody drive mine without me in it aside from my brother taking his wife for a low speed drive down the road and back. She wouldn't let him step on it.

The axle backs give it a little extra punch without offending the neighbors. I have no interest in taking it any farther than that. A buddy has the full headers/X-pipe/axle backs (SSW). His car is way too loud.

The chances of the sound of your exhaust making a difference in getting a ticket are thin. By the time he hears you, you are already past him. Unless the cops in your area all just sleep or look down all the time. The ones in my area look up and use radar to catch speeders. It is the speed that will get you noticed and ticketed.
Old 6/22/08 | 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Black GT500
... I think of all you guys who just have to make your exhaust systems louder. I get a kick out of it.

Kevin and I share the same position with respect the exhaust note. It's about the muscle car sound. Who needs or places a priority on getting attention over enjoying the moment of driving these cars?

So you don't like attention? Really? You might like to review your posts and refresh your memory. You might find many them are not exactly in the humble category. If there has been one GT500 owner roaming these forums who wants everyone in the world to know he has one and has to constantly remind and rub it in their faces it has been none other than you. If that is not "drawing any extra attention" then what is? Frankly I am surprised none of the guys over at the GT forums called you a classless GT500 snob.

We should count our blessings you didn't get a Ford GT instead.
Old 6/22/08 | 11:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I did not upgrade mine to get attention. I did it for me. I love the sound of the V8. I wanted to be able to hear it inside the car better.

The axle backs give it a little extra punch without offending the neighbors.
I agree, it's not about the VOLUME as much as it is the TONE. I have a pair of 5GT's in the garage that I should be installing right now (waiting on a low rise jack, aaarg!). I bought them not to make my car louder but to add a deeper rumble. I have had several people admire my car that made the statement that "it just doesn't sound right." I think the stock exhaust was a compromise to give it a broader appeal or something. It just doesn't have a true muscle car growl.
Old 6/22/08 | 11:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

2 pages later, and 38 posts. Do you have any idea of how many smile miles you could have on that baby yet.
Old 6/22/08 | 12:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
2 pages later, and 38 posts. Do you have any idea of how many smile miles you could have on that baby yet.
Excellent point! Gonna go put the top down and go for a spin right now.
Old 6/22/08 | 12:56 PM
Post *****

Kevin and I share the same position with respect the exhaust note. It's about the muscle car sound. Who needs or places a priority on getting attention over enjoying the moment of driving these cars?

So you don't like attention? Really? You might like to review your posts and refresh your memory. You might find many them are not exactly in the humble category. If there has been one GT500 owner roaming these forums who wants everyone in the world to know he has one and has to constantly remind and rub it in their faces it has been none other than you. If that is not "drawing any extra attention" then what is? Frankly I am surprised none of the guys over at the GT forums called you a classless GT500 snob.

We should count our blessings you didn't get a Ford GT instead.
It's about time somebody said it. I'm just too nice to have done it. But you are right George.

Quick Reply: Need advice on trading for GT500