Motor Week Shelby Road Test

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/06, 06:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Ninety-six...that's NINETY-SIX percent of all our clothing in the U.S. and Canada is imported from other countries. We can't even cloth ourselves anymore!

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

All part of "the best government money can buy."
More People need to be assertive in buying American vs Foreign products and this would not be as great a Statistic. It is us, the Buyers, who are supporting this Statistic. My closet does contain foreign, for sure, but not the 96% of it. At least six out of ten purchases i make are of American or Canadian Clothing. Some stores carry a lot of these products, whereas others do not. One needs to find them is all. Some are all American, and often some are foreign assembled of American Fabric. At least it is part Domestic in Product.

This Issue is nothing new to me. Regarding many things, from Manufactured Goods to Education, i have been to the top of the Government, as well as on National TV about it. Your point of view is shared by many. As i have been told by many and put into practise myself, put the money where you best want it;- this is how we speak out Loudly against it. Yes, i am proud to drive TWO beautiful American Cars
Old 10/20/06, 02:46 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not just the foreign issue, either. It's the growing class disparity in the United States.

The average corporate CEO in America makes a whopping 431 X the average salary of a median worker. That means it would take roughly two years for the average American worker to make what the average American CEO gets in one day.

Old 10/20/06, 03:32 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not just the foreign issue, either. It's the growing class disparity in the United States.

The average corporate CEO in America makes a whopping 431 X the average salary of a median worker. That means it would take roughly two years for the average American worker to make what the average American CEO gets in one day.

Yeah, isn't that just wonderful? (Sigh) It's pretty disheartening to know that.
Well, I suppose it's time to find a temp CEO job to be able to afford a GT500!
Old 10/20/06, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a flaming issue that five percent of the Population makes more than eighty persent of the Nation's Income. Worse, these "CEO's" don't do any work. Check their CVs. They have little skill in relation to their Position and often cannot perform the work of their Subordinates. Put them in a two hour meeting to solve an issue and they cannot think on their feet or, get answers to the problems at hand. Yet they are good at wasting time and further halting the work progress in America's Business. Then, they walk away after the meeting exuding an attitude that they actually did something.
Old 10/20/06, 06:56 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stangette
It is a flaming issue that five percent of the Population makes more than eighty persent of the Nation's Income. Worse, these "CEO's" don't do any work. Check their CVs. They have little skill in relation to their Position and often cannot perform the work of their Subordinates. Put them in a two hour meeting to solve an issue and they cannot think on their feet or, get answers to the problems at hand. Yet they are good at wasting time and further halting the work progress in America's Business. Then, they walk away after the meeting exuding an attitude that they actually did something.
It's called an oligarchy. Which is exactly what the U.S. as a whole is turning into. Elected officials bought and paid for by corporate America (and those execs we're talking about).